PDA

View Full Version : No reception on AM Radio

KeizerRover
02-27-2008, 09:06 PM
I just got a 2000 Discovery II with the Harmon audio package. Everything seems to work just great except AM reception is practically nonexistant. I get better reception in my 1980 Chevrolet van without an antenna.

I know the antennas are in the rear windows, but is there a system/switch/fuse/whatever that controls the AM antenna that could go out? I listen to AM most of the time and it would be great to get it working.

Thanks,
Ken

Terrys
02-28-2008, 04:31 AM
Somone like Paul Grant, who parts these trucks out will know for sure, but I suspect there is an RF amplifier between the radio and the antenna, as there is in the RR Classic. In the case of the RR, it was located in the headliner, just above the front passenger door. When we replaced it, AM was gangbusters. I have heard of others who have scrapped the whole antenna system and gone with a generic cowl mount antenna, and they have reported huge improvements.

nzoliver
06-03-2008, 03:36 PM
Hi, in the D2 it should be above the rear windows below the skylights each side. Check there is voltage there when the wireless is on. My D1 works with AM only on 1 side. Must be dead AM amp on that side. FM is fine. :thumb-up: