PDA

View Full Version : Dash Switch

Mungrol
11-29-2006, 09:45 AM
Does anyone know what this button is for? I have it on my H&H, and here is a photo of it in a Rhino. There is nothing in the owners manual on it and I have been unable to find out what it does. It looks like a flat tyre or wading tyre, but nothing happens when it is pushed in or released. A light comes on but there is no apparent changes that I have noticed. I think it is the suspension "lock" switch.... but I have tried that and the suspension still works as normal... ie... lowering to highway setting at speed and then coming back up.

Any insight?

Cheers,
Curly

Mungrol
12-01-2006, 06:38 PM
G'day,

DOesn't anyone know?

garioch43
12-08-2006, 05:59 AM
Hi Mungrol,

If you drop the suspension to the lowest setting and depress the switch you have highlighted, the vehicle will not rise if you start to move again. This is useful if you are in an area with a height restriction.

garioch43

Mungrol
12-10-2006, 12:19 PM
Thanks Mate,

I will give it a try and see if it works that way. I appreciate the insight. Seems this board has slowed down when it comes to passing info and help around. No worries though... hopefully it will pick up.

Cheers,
Curly

sytrix
01-07-2007, 08:16 PM
It has two functions - crawl and inhibit.

If you put the suspension in Access then press this button, the message centre will show "EAS MANUAL" and beep. You can then crawl the car on the bump-stops to allow access to height-restricted areas (garages, parking lots etc). If you exceed 10mph, the console will warn "SLOW:20MPH MAX". If you exceed 25mph, the suspension will automaically raise to the Low (motorway) setting to protect the running gear. To be honest, you wouldn't want to go over 20mph anyway - it's seriously uncomfortable on anything other than the smoothest road!

At any other ride height, it inhibits normal auto height changes and locks the current height until you change it with the rocker switch. LR recommend that you use it to lock the suspension at standard ride height for towing (esp. if using a 4-wheel trailer). With it switched on, you can also manually access Low (motorway) ride height using the Up/Down switch.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

- Simon.

Landlover.Hunter
03-22-2010, 05:24 PM
when ever i leave my car sitting for more than a day the rear end drops way down and the front stays up???? Why is this happening? when i start it it will level out and from time to time go into HIGH mode why is this?

And i have herd of replaceing o rings whare are those i think it may be a leake