PDA

View Full Version : 109 NADA Registry

Pages : 1 [2] 3

kenfischer
08-17-2010, 11:47 PM
Change in plans prompts sale of NADA 109SW #302. Located in Portland, OR. The truck is an excellent restoration candidate. It is fairly complete and has a Chevy 250 conversion. It need to be taken apart, painted, and put back together. All the usual stuff like brakes, fuel systems, and wiring need to be addressed. And it needs an interior. A new back door wouldn't hurt. Corrosion in the usual spots, firewall, doors, and pillars, exists, but is minimal - all can be easily restored.

Lots of pictures at this web site:

http://web.mac.com/ksfischer/iWeb/LandRover/109SW.html

Ask questions and I can take more pictures.

Asking $4500.

A restored frame is also available in Paso Robles, CA, for $1000.

Ken Fischer
ksfischer@mac.com

Price reduced to $3500. This is a great project truck. Add the frame for an even better project.

Lots of pictures:
http://web.mac.com/ksfischer/iWeb/LandRover/109SW.html

Ken Fischer
ksfischer@mac.com

patrickfoley1
10-21-2010, 04:53 PM
Pete; I have not received correspondence from you in months. I have found a company in the UK that is very knowledgeable with regards to the 2.6L engine. He can provide many many parts for the Weslake Head Engine. If you or anyone else wants that source email me and I'll provide the particulars. He is apparently elderly and does not always reply promptly, but he does reply. He has provided parts that I had given up trying to locate.
patrickfoley1 (redbrush2@yahoo.com)

Ray
11-11-2010, 01:58 PM
I've got 34300428A here in Hope, Maine. Petrol, Limestone- Bought as donor vehicle, but it's kinda growing on me.
Ray

patrickfoley1
11-12-2010, 08:46 AM
I've got 34300428A here in Hope, Maine. Petrol, Limestone- Bought as donor vehicle, but it's kinda growing on me.
Ray
Good Morning Ray; According to records I downloaded several years ago, your unit began production 7 November 1966 and was finished 22 November 1966. It was Limestone and was dispatched to Rover Jacksonville. Does it still have the 2.6L Engine? If so, I can provide parts sources for just about everything.

Jim Chandler Bethel, OH redbrush2@yahoo.com (patrickfoley1)

Ray
11-12-2010, 04:50 PM
Thanks Jim. I've seen the dispatch info....believe it spent it's life in the Key West and was rode hard and put away wet. Good to know someone who has a line on parts for this. It does still have the 6 cyl, but it won't turn over and I haven't torn into it (yet).

I'll keep my eyes on this thread for inspiration!

Ray

patrickfoley1
11-13-2010, 08:08 AM
Good Morning Ray;
I am not a mechanic, but have hired a local company that specializes in the restoration of Antique Farm machinery. I purchased "Clarence" new in early 1968. The engine blew in 1975. I pulled the engine and put it in a less than weather proof shed.

The engine had to be completely rebuilt, including building up rusted out spots by welding. The cylinders have new liners and new pistons. The engine runs, now.

I purchased Rover P4 110 workshop manuals and parts manuals. They show up periodically on eBay UK. I have registered at that site, and have several "Automatic Searches" in play that cover the P4 110. I suggest you do the same. That is how I found "Beechgrove Engineering"/Classeparts and Alan, the expert on our engine.

Be advised, the P4 110 engine came in both a 2.6 and 3.0 displacement. Not all of the parts are interchangeable. The Parts Catalogue published for our NADA shows the same pages that appear in the P4 110 Rover Parts Catalogue.

Should you wish, I'll be happy to scan the appropriate Workshop Manual Pages into my computer and send them attached to emails in pdf format. I have the NADA Parts Catalogue in my computer and can send any or all pages in pdf attached to eMails.

I am committed to keeping 2.6L engines in the Unit's that presently have them. That is the reason I offer the above services to any and all.

Jim Chandler (patrickfoley1) redbrush2@yahoo.com

fred98050
11-22-2010, 02:03 AM
Hi,

Just got a 109 a few weeks back. The chassis vin # is 164001203. Looks like it was Marine blue originally but I don't know much more about it....

Here is a picture of today's look:

Thank you

Frederic

patrickfoley1
11-23-2010, 03:08 PM
Hi,

Just got a 109 a few weeks back. The chassis vin # is 164001203. Looks like it was Marine blue originally but I don't know much more about it....

