X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • msggunny
    5th Gear
    • Jan 2007

I can finally hear my radio at 70mph!!

After 4 years of having an extreemly too lout glass pack, i decided to replace it. It was starting to rot a bit, so it gave me a good excuse, plus i have always been weary about how low it hung.

Before:

After:

Its still a bit ghetto, but much better than it was. It even drives better, and doesnt make my head hurt when i am going 65.

I will miss making car alarms go off when i drove by though...

And yes, it does 70MPH with 3/4 throttle left.
    First but gone: 91 3 door Disco "White Rhino"
    77 Series III 88 ex MoD "Shongololo"
    Gone and I miss her: 97 D1 5 speed
    04 DII
    08 D3 (LR3)
  • Bostonian1976
    5th Gear
    • Nov 2006

70 mph - must be nice
    '67 sort of station wagon (limestone), '65 gray hardtop, '63 blue Station Wagon, '64 limestone station wagon in pieces

Comment

• PH4
      3rd Gear
      • Jan 2007

I have always been curious why people use glass packs? We have so many vehicles that use them now and it is a constant din of noise all day. Everthing from painter vans to trucks to Hondas? Is there a great signifigance in higher perfomance?

Comment

• msggunny
        5th Gear
        • Jan 2007

Originally posted by PH4
        I have always been curious why people use glass packs? We have so many vehicles that use them now and it is a constant din of noise all day. Everthing from painter vans to trucks to Hondas? Is there a great signifigance in higher perfomance?
        There is almost zero restriction to them, and at the time thats what i thought i wanted.

Dont want it anymore. I will deal with a bit more back pressure for less sound.
        04 DII
        08 D3 (LR3)

Comment

• msggunny
          5th Gear
          • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Bostonian1976
          70 mph - must be nice
          Its ok, she still shimmies around a bit. I need some FWH's and an overdrive.

I have never driven any other Series other than this one. Its was a bit slow before i had the engine rebuilt, now she goes pretty well.

That and i have striped her down to the bare essentials.
          04 DII
          08 D3 (LR3)

Comment

• autoguy
            2nd Gear
            • Oct 2007

Originally posted by PH4

i dont know hoe much gain a glass pack will do to a 4 cylinder, but i do know that they help a V8 breath better so i would assume it would help a 4 cylinder breath better too, better throttle response too

i know a free flowing exhaust helps an engine at least some, mainly when it has been upgraded with more racing parts

i have dual glass packs and racing headers on my car, and a racing exhaust on my scoot, both are loud as hell i didn't realize how loud the exhaust was on my scoot until i rode it up the hill by our house with out a helmet on, crikey its loud (yes i normally wear a helmet when i ride)
            Last edited by autoguy; 02-19-2008, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Working...