• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oregondisco
    Low Range
    • Feb 2008

Coolant leak questions

Hi

I noticed a leak under my left driver side tire. Upon search, I tracked it down to a coolant hose connected to the throttle body. Anyone have similar problems? And what parts would I need?
  • LaneRover
    Overdrive
    • Oct 2006

Guessing by your name and the fact that you mention 'throttle body' - you might want to try this question in the Discovery forum.

Of course I am also assuming that throttle body refers to a type of injection.

Good luck with your problem.

Brent
    1958 107 SW - Sold to a better home
    1965 109 SW - nearly running well
    1966 88 SW - running but needing attention
    1969 109 P-UP

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...2&l=64cfe23aa2

Comment

• Mike Koch
      RN Sales Team
      • May 2006

That's a common issue on the Discovery II and this is the kit you need to make the repair:

Kind regards,
      Mike Koch

1993 Range Rover SWB
      "Backup car? Why would I need a backup car? My car backs up just fine."

Comment

• Joey4420
        1st Gear
        • Feb 2009

Not to knock selling the kit, but all you need is some permitex.
        Joey
        97 Disco
        10 MCCSm
        Custom Rover Accessories
        Home of the D2 horn buttons

Comment

• spacemutt
          1st Gear
          • Nov 2008

I think the plate has been modified, can't remember. We did a couple in the workshop on the V8 Discos.

Comment

• JimKellyfan
            Low Range
            • Jul 2008

make sure

I had found that once you discover one leak, you should keep looking to ensure there aren't any more. A tiny leak I had at the water pump, fixed and done, right ? Nope. I also had seepage at many hoses, so I bought the hose kit. Before I put it on, I bought a pressure tester. Leaking near where you are describing, I had to remove the AC compressor to see where it was coming from. ( lines still attached but electrical unplugged ) The front cover was seeping just ever so slightly as well. I bought most every part from Rob at Rovers North ( very helpful ). The parts I didn't get were just the ones I had to obtain from the dealer or unavailable and were negligible ( couple o rings ). Good luck, and feel free to email me if you have any other questions.

" I am not a robot. I don't like having discs crammed into me unless they're Oreos. And then only in the mouth." - Frye

Comment

Working...