Here is a picture of today's look:

Thank you

Frederic
Hi Fred; The lowest Series IIA Vehicle Number shown in my 1987 Parts Catalogue is 24100001A That was (is) a RHD 88. The Vehicle Numbers in the Parts Catalogue all are 8 numbers with a letter Suffix A, B, C, or D. I suspect that your Vehicle Number has been damaged and now reads 164001203. I suspect the number should read "26400120B" This would be a LHD Export Model 109 SW with a 4 cylinder 2.25 L Engine.
Best Regards,
Jim Chandler (patrickfoley1) redbrush2@yahoo.com

fred98050
12-01-2010, 06:16 PM
Thank you Jim.

scottlong
01-02-2011, 05:54 PM
Hi All
If this isn't the proper area then I apologize. I have a 2.6 109, not a NADA. though. Is there a list of differences b/w the 2.25 and 2.6 besides the obvious engine bits? I am in need of a chassis and noticed that our host lists a specific chassis for a 6cyl 109 station wagon). Mine is a p/up, not sure what makes the sw different? Does the green bible cover the 2.6 in detail or is there another book for it?

thanks

Cutter
01-02-2011, 07:14 PM
The frame is different as the engine is longer, I'm not sure the specifics. I believe the station wagon and puckup frame are the same, though i could be wrong. I know my frame has extra cross members that appear to line up with the back doors. The green bible has very good coverage of the 2.6, about the only place actually.

patrickfoley1
01-03-2011, 08:48 AM
If the "Green Bible" you reference is AKM8159 Edition 1, it does not cover the Weslake Head Engine that the NADA 109 Units have. It should be valid for most mechanical and structural aspects of the 2.6L 109's. The NADA Wiring Harness is different in that the NADA Battery is under the Drivers Seat, but I believe the other 2.6's have their battery under the Bonnet. The best source of information concerning the Weslake Head Engine is a Rover Workshop Manual. The Green Bible covers the 7:1 and 7.8:1 engines. The NADA Engine is 8.8:1. If I can be of any help, I have most of the manuals and parts lists that cover the NADA Version, as well as the non-NADA 2.6 engines out there. patrickfoley1 (redbrush2@yahoo.com)

scottlong
01-03-2011, 04:33 PM
Thanks! I have a standard 2.6, although the battery is under the seat? Theres a bunch of oddball aspects to my p-up, so I'll add it to the list. If there is any literature specific to the 2.6, besides the green book, I'd appreciate any sources for it.
8.8:1, it must be a noticable power boost. Is the combustion chamber much different in shape?

Roverlab
01-03-2011, 05:34 PM
#249 was a movie car. Used in War of the Worlds, Jarhead, and Bucketlist; tv shows such as Grey's Anatomy and The Unit. From the Bucketlist movie, the hole in the roof over the rear seat floor that was cut in for Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman to stand through during the safari segment of the movie, still has the reinforcing 1" square tubing welded in place as well as the sealant applied to when the cut out was refitted. Originally Marine Blue and now a nice flat tan. Derek Dilks of Harrisburg, PA owned the car for the last 3 years and will soon be delivered to it's new owner. I have a lot of pix, but hopefully it will leave my shop in the next week or so after we tidy up a few things for East Coast use. Like heat and demist.

Thanks!

Trevor

patrickfoley1
01-04-2011, 07:52 AM
The bhp on the 7.8:1 is reported at 93 or 95 depending on the source. The 8.8:1 is reported to be 123. Land Rover was trying to provide a unit that could comfortably travel at Interstate Speeds which at that time was as high as "Unlimited" in some western states. From personal experience I can report that even though the overdrive had yet to be offered, Clarence could run at 75 MPH. Gas mileage was a different matter. You could purchase 2 US Luxury Auto's with money left over, for what I paid for Clarence. I'm driving over to Loogootee, IN. this morning to visit my wife's grave. I'll return tomorrow afternoon. I'll try to respond to the other aspects of your thread Thursday. patrickfoley1-redbrush2@yahoo.com- Jim Chandler

ckuhtz
01-25-2011, 11:37 AM
Hey guys,

I have owned #78 since early 2005. She was an almost completely original unmolested truck and was subsequently disassembled down to the frame. She's almost completely in parts, save engine, drive train.

Well, that's where things stopped as I've gotten too busy with two young kids and work to make any progress on it in the last couple of years and wife's advocating that we sell it. I've finally given in and she's on the block for $2K.

Frame is repairable, needs front horns and rear crossmember & extension (spring mounts are good). Axles have been stripped to metal with wirewheels, inside look in great shape. Engine is original and not seized. Fluids were filtered when they came out years ago and no debris was found. Body is straight, only damage is an unfortunate tow truck @#%& accident when I bought it and was gently winched into a tree (don't get me started) which put a crease in the front top of the left wing. The outside panel and inside is fine, the round bit needs an aluminum sheet fitted. -- the bumper took the force of the impact. Rest of body is in great shape. T-posts were toast when I got her. Bulkhead needs new footwells and door posts, but is solid otherwise.

