PDA

View Full Version : Expansion tank to radiator hose

KeizerRover
02-27-2008, 05:36 PM
I just bought a 2000 Discovery II earlier today and am very impressed with it thus far. It has just under 90,000 miles on it.

I was checking the air filter and in the process my big hands pushed up against the expansion tank to radiator hose and it broke. :( Not having a Rover dealer in town and the local chain stores not having the stock part, I replaced it with the more flexible radiator hose tubing and slightly rerouted it as it was a large OD to fit through the radiator cowling. It is clear of the fan and belt.

How big of a concern should it be that I am doing this and not using the stock rigid hose? RN only wants $15.70 for a replacement hose, but until it gets here should I be okay?

On a side note, what should I be expecting from my Discovery II as I go on past 90 and 100,000 miles, mechanically. Things to watch for... things to do now so I do not have to pay tons of money later... etc. Also, the manual says to use premium gas, the dealer says, nah not a big deal. I figure that Land Rover requires it for a reason and the dealer is not having to pay the maintenance bills. What is the scoop?

Thanks,
Ken