PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Rover Enthusiasts in Hawaii

xsbowes
01-30-2008, 01:13 PM
I just moved to Honolulu with my 72 Lightweight. Looking for other Series Rovers in the area. I've seen plenty of Discos and a few Defenders. If anyone knows of someone my email is xsbowes@spymac.com.

Thanks
Stacy

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid18498171

Jeff Aronson
01-30-2008, 05:04 PM
I know they're in Hawaii because I've received photos, Sightings and stories over the years from Hawaii enthuiasts with Series Rovers.

If you don't find anyone, you can always fly me from frigid Maine this winter to visit you! I would sacrifice splitting wood and scrambling for winter work just to help out another enthusiast.

Nice Lightweight!

Jeff

Hawaii_SIII
01-31-2008, 12:42 AM
I know of atleast two other classic Landy fans here on the island. Better watch out for the Horrible Hawaiian Drivers!!! :nono: Check your email.

KingSlug
01-31-2008, 02:31 AM
I was in Hilo until May, now I am back in SoCal attending to business. But I will be back in Hilo in a year or two, hopefully sooner. There are series on the Big Island. The barn below has 4 just sitting and there are other secret stashes around too.

Jared

Damn I can't post the pic, I will see if I can get it up later.

junkyddog11
02-01-2008, 06:05 AM
I don't live there but will be sure to look you up next time I'm in town, (Kaneohe) where I have friends.

LndRvr64
02-02-2008, 11:13 AM
I'll be on Oahu for another 6 months or so. I have a Limestone 64 IIA SW. Will drop you an email. I know of a couple other guys with Series here. There were 2 posted on Craig's List recently. Jeff, It's raining here today and chilly - probably down to 75, so you don't have it bad on your island - rather have snow than cold rain (OK maybe not cold, but cool for here)

I would choose a Icon to post, but I don't see a Hawaiian Shaka.

Take care - Jack

daveb
02-04-2008, 04:01 PM
Cold rain. Yeah I was in Honolulu and Kona over xmas and New Year's and experienced 2 weeks of what they call "cold."

LOL. I was sitting on the beach in shorts and a t-shirt.

I'll take that over snow and -24F in Maine any day. Though i won't let that stop me form hitting the Winter Romp this year!

Jeff, It's raining here today and chilly - probably down to 75, so you don't have it bad on your island - rather have snow than cold rain (OK maybe not cold, but cool for here)