Anyway, I have hundreds of pictures from the disassembly as I documented the original truck and then every step of the disassembly. I have the supplements for the NADA 2.6l 6cyl engine, and bunch of other bits and pieces.

Email christian@kuhtz.com or call 404-435-5389 if interested.

Best regards,
Christian

fruitpunch
01-25-2011, 01:31 PM
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/2175317247.html

AU_88
01-25-2011, 04:04 PM
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/2175317247.html

That is the post above yours.

Christian, if you have the truck for a little bit, I may be interested in it this summer.

patrickfoley1
01-26-2011, 08:41 AM
That is the post above yours.

Christian, if you have the truck for a little bit, I may be interested in it this summer.
Good Morning Christian;
Have you and your Bride given any thought to using the reconstruction of old #78 as a "Learning Experience" for your Offspring? All youngsters should learn to work with their hands and a Land Rover provides a great opportunity to learn how to use hand tools, and to learn how to read manuals. It appears from your description that #78 is an excellent opportunity. When they are older they will be able to enjoy the benefits of Series Land Rover Ownership.

patrickfoley1 Bethel, OH

patrickfoley1
01-26-2011, 08:55 AM
Thanks! I have a standard 2.6, although the battery is under the seat? Theres a bunch of oddball aspects to my p-up, so I'll add it to the list. If there is any literature specific to the 2.6, besides the green book, I'd appreciate any sources for it.
8.8:1, it must be a noticable power boost. Is the combustion chamber much different in shape?
I was mistaken about other 2.6 L Engine Units having their Batteries under the Bonnet. I did some research and it appears that all had their Batteries under the seat. I am not sure if the location was always under the Drivers Seat.

Below is a direct Quote from the Parts Catalogue that was printed for the NADA.

CHASSIS FRAME
Number 4 crossmember moved back 3t". Scrolls for hand brake relay moved back. Revised exhaust brackets. Additional mounting brackets for fuel pump and fuel filter. 'Battery' platform revised to act as a mounting for the servo unit. New engine mounting brackets.

The Weslake Head creates a different combustion chamber. There are a variety of Pistons for the 2.6 Rover Engine. The 2.6 L was produced for a number of years. Some of the Blocks can be equipped with the Weslake, but not all. My UK Rover Parts Source has explained to me which ones can be so equipped and which ones cannot.
patrickfoley1 (Jim Chandler) Bethel, OH

patrickfoley1
01-30-2011, 10:36 PM
I have the 2.6 NADA Parts Catalogue that was published in 1966, in pdf. I can attach pages to emails if that will be of any help. I also have the Shop Manual for the Rover P4 110 Engine. I have not uploaded it but will do so if you or any other restorer wants access to it.

New Subject: Pegasus, UK has started production of Series Bulkheads. They have established Land Rover Salvage, Madoc Ontario, Canada as their Dealer on this side of the Pond. The First production run is for Series II & IIA 2.25L. A very limited run for the Bulkhead used in the 2.6L NADA will start shortly. If you need a Bulkhead for either Model, I recommend you take steps to get on the waiting list. I have been waiting a year.

patrickfoley1
02-05-2011, 11:20 AM
I don't have access to the "standard" 6 cyl, 2.6 L head so I cannot compare. I have photo's of the Weslake Head in my computer, and can send them to you attached to an email if you send me one. redbrush2@yahoo.com. I had the good fortune to find a Weslake Head on Craig's List and purchased it. It is in excellent condition. Old entries on the Web, dating from the mid-90's indicate that warping heads was a problem. I also had the good fortune to find a UK Rover P4 110 owner who had purchased Pistons, and many "Wear Item Peripherals, in anticipation of rebuilding the unit. He subsequently changed his mind and I purchased the entire package from him.

If you or anyone else wants copies of pages from my Part's Catalogues, or Shop Manuals send me an email and explain what you need and I'll locate the pages and upload and send them out.

ckuhtz
02-05-2011, 12:04 PM
Hey guys,

#78 has been sold to a new owner who is planning on restoring her. More later.

Best regards,
Christian

PS: thanks for all the kind notes. there just aren't enough hours in the day with everything going on.

rover109
02-07-2011, 06:45 PM
Hello

Just recently found your forum.

I've been a rover guy since the 70's

I own 1967 109 NADA 649

Bought it from Zagata FWD Center Califon NJ in Jan. 1978
38k original miles frame up restoration over the years.

1967 109 5D SW
1972 88 sold
1991 Range Rover sold
1998 Range Rover

patrickfoley1
03-08-2011, 09:21 AM
The British Northwest Land-Rover Company Is offering The NADA Parts Catalogue and The NADA Shop Manual Supplement. Both are offered as New. Over the past few years I have forwarded pages from the former to members who needed them.

