PDA

View Full Version : I can finally hear my radio at 70mph!!

msggunny
02-19-2008, 09:40 AM
After 4 years of having an extreemly too lout glass pack, i decided to replace it. It was starting to rot a bit, so it gave me a good excuse, plus i have always been weary about how low it hung.

Before:

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u125/msggunny/Land%20Rover/passsideoflandy.jpg

After:

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u125/msggunny/Land%20Rover/newexhaust2.jpg

Its still a bit ghetto, but much better than it was. It even drives better, and doesnt make my head hurt when i am going 65.

I will miss making car alarms go off when i drove by though...

And yes, it does 70MPH with 3/4 throttle left.

Bostonian1976
02-19-2008, 11:21 AM
70 mph - must be nice

PH4
02-19-2008, 11:32 AM
I have always been curious why people use glass packs? We have so many vehicles that use them now and it is a constant din of noise all day. Everthing from painter vans to trucks to Hondas? Is there a great signifigance in higher perfomance?

msggunny
02-19-2008, 03:33 PM
I have always been curious why people use glass packs? We have so many vehicles that use them now and it is a constant din of noise all day. Everthing from painter vans to trucks to Hondas? Is there a great signifigance in higher perfomance?

There is almost zero restriction to them, and at the time thats what i thought i wanted.

Dont want it anymore. I will deal with a bit more back pressure for less sound.

msggunny
02-19-2008, 03:36 PM
70 mph - must be nice

Its ok, she still shimmies around a bit. I need some FWH's and an overdrive.

I have never driven any other Series other than this one. Its was a bit slow before i had the engine rebuilt, now she goes pretty well.

That and i have striped her down to the bare essentials.

autoguy
02-19-2008, 03:44 PM

i dont know hoe much gain a glass pack will do to a 4 cylinder, but i do know that they help a V8 breath better so i would assume it would help a 4 cylinder breath better too, better throttle response too

i know a free flowing exhaust helps an engine at least some, mainly when it has been upgraded with more racing parts

i have dual glass packs and racing headers on my car, and a racing exhaust on my scoot, both are loud as hell :) i didn't realize how loud the exhaust was on my scoot until i rode it up the hill by our house with out a helmet on, crikey its loud :) (yes i normally wear a helmet when i ride)