PDA

View Full Version : Speedy Sleeve.

greenmeanie
02-10-2008, 10:37 PM
Well after having a rear transfer case seal leak for about the last three years I am going to do something about it. I need to know the diameter of the seal land for the rear output on the transfer case so that I can order a Speedy Sleeve. I've replaced the seal a few times but I think it is the surface on the shaft that is killing them as I don't feel any excesive play in the bearings.

She's going to be sitting out in the driveway for a while soon and I have been assured that her usual oil slick is neither quaint or acceptable by her indoors.

Cheers
Gregor

leafsprung
02-11-2008, 09:48 AM
Just measure it. If you dont have calipers, drop me an email and I can slap some calipers on one under the bench. Hope you got your stuff.

-Ike

greenmeanie
02-11-2008, 01:19 PM
Thanks Ike,
Yes I got my stuff and very nice it is too. I also just committed to buying another truck at the weekend so I'll be in contact soon about some other goodies. I just want to get it here and survey the project before committing my cash.

With my 101 down on its rewire - I will finish it soon, honest - I need to keep my IIA up and running as a daily driver. I had hoped to be able to order the part in and then get the job done in a day so was just wondering if anyone had the info to hand.

I'll just wait until the 101 is running and do it then. At least I know she's not rusting away from neglect:)

Cheers
Gregor