I was unaware of the existence of the Shop Manual Supplement. It was not offered to me when I purchased Clarence in 1968. They are offered at approximately $40.00 each.

I have ordered the Shop Manual. My "B" Posts have arrived. I am waiting for Paul Halley to produce my Bulkhead. He appears to have experienced every conceivable manufacturing road block. I fear it will make him old before his time.

If you are serious about restoring and maintaining your unit I recommend that you acquire both publications.

redbrush2@yahoo.com

ECR
03-14-2011, 07:29 AM
Greetings, to update your registry.

The 109 you have listed as #278 is actually #298.
This is the Blue 109 that was owned by Jamie Thompson and has recently sold to a new owner that will be taking it to upstate NY.
Thanks.
:):)

http://www.ecrrox.com/tags/DSC05640.JPG

http://www.ecrrox.com/tags/DSC05644.JPG

TSR53
03-14-2011, 09:15 AM
Greetings, to update your registry.

The 109 you have listed as #278 is actually #298.
This is the Blue 109 that was owned by Jamie Thompson and has recently sold to a new owner that will be taking it to upstate NY.
Thanks.
:):)Updated.

TSR53
03-14-2011, 09:24 AM
Hello

Just recently found your forum.

I've been a rover guy since the 70's

I own 1967 109 NADA 649

Bought it from Zagata FWD Center Califon NJ in Jan. 1978
38k original miles frame up restoration over the years.

1967 109 5D SW
1972 88 sold
1991 Range Rover sold
1998 Range RoverWelcome to the registry! I've added your Land Rover to the first page listing. Working on updating the logos.

lrover109
05-19-2011, 03:00 PM
Can someone who has an original NADA 109 speedometer look on it to find the number printed on it ( in the middle on the right it is the revs per mile) and reply - having my non original fixed and calibrated and figure that it would be easier to give them the spec # rather than measure and roll

patrickfoley1
05-27-2011, 08:43 AM
Can someone who has an original NADA 109 speedometer look on it to find the number printed on it ( in the middle on the right it is the revs per mile) and reply - having my non original fixed and calibrated and figure that it would be easier to give them the spec # rather than measure and roll
I just read the request you made 8 days ago. We are in the midst of a 6 year ground up restoration. I had my Original Speedometer restored by British Pacific a year ago. We are held up awaiting the new Bulkhead from Pegasus. I thought I could immediately lay my hands upon it, but discovered it is not where my parts inventory list indicates I put it.

Before I start a search for it I thought it prudent for me to check with you and insure you still need the information you requested..
Jim Chandler (redbrush2@yahoo.com) (patrickfoley1)

lrover109
05-30-2011, 10:50 PM
I had sent it to nisonger and in talking with the boys at RN on Friday they said it was prob a 1408... a dash to my reality as a PO had replacced it with a later 88 speedometer so it was always displaying speeds that were faster than actual
AM

patrickfoley1
05-31-2011, 11:29 AM
I did not go looking for my Speedometer, but did look it up in my NADA Parts Catalogue. The Part Number is 559159. It is a Smith SN3391-03. The Catalogue indicates that this speedometer had not been used in prior 109's.
Jim (patrickfoley1) Chandler

I went to my April 1987 Parts Catalogue for the Series IIA and looked up 559159. It is shown on Page 2D 11 with the notation "2.6L Petrol Models". If my memory serves me correctly the top speed shown on Clarence's Speedometer is 90 MPH. I hope this helps.

Jim

zephyr
07-14-2011, 07:00 PM
Hi there,

I have #34300318! It's in the shop right now in Livermore, CA at West Coast British. I'm moving to the UK and will be selling it out of Berkeley, CA. I'll update this post with the listing on craigslist.

thanks,
z

TSR53
07-15-2011, 08:59 AM
Hi there,

I have #34300318! It's in the shop right now in Livermore, CA at West Coast British. I'm moving to the UK and will be selling it out of Berkeley, CA. I'll update this post with the listing on craigslist.

thanks,
z
Thank you for checking in. I'll log the VIN in the registry on page one. Shucks, bugger you're selling. Good luck with the sale and please keep us in the loop to the new owner.

ps... great user name, "zephyr". I used to live up in Lake Tahoe and fished for trout in the evenings at the boat launch near Zephyr Cove.

1967IPA
07-25-2011, 12:04 AM
Well. What do we have here? It's #360 - currently being brought out of a decade-plus "hibernation" in Los Angeles. Nothing too crazy - just the simple hurdles of a Clayton Dewandre remote servo and a Ford 289 conversion - done relatively well, but not without the occasional steel band-aid. Going to have to sort those out...and there was the removal of a sink, LPG stove and piles of styrofoam! None of it had the Dormobile badge. It's going to be a fun one!
Cheers,
Michael D.

