PDA

View Full Version : Series III 109 in Uruguay

highmile
03-05-2008, 03:38 PM
I was looking through some old photos from a trip I took down to Uruguay back in January 2006, and came across this photo I took of an old 109 on the beach outside Montevideo. I figured I was going to see tons of Land Rovers down there, but this ended up being the only one I came across in the 2 weeks I was there. Little did I know then , that I would have my very own 109 a couple years later.

Do you like those big turn signals?

LaneRover
03-05-2008, 05:02 PM
Do you like those big turn signals?

Those look more like the Rover should have a big 'Follow Me' sign while it is driven around the Montevido airport!

highmile
03-05-2008, 05:31 PM
It would have been pretty cool to meet the owner of this truck, but I doubt I would have been able to communicate much with my limited Spanish. I would have just looked like some silly American making a lot of hand gestures and foreign sounds with the occasional "Land Rover" word that maybe the guy would understand.

Most of the cars down there were little European economy cars. There were very few cars, if any, that I would have recognized from the states. The folks we were helping out and staying with down there had a big diesel Suburban that was donated to them from somebody in the U.S. People would stop and stare when that huge, by Uruguayan standards anyway, foreign Suburban would fly by them.