PDA

View Full Version : When it rains...

SalemRover
02-05-2008, 08:44 PM
Just wasn't my night tonight. I added some sound proofing to a LaSalle headliner and apparently I was all thumbs tonight. Put a screw threw a speaker wire.... took some time to sort that out, dropped the dome light in the driveway and it shattered to pieces. Decided to check the oil tonight after wrestling through my problems. Dipstick handle broke off in my hand... guess the Rover didn't want to be disturbed tonight. I would reckon a 2.25 and a 2.5 dipstick are the same beast. Anyone know for sure?

Cheers,

Jason

4flattires
02-06-2008, 06:39 AM
...nope. There is a .25 difference. ;)

(sorry...just could not resist)

Jeff

SalemRover
02-06-2008, 08:15 AM
Figured as much. Guess I will hobble one out of some wire coat hangers and some measuring spoons. It will go well with all the other Post's I have found on this 5 door conversion engine/body.

Cheers,

-Jason

Terrys
02-06-2008, 08:41 AM
I think he's pulling your leg (2.5 minus 2.25 = .25)
Im pretty sure they use the same dipstick, but you'd be wise to check the length of the tube, from, say, the split line between pan and block.

SalemRover
02-06-2008, 08:48 AM
I think he's pulling your leg (2.5 minus 2.25 = .25)
Im pretty sure they use the same dipstick, but you'd be wise to check the length of the tube, from, say, the split line between pan and block.

I had hoped my ridiculous suggestion was enough to elude that I was joking as well. Oh internet... how subtlety is lost in transmission. I guess I should ask the length of your dipstick... but that can be interpreted too poorly huh? ;)

Cheers,

Jason

Tim Smith
02-06-2008, 10:52 AM
Oh internet... how subtlety is lost in transmission

Depends how you play that game. Like say one's avatar for instance..

Cheers,
Tim

S11A
02-06-2008, 11:18 AM
Uh, the person reflected in the tea kettle looks suspiciously pink?

SalemRover
02-06-2008, 11:59 AM
This thread has headed south pretty fast. I never noticed that your Avatar tea kettle was *that* tea kettle.

-Jason

Tim Smith
02-06-2008, 12:55 PM
Tee Hee. :D

Sorry folks, just trying to bring out a little subtlety.
The image is courtesy of "Ebays Greatest Don'ts".. I think.
Funny stuff!