TSR53
07-25-2011, 10:06 AM
Well. What do we have here? It's #360 - currently being brought out of a decade-plus "hibernation" in Los Angeles. Nothing too crazy - just the simple hurdles of a Clayton Dewandre remote servo and a Ford 289 conversion - done relatively well, but not without the occasional steel band-aid. Going to have to sort those out...and there was the removal of a sink, LPG stove and piles of styrofoam! None of it had the Dormobile badge. It's going to be a fun one!
Cheers,
Michael D.
Welcome to the registry! I'll add you to the master list on the first page of this thread. WOW, I haven't seen Desert Dog's in a loooong time. Used to run a set myself. Although recaps, they ran really well. Your Land Rover 109 looks good, keep us posted on your progress.

rwollschlager
08-28-2011, 10:36 PM
this could also go in the rovers waiting to be rescued thread:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Land-Rover-LWB-Safari-Land-Rover-109-Series-II-Original-/220841105924?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item336b27da04#ht_500wt_1182

-Rob

drc123
10-04-2011, 01:36 PM
I have #719, located in Pinehurst, NC. Starting restoration.

also have a '66 5 door 109 that I drive around in.

TSR53
10-05-2011, 08:41 AM
I have #719, located in Pinehurst, NC. Starting restoration.

also have a '66 5 door 109 that I drive around in. Welcome to the registry! I'll try to get your information updated in the list on page one.

todd465
10-10-2011, 07:12 PM
Please add me to the registry. I'd like to hear from anyone with prior knowledge of this truck. (Originally red, repainted same color, found in Canton, OH). Now in Syracuse, NY.

TSR53
10-11-2011, 07:48 AM
Please add me to the registry. I'd like to hear from anyone with prior knowledge of this truck. (Originally red, repainted same color, found in Canton, OH). Now in Syracuse, NY.
Welcome! I'll try to get your details posted up soon. Please post photos if you can.

akedtg
10-18-2011, 01:56 AM
Hello

I have 229 currently under the knife.

Ed

todd465
10-18-2011, 07:01 PM
I've attached a couple of pictures. Id be interested to hear from anyone with prior knowledge about this truck. My experience with it has been just under a year. From what I can see - it's been well cared for and in great shape (inside and out).

MattR
10-21-2011, 11:34 AM
I have just registered with this sight. Just this last week I purchased my first land rovers. It was a package deal for 3 of them. One of them is a 1967 dormobile. It is #630 for the NADA registry. I was told that it was the one used in the movie Stand By Me. It is currently in pieces, with a good start on the restoration, galvinized frame etc. the dormobile is located in West Richland Washington

jumpmaster54
10-22-2011, 03:15 PM
I just bought 1967 Land Rover 109 w/ 6cylinder from Kevin Hiller. She is now under scrutiny by this new land rover owner that has been bitten by the Series bug real Bad. I love this thing. This site is awesome. Can you please update the Registry with

Stan Lyons in Sun Prairie, WI owner of #21 known as Harry. Fitting name because I am planning a restoration which is shapping up to be harry.

Stan
http://i373.photobucket.com/albums/oo179/jumpmaster54/LandRoverPics005.jpg

patrickfoley1
10-31-2011, 10:35 PM
Welcome new NADA Owners. I purchased 717 new from a Maryland Dealer in early 1968. Clarence is awaiting the arrival of a new Firewall from Paul Halley, Pegasus. It is scheduled to ship mid-December. We began collecting parts for a ground up Restoration in 2005. Clarence blew his engine in mid-'75 and sat under a tree for 30 years. If a part wasn't made of aluminum, it was seriously corroded when we began.

I have developed sources for most parts, and have NADA Engine Parts and Repair Manuals as well as NADA miscellaneous Parts and Repair Manuals. Some are in my computer and those that aren't can be scanned into my computer should the need arise.

If I can be of any help please don't hesitate to ask. email is the best means of communication. redbrush2@yahoo.com is my address.

Jim Chandler-Bethel, OH (patrickfoley1)

TSR53
11-01-2011, 08:57 AM
I just bought 1967 Land Rover 109 w/ 6cylinder from Kevin Hiller. She is now under scrutiny by this new land rover owner that has been bitten by the Series bug real Bad. I love this thing. This site is awesome. Can you please update the Registry with

Stan Lyons in Sun Prairie, WI owner of #21 known as Harry. Fitting name because I am planning a restoration which is shapping up to be harry.

Stan
http://i373.photobucket.com/albums/oo179/jumpmaster54/LandRoverPics005.jpgLooks great! Welcome to the NADA registry. I'll try to get the listings updated, this week.

patrickfoley1
11-01-2011, 09:37 AM
Good Morning Stan; You did not request this information but I thought it might be of interest. According to the Production Records I downloaded 6-7 years ago, 21 began production 31 March 1966, and finished production 21 April 1966. It was painted Light Green and shipped with 19, 20, 22, 23, to Rover Chicago.

