PDA

View Full Version : SIIA - SIII brakes

greenmeanie
02-22-2008, 10:48 AM
Ok gents,
I'm looking at photos of the engine bay of my new truck and it appears to br a conversion of a 6 cylinder as it has the Clayton Dewandre servo. Of course, she now has a Chevy 292 lump providing the grunt which means I am seriously looking at the stopping power. In searching around the net I see that West Coast British seem to be the exponents of this type of engine conversion. Has anyone here dealt with them? Good experiences will be welcome as well as the bad.

I'm also looking at the dual circuit brake conversion. Does anyone have a SIII servo or defender brake pedal tower they want rid of? I can source everything else at reasonable prices but that tower is a problem. Alternatively, can a SIIA pedal tower be converted to mount a SIII servo?

Cheers
Gregor

Pinze
02-22-2008, 01:09 PM
I bought one off of Ebay last year. I've since seen a couple of others listed. I haven't started on the conversion yet, though.

O'Brien
02-22-2008, 01:17 PM
momo documented his upgrade on his blog. you can check it out here:

http://aluminumfriend.blogspot.com/2007/01/power-brake-upgrade-for-pre-1968-land_02.html

Maurice, if you're not down with me posting a link, I'll take it down!:thumb-up: