PDA

View Full Version : Heater Hose Routing

green 'n stinky
03-01-2008, 10:12 AM
Please forgive this stupid question, but can someone tell me which way coolant flows from the engine to the heater core on a series III 2.25? Based on the location of the heater control valve, I am assuming that coolant leaves the engine from the front of the engine next to the thermostat housing and returns to the rear of the engine, but I have not been able to confirm that despite much searching. :confused:
Many thanks!

Jim-ME
03-01-2008, 10:59 AM
As far as I know that is correct.
Jim

Erin
03-01-2008, 01:47 PM
I can second that. My heater hose on the thermostat housing gave out a couple of weeks ago and started spraying antifreeze all over the engine bay. So it moves front to rear, just like mom taught ya.:D

Terrys
03-01-2008, 02:03 PM
I can second that. My heater hose on the thermostat housing gave out a couple of weeks ago and started spraying antifreeze all over the engine bay. So it moves front to rear, just like mom taught ya.:D

It would spray as it did irrespective of the direction of flow. The system, as a whole, is under the same pressure, so no mater where a leak occurs, the leak is going to be the same.
Water enters the engine by way of the waterpump , drawn from the lower radiator hose, through the engine and back to the radiator through the thremostat, by way of the top hose. the heater tap at the water pump feeds in the direction of the heater, then out of the heater, back into the head, behind the thermostat ( behind as is the flow).
S2A EX-MOD trucks have the heater valve at the back of the head, rather than the front. I'm assuming that the thought was to get the cooled water exiting the heater core to run the length of the head.

Erin
03-02-2008, 02:55 AM
So, back to front? From the thermostat to the heater to the engine to the thermostat? Am I missing something? Back to front?