Best Regards,

Jim Chandler, Bethel, OH (patrickfoley1)

patrickfoley1
11-01-2011, 09:45 AM
Good Morning Todd;

According to my copy of the Production Records, 465 began Production on 21 October 1966 and was completed 11 November 1966. It was painted Red. It was shipped with 464, also Red, to Rover, Vancouver.

Best Regards,

Jim Chandler, Bethel, OH (patrickfoley1)

patrickfoley1
11-01-2011, 10:05 AM
Good Morning Matt;

You did not request the following information but I thought you might find it of interest. 630 began Production 28 April 1967 and completed Production 23 June 1967. It was painted Light Green. It was shipped to HDO Pezzi, Oregon, USA. It appears from the overall Production Records that HDO indicates a facility that converted the units to the dormobile configuration.

Best Regards,
Jim Chandler- Bethel, OH (patrickfoley1)

greenmeanie
11-01-2011, 01:47 PM
I have developed sources for most parts, and have NADA Engine Parts and Repair Manuals as well as NADA miscellaneous Parts and Repair Manuals. Some are in my computer and those that aren't can be scanned into my computer should the need arise.

If I can be of any help please don't hesitate to ask. email is the best means of communication. redbrush2@yahoo.com is my address.

Jim,
Here is an odd request. Do you, or anyone else for that matter, have an owners manual for the NADA 109 quoting the power of the NADA spec engine. I'd also be interested to know if there was ever any emissions data on these trucks. I suspect even the California requirement would work if one existed for a 1967.

Its odd but I have strange needs.

TSR53
11-01-2011, 03:25 PM
Land Rover Ltd publication part no. LSM 64 IM list on page 73

Engine, 6-cylinder Petrol models (I'm going to assume this is RoW and not NADA).

BHP
95 (71.0 kW) at 4,500 rpm

Maximum torque
18,5 mkg (134 lb/ft) at 1,750 rpm

The February, 1967 Four Wheeler Mag PDF issue (link on page one of the registry) lists on pg 18 the following.

Engine
Compression ratio: 8.8 to 1
Horsepower: 123 @ 5000 rpm
Torque: 142 @ 2500 rpm

greenmeanie
11-01-2011, 03:52 PM
Aye I need a Land Rover publication with the NADA figures. Bureaucrats need to be satisfied you and nothing that's not from the horse's mouth will be accepted I think.

I think I am right saying the answer to emissions is 'Yes it does doesn't it.'

patrickfoley1
11-03-2011, 03:21 PM
Hi Greenmeanie;
Our friend Thompson S provided you with:
Engine
Compression ratio: 8.8 to 1
Horsepower: 123 @ 5000 rpm
Torque: 142 @ 2500 rpm
This is the information contained in my Owners Manual. I was given to understand that it was the establishment of Emission Standards effective 1 January 1968 that ended the NADA 109. I do not believe there were standards in 1967. Production records indicate a number of units shipped to individuals in California during 1967.

I don't log on to this site daily, that is why I provide my email address.

Jim Chandler

patrickfoley1
11-03-2011, 03:33 PM
Hi Stan; The round mirrors, starboard a fisheye, originally fit on the wings where the colored reflectors are mounted in your photo. The Idea was to avoid projections that could be knocked off going through the "Bush". On flat terrain, if the front cleared, the unit would clear, barring projecting tree branches. Good luck if you start looking for steps The last set of 5 I saw offered was asking $1500. Your unit appears to be in good shape.

Jim Chandler.

jumpmaster54
11-04-2011, 02:25 PM
I just looked at the 109 NADA REgistry and I know that 2.6 engine parts are harder to come by, but there seems to be very little original 1967 109 NADA with the 2.6 engine still in tact.

Why is that? Just the rarity of 2.6 engine rebuild parts? Was the 2.6 a bad engine?

Stan

patrickfoley1
11-05-2011, 09:34 AM
Hi Stan;

The engine was/is a simple, solid design that had evolved at Rover over a period of 10 or more years. At the time it has placed in the NADA Rover had started to put a 3.0L version in their sedans.

The 2.6 manual calls for the use of 91 octane fuel, yet there was a "sticker" at the fill port indicating not to use fuel less than 86 octane. I suspect that the use of lower octane fuels due to that label may have caused problems.

According to a Road Test Article I have for this engine, used in the 3000 lb. Sedan, this engine could push the Sedan at speeds of 100 mph, over a lengthy period of time with premium fuel.

