PDA

View Full Version : '79 Series III Found!

Roachcat
03-10-2008, 08:30 PM
I want to thank everyone who replied to my posting for their help. It seems the customs holding yard was to blame for the disappearance. They had my Rover hauled off claiming it was sitting there unclaimed for two years. The problem is that it had not even been there two weeks, when they hauled it off all the paperwork had not even been cleared by customs. The may have mistaken it for a '73 that had been there a while but who knows. We got so many stories.
If you know anyone importing a car into the US advise them to keep on top of what is going on with it. If they end up having their vehicle "misplaced" have them contact the police and a lawyer immediately. All we got was the runaround until the Baltimore PD and our lawyer called the yard. Amazingly within hours they figured out what happened and recovered our car. I'm looking forward to "chatting" with you all during the restoration. Thanks again!:thumb-up:

greenmeanie
03-10-2008, 11:58 PM
Whne I brought my 101 over I had heard all kinds of horror stories involving Ro-ro. Everything from blown clutches, dents dings and damage to a bent chassis because somebody decided to use a 101 with winch to move something WAY too heavy and the winch clutch had not been set properly.

I felt it worth paying the extra to box her up safely in a container. Of course then I started reading the statistics of how many containers are lost overboard each year so I had an uncomfortable month or so while she was afloat.

All went well in the end but I also paid a good shipping compay to take the hassle out of the move. Well worth the money if you ask me.

Cheers
Gregor

galen216
03-11-2008, 07:05 AM
Good to hear it ended well.

Let's hear more about that abandoned '73......

Roachcat, do you live near Baltimore?

scatterling
03-11-2008, 04:37 PM
Galen!? :nono: ... ANOTHER truck? :D

Roachcat, congrats on finding your truck

Bostonian1976
03-11-2008, 05:09 PM
Galen!? :nono: ... ANOTHER truck? :D

Roachcat, congrats on finding your truck

hehe - feed the addiction.

Galen, did you get my truck's twin yet? (the blue sw)