PDA

View Full Version : engine vibration

jsmolin
03-04-2008, 12:41 PM
:confused: to everyone i am new to this forum i have a 1995 range rover classic long wheel base with a 4.2 v8 it has a vibration at all speeds(rpm) im 100% sure its the motor it also surges at idle almost staling but catching itself, has a slight sputter at highway speed, i have done evrything external airgap,rotor,cap,wires,plugs,filters,catalytic convertors have checked 02 sensors, mounts, assecory brackets, i am a previous auto mechanic just do not know rovers it is my first, if i didnt know better i would thing it is in the upper end of motor just want other opinions sorry to be so winded just wanted to give as much info as possible oh i have 157,000 miles on this drivetrain thanks jonathan

57loboy
03-05-2008, 08:09 AM
If it's a vibration while moving, you need to check the usual: wheel balance/lug nut torque, ujoints, drive shafts, rubber coupling at the rear of the rear drive shaft (proper name escapes me as I type this - will undoubtedly remember as soon as I hit 'submit reply') etc etc

jsmolin
03-05-2008, 07:16 PM
If it's a vibration while moving, you need to check the usual: wheel balance/lug nut torque, ujoints, drive shafts, rubber coupling at the rear of the rear drive shaft (proper name escapes me as I type this - will undoubtedly remember as soon as I hit 'submit reply') etc etc thank you for your input but the vibration only occurs with a load on the motor even when sitting still it is definatly and engine vibration not a drivetrain vibration but thank you

I Leak Oil
03-06-2008, 05:10 PM
Junk motor or tranny mount? Rough running could be a completely seperate problem.
Jason T.