Parts were always difficult to find because not that many Rover 110's were imported into the US, and perhaps only 700 of the NADA Land Rover. The removal of leaded fuel from the marketplace also put a strain on the valves.

For it's time this was a high performance engine. 2.6 L/160 cu. in. pushing a 3000 lb. vehicle at 100 mph.

While Clarence was parked, I did not pay attention to the trials and tribulations of Land Rover. I know that our anti-pollution laws effective January 1968 could not be met by this engine, and frankly, there is no room under the bonnet for any pollution control system.

I suspect that in 1966 Rover had an inventory of these discontinued engines, and responding to a U.S. Demand for a faster 109 to travel on the Interstates, decided to install that inventory in the NADA.

As the NADA engines needed overhaul it was more convenient to yank it out and put a 3.0 L or larger Chevy Engine in it's place. For a few years at least one California Shop manufactured and sold a conversion kit.

At the time I purchased Clarence I was unaware of the scarcity of the engine, and the fact that it had been discontinued. The rarity of the NADA did not become known to me until 2005 when I began to take steps to resurrect Clarence.

The reason that I offer to help 2.6 L owners is to help them maintain their NADA Engines. Incidentally, if you begin to research the 2.6L, you will discover that there were at least 2 less powerful versions installed in 109's and sold all over the world. The difference being the Weslake Head.

As I have indicated I have developed sources for most it the parts for the NADA Engine. I have acquired "spares" in many cases. If I can help, just ask.

Jim Chandler-Bethel, OH

jumpmaster54
11-05-2011, 10:54 AM
Jim,

I aim to keep my drive train all original. I like that my 109 is a low number and that it is all still intact. I need to do some small repairs to what the original owner did like a serious amount of trailer lights, must have wanted a semi truck. I just got all new grey elephant hide interior and found an original bench middle seat. I actually found the exact one that was remove from my 109 25 years ago and acquired it to put back in my 109.

I do hear a small squeek when I put it in 3rd gear and think maybe the clutch is slipping? Not sure though.

Stan

patrickfoley1
11-08-2011, 04:04 PM
If I can be of any help, just holler.

Jim Chandler
Bethel, OH

akedtg
11-09-2011, 04:17 AM
I found another NADA it used to be poppy red but is now a dark non original blue color. I will try and get more info on it and get the guy to register here.

Ed

MattR
11-09-2011, 02:14 PM
Thanks for the information. Currently I am working on a 1964 88, and it is almost done. Once it is done I will be starting on my dormobile.
Good Morning Matt;

You did not request the following information but I thought you might find it of interest. 630 began Production 28 April 1967 and completed Production 23 June 1967. It was painted Light Green. It was shipped to HDO Pezzi, Oregon, USA. It appears from the overall Production Records that HDO indicates a facility that converted the units to the dormobile configuration.

Best Regards,
Jim Chandler- Bethel, OH (patrickfoley1)

patrickfoley1
11-10-2011, 08:57 AM
I can't remember how to start a new thread so I am adding related Engine Part Information here..6 Stainless Steel Exhaust Valves for the 110 are at auction on ebay. The auction ends in February. If you can't find it, email me at redbrush2@yahoo.com and I'll direct you to it. The last time I saw exhaust valves offered I believe they went for an arm and a leg. Jim Chandler

At auction on ebay UK is a used 2.6 L engine that is the same model as used in the NADA. It comes with the 110 Sedan Gearbox, which is not the same as that used in the Land Rover. The auction ends 19 November.

If money wasn't tight, I would probably try to purchase it as a "backup". If anyone is interested, and can't find the listing, email me @ redbrush2@yahoo.com and I'll pass it along as an attachment.

Jim Chandler (patrickfoley1)

TSR53
11-11-2011, 11:56 AM
Registry has been updated.

oldnorthstate
03-06-2012, 02:12 PM
Hello gentlemen,
I have recently aquired #520 from a gentelmen in New Mexico. She is currently undergoing a rolling restoration. She has the original engine with 73,000 original miles. I believe I am the third owner.

Scott Goforth

patrickfoley1
03-09-2012, 10:47 PM
If I can be of any help, don't hesitate to ask.
Jim Chandler [email]redbrush2@yahoo.com

tjkenny
03-16-2012, 04:35 PM
I just recently bought #34300018A, saw this forum, and wanted to share. It's currently in Saint Robert, MO and not running. But I hope to have that fixed soon. Thanks for starting this thread. Good to have contact with others working on the same unique vehicles.

patrickfoley1
03-17-2012, 05:28 PM
Welcome aboard. According to the Production Records I downloaded years ago 18 began production 1 April 1966 and was completed 14 April. It was painted Marine Blue and shipped to Rover Houston.
Jim Chandler (redbrush2@yahoo.com)

cheetahcraig
03-27-2012, 01:07 PM
Hi everyone,
I'm Craig and I have NADA #147. I am in Elyria, OH which is a western suburb of Cleveland. I found the rover in Cuyahoga Falls, OH and the title shows March of 1973 from Seville, OH. Rory O'Neil owned it. So I am possibly the third owner.

