PDA

View Full Version : Wiring question

Tdi Guy
12-02-2006, 03:06 PM
Just installed a new harness in my IIa and When I put the directionals on they do not blink they just hold a solid ON... would that be the flasher unit or doid I mis wire something? Also wired in is the Late IIa hazzard switch setup

Dan Dixon
12-02-2006, 05:26 PM
try a different flasher unit if you do have current going to it. I know that's kinda a duh, but I had flasher issues when I wired for a trailer. The normal thermal type flashers require load (not too little, not too much) to function. When I increased load, (trailer lights) they kinda stuttered. (If memory serves) It was solved with an electronic flasher unit that is not dependant on load to function properly. Are your tails and front signals holding on when you make the circuit or just the indicators in the dash panel? Double check your hazard wiring and how it ties in with the rest of the circuit.

HabDaddy
12-02-2006, 08:13 PM
Check the flasher unit but also your grounds. A bad ground can lead to all types of weird things happening.

Tdi Guy
12-02-2006, 08:32 PM
I will have to check all the wiring and grounds as per my diagram. I will also pick up a new flasher unit to see what the deal is here.