PDA

View Full Version : Wiring Questions

WILLYSMB
03-10-2008, 08:03 AM
Wiring a flasher harness, :confused: it just plugs in to main harness, what are the other wires that extend out of it for, i didn't take a picture of this before i rewired. there is extra wires and I can't figure out what they are for? 2 brown 1 green 1 lite green, green yellow and black??

Also is the horn suppose to work only when you turn the key to on or is suppose to beep without turning the key???

Thanks Mart

S11A
03-10-2008, 08:15 AM
Here is a link to the diagrams:

http://www.series123.com/repairs_W.html

Hopefully you can find the one you need - sorry, I don't know which model you have or I would have sent a specific diagram.

WILLYSMB
03-10-2008, 10:05 AM
I have a 1972 Land Rover Series III USA Model 88" Oil Pressure Gauge and Flasher switch with Cig Lighter.

greenmeanie
03-10-2008, 03:13 PM
2 brown - Battery power. Cig lighter & flasher unit.
1 green - Accessory power fused via ignition switch. Probably the power feed to the voltage stabilizer.
1 lite green, - Power from voltage stabilizer to instrument.This will go to the oil pressure gauge.
green yellow - Power from switch to heater motor
and black?? - Earth

Also is the horn suppose to work only when you turn the key to on or is suppose to beep without turning the key???

Horn operates without the key.

Cheers
Gregor

WILLYSMB
03-11-2008, 08:24 AM
THANK YOU, GUYS I'LL WORK THROUGH IT AND LET YOU ALL KNOW HOW IT TURNS OUT:D

MARSHALL

greenmeanie
03-11-2008, 08:45 AM
Marshall,
I know it's been said before but it's worth repeating here. A useful trick when working with a wiring harness you are not 100% sure of is to power it up using a battery charger on a 2Amp setting rather than just hooking it to the battery. The 2A is fairly benign but gives you a signal to test your set up without melting stuff.

Cheers
Gregor

WILLYSMB
03-11-2008, 09:55 AM
I have a charger but i don't see a 2amp setting just 6-volt or 12-volt:) also how many flasher units are suppose to be on the truck I have??? 1972 series 3 usa model. should there be one flasher unit for the turn signals and one flasher unit for the four-way flasher or hazards :confused:

thanks guys