X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bootlover101
    Low Range
    • Feb 2007

Bumpers

I'm looking for a off road type front bumper with a winch mount for my 98 Disco 1 (SD). ARB is way too much $$$$.$$. Anyone have any ideas?
    Thank you.
    (OlllllllO)
  • Leslie
    5th Gear
    • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Bootlover101
    I'm looking for a off road type front bumper with a winch mount for my 98 Disco 1 (SD). ARB is way too much $$$$.$$. Anyone have any ideas?

You won't like my answer but.....

You don't want the ARB, but because of the approach angle. You need something stronger, too. Rovertym makes a better bumper for mounting a winch, for offroading, etc. However, it'll be more than the ARB....

-L

'72 SIII SW 88"
    '60 SII 88" RHD

Comment

• msggunny
      5th Gear
      • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Leslie
      You won't like my answer but.....

You don't want the ARB, but because of the approach angle. You need something stronger, too. Rovertym makes a better bumper for mounting a winch, for offroading, etc. However, it'll be more than the ARB....

http://www.rovertym.com/
      I would have to say x2, although i dont think you would be able to get their stock bumper with all the bells and whistles for less than an ARB.
      First but gone: 91 3 door Disco "White Rhino"
      77 Series III 88 ex MoD "Shongololo"
      Gone and I miss her: 97 D1 5 speed
      04 DII
      08 D3 (LR3)

Comment

• Bootlover101
        Low Range
        • Feb 2007

Front bumper

Thanks. I've talked with Scott at Rovertm, and I've pritty much decided on there front bumper with the low profile hoop for $775.00 (?) I think it was. I'm going to mount on the warn 8,000lb winch. Has anyone installed Rovertm's 2" body lift?? Scott said he would build the bumper to work with the body lift, but I sure would like to hear from anyone who has installed a 2" body life in there Disco 1.
        (OlllllllO)

Comment

Working...