PDA

View Full Version : Series Service In SE CT

grantgager
02-08-2008, 10:40 AM
Hello,

I just returned to the Norwich/New London Area of CT after several years living with my Series IIA in Idaho.

As I do not trust myself to perform anything beyond minor repairs/tune-ups to my Rover, I had been using Reynolds Garage in Old Lyme for other work. Unfortunately, the gentleman who used to work on my Rover, Tom Clark, is no longer with Reynolds and they will not service any Rovers these days.

Curious to see where other owners in the area (and I know there are many) have found success...outside of their own two hands, that is.

Thanks for your help, it is greatly appreciated.

Tim Smith
02-08-2008, 11:50 AM
Not sure about SE CT... How far are you willing to drive?

I can't give any direct recommendations but I know of one in Fairfield and another in or around Kent. I'd have to look up the names though.
<rifling through my desk>

I Leak Oil
02-08-2008, 03:15 PM
Classic 4x4 is somewhere down there to the west though...
Jason T.

Jim-ME
02-08-2008, 06:51 PM
I have very fond memories of Reynolds Garage and Marina in Old Lyme as that is the place my first Rover came from. Thanks for mentioning them as it has made a crappy day much better. Sorry I can't help out with repair places in CT any longer as I haven't lived there for better than 35 years. But there are some great guys on this forum that live in CT. They will be able to help you for sure.
Jim

Grover73
02-08-2008, 07:47 PM
Depending what you would like done to your truck I would love to do the work for you. I have lived with old rovers for 18+ years and worked on them for more than 15. I live in eastern CT and love to work on Rovers. Please let me know what I can do for you.

Cheers, :cheers: Ryan

EASTTNROVER
02-09-2008, 07:12 PM
I live in New London, work on base...so look me up. I have used Hollands Garage in Guilford, he replaced a steering box in my disco and put on some rock sliders and some other maintenance on the IIA. I have had a great experience up there, and he is a wealth of knowledge, I'll keep going there till I transfer. Mike's website is hollandsgarage.com. I'm sure you wont be dissapointed.