PDA

View Full Version : High back seats

PH4
01-24-2008, 03:26 PM
Does anyone have an opinion as to comfort of LR Series top/back cushion with headrest versus Trekkers high back seats?

greenmeanie
01-24-2008, 05:28 PM
Bestop trailmax pro jeep seats here are the most most comfortable I've found. It's simple to build an adapter to mount them to LR rails and it gives about an extra 1-2" of leg room.

Cheers
Gregor

yorker
01-24-2008, 06:00 PM
http://www.discoweb.org/forums/showthread.php?t=36173

DRTPOOR
01-24-2008, 10:40 PM
I used to have the high backed Trekkers /Trakkers (however it is spelled) in my old series III. In my honest opinion I really like the stock original seating. I think the original seats are more comfortable and they look better in there too.

Just my opinion though.

Scott Surla

PH4
01-25-2008, 08:18 AM
Are the deluxe seat backs higher/taller than the regular seat backs?

greenmeanie
01-25-2008, 09:55 AM
Are the deluxe seat backs higher/taller than the regular seat backs?

No.
You can get high backs based on the Deluxe design but I am told the head support is cosmetic only but the back support is taller.

The problem with the original seating is it's low back design. While we all tend to have a 'It won't happen to me, especially in my old truck.' attitude the low back seats WILL result in much greater whiplash and back injuries if the unfortunate happens.

If it is a show car or a trail truck where speeds are low I understand keeping the original seats but for a daily driver I would go with high backs for safety.

Cheers
Gregor