PDA

View Full Version : Where do I find my radio code?

testmetestme
01-30-2008, 08:20 AM
This is probably a dumb question, put I can't figure out where I would get the radio code. My '91 RR sat dead through most of the fall, and now I've been driving around for the last two weeks w/ no radio.

Help would be appreciated.

57loboy
01-30-2008, 08:28 AM
If you happen to have the original owners manual/binder, it's often written on the manual or something like that. If not, my understanding is that you must go to a dealer to obtain the code to unlock the radio.

phoenix
01-30-2008, 09:27 AM
if you dont have the owners manual where the radio code card may be found, you need to remove the radio and find out if you have clarion, alpine or pioneer radio. (it should say on the back of the radio) along with the radio serial number take this to the local lr dealer and they should be able to give you the code.

Paul Grant
01-30-2008, 09:46 PM
If the radio is the original, the dealer will have the code and can access it using the vehicles VIN. If the radio was ever replaced then the only way to get the code it to remove the radio, record the serial number and ask the dealer to get the number from Land Rover in the UK. This could take a few days but Land Rover UK are the only ones that have a record of all radio codes based on serial numbers.

phoenix
01-30-2008, 10:19 PM
e mail me your radio brand and serial # i can get access to that info at work
carlosz@cox.net