PDA

View Full Version : bearmach performance 2.25 header and exhaust

ctrover
03-09-2008, 08:32 AM
I just ordered a Bearmach peformance stainless exhaust with tubular header from mm4x4 in the uk.Anybody got one of these setups on their rig?Or something simuliar?My manifold is starting to leak so I thought this was a good setup.Price was around $450 usa.Thanks for any input:thumb-up:

msggunny
03-09-2008, 10:07 AM
I just ordered a Bearmach peformance stainless exhaust with tubular header from mm4x4 in the uk.Anybody got one of these setups on their rig?Or something simuliar?My manifold is starting to leak so I thought this was a good setup.Price was around $450 usa.Thanks for any input:thumb-up:

Pictures or link please!

I have a header on mine, look up some of my posts. Im not the only one out there.

I have heard lots of people saying that they arent worth it, but i think any and every mod that will unlock even 1 hp out of the little 4banger is good.

ctrover
03-09-2008, 10:48 AM
I have 2 freeflow mufflers I hooked up behind my stock manifold right now that I picked up at an auto parts store with some "bendy" pipe.Works real well and gave the series a better throttle response.I plan on keeping my series for a long time so I thought the stainless system with header was a good choice.Its says its a "sports"exhaust so I m hoping its not too much louder than a stock exhaust.I dont enjoy the sound that comes out of those jap sport mufflers that are buzzing around town.Anyways Im still waiting confirmation on my order and a shipping quote from the UK. If its really high Im not gonna get it.

Tim Smith
03-10-2008, 02:55 PM
I wonder if you can get a stock exhaust system connected through that header. I've got the NRP stainless setup through our hosts and I gotta say, it works a treat. Other than fitting issues, that I think are due to the truck being the slightly odd lightweight, I'm still happy with it. The rear rubber shackles just keep ripping so now it's just wired up in the back. So far so good.

The NRP system seems to let it breath a bit better but it's still being restricted at the header. Thats why I'm wondering.

msggunny
03-11-2008, 09:17 AM
I wonder if you can get a stock exhaust system connected through that header. I've got the NRP stainless setup through our hosts and I gotta say, it works a treat. Other than fitting issues, that I think are due to the truck being the slightly odd lightweight, I'm still happy with it. The rear rubber shackles just keep ripping so now it's just wired up in the back. So far so good.

The NRP system seems to let it breath a bit better but it's still being restricted at the header. Thats why I'm wondering.

Any decent muffler shop should be able to do it.

Tim Smith
03-11-2008, 10:29 AM
Any decent muffler shop should be able to do it.
I have yet in my entire life been able to find a decent muffler shop. All I can find are shops that will look it up in the book and then tell me that they don't have it listed.

I hear this a lot. Am I looking at the wrong kind of shops?

If I could bend pipe, I'd do it myself.

yorker
03-11-2008, 10:58 AM
http://forum.landrovernet.com/showthread.php?t=108725

There is a post there on this system

yorker
03-11-2008, 10:59 AM
I have yet in my entire life been able to find a decent muffler shop. All I can find are shops that will look it up in the book and then tell me that they don't have it listed.

I hear this a lot. Am I looking at the wrong kind of shops?

If I could bend pipe, I'd do it myself.

You are looking at the wrong shops I guess- We have a guy locally who will make you whatever you want from scratch- he usually has a 2+ week wait but is worth it.

ctrover
03-11-2008, 04:06 PM
thanks for that link yorker.It answered a lot of my questions.I might pass on the sports exhaust system-still waiting to hear for a shipping quote.

ctrover
03-12-2008, 07:27 AM
shipping was $200 so I passed on the exhaust.Still somewhat a good deal but I gotta relax for the time being on buying big stuff for the rover.Although there is a custom series 2a header on ebay right now.

NC Rover
03-12-2008, 09:24 AM
I currently have headers on mine...just not sure what kind. I had an extra set that came with the vehicle and am now letting those go.