PDA

View Full Version : Bolt/Thread Size for Spare?

NC Rover
01-27-2008, 12:12 PM
Trying to find the Bolt Size / thread for the hardware to mount the spare on the hood. Anyone?

Jim-ME
01-27-2008, 02:59 PM
The last I remember it is a thread pitch that you can't readily get unless you order the specific bolt from a Rover parts supplier. I may have an extra. It's yours if you want it.
Jim

Firemanshort
01-27-2008, 05:31 PM
These bolts are Whitworth thread - tough to find unless you order purpose biult hardware.

friar mike
01-28-2008, 01:27 PM
The only diffrents from UNC ( usa corse) and Whitworth thread is the pitch USA is 60 degree and Whitworth is 55 degree.

NC Rover
01-28-2008, 02:42 PM
Here is the deal. I have the original bolts to mount the spare. However, they are for the original tire size, which I no longer have. I'm looking for a bolt with the same thread...just a lot longer so I can make it work.

Is there anything close that will work with the particular threads in the hood?

Trying to figure a way to secure the spare on the hood. Original bolts are too short.

TedW
01-28-2008, 03:12 PM
No one stocks a longer bolt so I drilled and tapped for a larger (and longer) bolt. Works swell, except that the head size is different - not a big deal, in any case.

NC Rover
01-28-2008, 03:24 PM
No one stocks a longer bolt so I drilled and tapped for a larger (and longer) bolt. Works swell, except that the head size is different - not a big deal, in any case.

Good deal. Thanks for the info! May be doing that shortly.