PDA

View Full Version : Power steering/ACE fluids?????

jackson01disc
01-22-2008, 06:55 AM
can anyone tell me of an after market ps/ace fluid that can be purchased locally??? and also tell me about power steering moan in the morning?? Sign of a new pump possibly?? Any help greatly appreciated!! i love my disco and i am enjoying working on it myself but i still do not know its personality yet!!

singingcamel
02-26-2008, 01:52 PM
Any power steering fld will work , the manual says differently. just buy a good Quality fld.
You may need to just change out the fld, that will quiet it down..
take out some fld. turkey basting syringe, add new until the fld looks clean. don'y empty it completely withe the syringe ..add a little at a time..

DiscoDave
03-10-2008, 06:22 AM
Mine moaned from about 65k to about 80k when I added some Lucas PS fluid ... ran like syrup, but seemed to smooth everything out.

And for what it's worth, most folks don't start replacing the units until they start leaking real bad. We're used to weird noises and groans and moans ... we drive Rovers!

JimKellyfan
07-13-2008, 05:59 AM
I went to one Napa and they had no clue. I was looking for an equivalent to Texaco 14315. It was a light green oil. I went to another Napa and they ordered it by lunch. I believe it was Piscosin or close to that. The bottle was entirely encompassed in the German language. Works fine.