PDA

View Full Version : Help! Missing series III

Roachcat
03-06-2008, 10:55 AM
I don't know if anyone out there has any information or any ideas but... I just had a 1979 series III shipped here from England and it has disappeared from the customs storage lot in Baltimore. They are currently looking for it and the police have been notified (my lawyer has been contacted as well). If anyone has any information about a shady parts place or a '79 that has suddenly come up for sale or if you have any ideas about what we may be able to do please let me know. Days away from my dream car and POOF it's gone. I'm heartbroken.

galen216
03-06-2008, 11:59 AM
Do you have any pictures in case in pops up on Ebay or some other place?

Hope you find it.

S11A
03-06-2008, 12:10 PM
Best wishes on recovering it.

Galen - good thinking on the photos. Roachcat - Was there a link to the ad, auction, or other source you can show us on the web?

yorker
03-06-2008, 12:41 PM
Get us some pics or something so we know what we are looking for- they all sort of look the same. ;)

gambrinus
03-06-2008, 12:55 PM
Shippers insurance should cover you. If you didn't sign your bill of lading, it was still the shippers problem.

WR

thixon
03-06-2008, 02:03 PM
Gambrinus is a smart man. If you hav'nt signed the ocean bills, the ship line still has possesion. Who was the ship line?

Roachcat
03-06-2008, 03:12 PM
I have some photos but I am having difficulty getting them attached to the forum, I'm a bit technologically challenged. The good thing is that the holding yard has admitted full responsibility for the problem, the bad thing is that it took me two years to find the right Rover and get it shipped here. I doubt I will be compensated for my time and effort. I will keep trying to get those photos posted but it looks like pretty much every other faded green 109 safari wagon. Thanks for your replies.

I Leak Oil
03-06-2008, 04:32 PM
Post up the VIN on as many rover related boards as you can. I'm sure many of us would be willing to keep an eye out for it....That sucks....
Jason T.

TSR53
03-06-2008, 05:01 PM
I have some photos but I am having difficulty getting them attached to the forum... Glad to you help with the photos - email sent.