PDA

View Full Version : NADA owners, help me out with rads!

Dashface
02-29-2008, 11:57 AM
Yes, that's right - I'm still struggling to find a rad to fit my Series. It's a NADA rover, so it's been modded with a Chevy 250... And I need to find a rad that will fit. So - anyone who has this mod (I think there are a few of you), what rad will fit in there? Will a stock Rover rad do the trick? Otherwise - just how many litres does a rad for this truck need to be?

Thanks for the help! :thumb-up:

leafsprung
02-29-2008, 12:06 PM
Stock rad may struggle. I have a northern in my 58 with a SBC and its great. I have a Ron Davis in my 57 and its ok. Nothing aftermarket is going to be a bolt in.

-Ike

greenmeanie
02-29-2008, 12:16 PM
Give me a couple of weeks and I'll have a truck with a similar set up except using a 292. From the pictures it seems to have a non stock cross flow type radiator. I'll need to wait on it getting here before I'd have any dimensions.

jp-
02-29-2008, 01:00 PM
I had a Chevy 6 in mine for many years. The man who did the swap put in a special four core radiator, but I don't know what it came out of. It was as tall as the Rover rad, but slightly narrower. I think you're just going to have to go to a junk yard and try to match something up and custom make some brackets.

Dashface
03-01-2008, 02:55 PM
Yeah, the real problem is finding a rad narrow enough yet still powerful enough to cool that damned engine. It's very frustrating!! I've been looking at custom Chevy street rod rads... That might end up being my only option here :(

leafsprung
03-02-2008, 12:15 AM
why is that a bad option?

carl k
03-05-2008, 10:44 AM
Do you still have headlights in the breakfast? You have a lot more options if the headlights have been moved to the wings. If this is your situation, I'll post some pics of mine.

Carl K.

Jim-ME
03-05-2008, 12:19 PM
Listen to Ike (Leafsprung) as he has done more conversioins than you can think of.
Jim