I have the original drivetrain - 6 cyl, trans, transfer case, etc. The engine does not run and I disassembled it. The pistons are stuck (stored with the head off).

I might be interested in selling the drivetrain if someone needs a spare for their NADA.

I restore Corvettes for a living so I know the collectors will be upset if I do not keep the original engine.

any info or opinions are welcomed.

Thanks,
Craig

jp-
03-27-2012, 07:43 PM
Thompson, is there anyway that you can modify the first page of this thread so that it shows both the logo and a photo of the Rover? It would be really cool to be able to scroll over the html links and see photos of the NADA's.

I'll be happy to provide a photo.

patrickfoley1
03-28-2012, 07:45 PM
Clarence was parked w/o engine, which was stored in a leaky shed for 35 years. Pistons were frozen in place. The antique farm machinery shop that is restoring Clarence used a power ram to free up the pistons. The engine was shipped to a shop in Columbus that rebuilds antique engines. Sleeves were installed and then new pistons and rings. They did a complete rebuild of the engine.

Jim Chandler

TSR53
03-29-2012, 08:52 AM
Thompson, is there anyway that you can modify the first page of this thread so that it shows both the logo and a photo of the Rover? It would be really cool to be able to scroll over the html links and see photos of the NADA's.

I'll be happy to provide a photo. Good suggestion, I'll look into this. I think that our version vBulletin can have photo galleries I just need to turn them on and get the UI dialed in. This way registry owners can upload their own photos.

TSR53
03-29-2012, 09:36 AM
Photo Albums have now been activated.

You can upload a total of 100 photos.

TSR53
03-29-2012, 11:04 AM

I'll be happy to provide a photo.

@jp - You can now click on your forum user name and over on the far right column you will see the Photo Album area to create and upload. Hope this helps.

jp-
03-30-2012, 07:25 PM
I can't upload any photos. The album size (and photo size) is limited to 10kb...

That's not even big enough to capture 100pixels on some of the photos I've got.

ocsddep
06-01-2012, 11:20 PM
Hello, I am the proud owner of #635. It appears that she spent most of her life in CA. I bought her a month ago sight unseen from eBay. The only truth about her is that the frame has no rust. It is mostly original from what I can tell. I have a lot of questions and I am seeing things that don't appear to be in any of the books. She runs good, a bit slow for my taste, but starts right up. I found receipts totaling over $10k in repairs and parts.
Right now, my mechanic is trying to resolve some of the mysteries that no one can seem to answer. I will be posting a thread asking for help.

Thanks in advance.

The truck is now residing in Grand Rapids, MI, so if you know of any experts in the area, please let me know.

Regards,

Ray
1967 IIA 109
1969 88 (Sold)

patrickfoley1
06-02-2012, 07:05 AM
Welcome to the Club, Ray. There is a Parts Manual and a Workshop Supplement, specific to the 1967 NADA 109 using the Weslake Head, 6 cylinder engine. Charles Kellogg @ : land-roverco@hotmail.com, should be able to help you out. His company has reproduced the Originals.

I purchased Clarence new, in Maryland in early 1968. The engine "Blew" in 1975. I have hired a local Antique Machinery Restoration Company to rebuild Clarence from the Ground Up. We are awaiting the completion of a Bulkhead by Pegasus which is located in the UK.

The land Rover Company has had a number of ownership changes since the discontinuance of the NADA. Parts Numbers have apparently been changed by more than one of the subsequent owners. You may find as many as 4 or 5 numbers for the same part. This does not include the numbers assigned by after-market Parts Manufacturers. (Incidentally, across the pond, many Land Rovers manufactured for, and destined for this side of the Atlantic, were labeled NADA. (North American Dollar Area). This might have even included the '88 you previously owned.

Few if any of the companies that sold the unit we are discussing, ever kept a parts inventory for the Weslake Head Engine. I have located several parts sources in the UK and a Gentleman who seems to know the Engine inside-out. He frequently is slow to respond, but has been most helpful in providing Parts and Information.

I will be happy to provide any help or advice that is within my capabilities.

Jim Chandler
Bethel, OH (SE of Cincinnati)

Linus Tremaine
06-22-2012, 03:47 PM
Found #258 last week. I met the guy in grass valley, ca. He is from salem oregon and builds banjos. He has a four cylinder 2.25 in his.

He has owned it for 22 years.

http://www.docsbanjos.com/

jp-
07-08-2012, 10:06 PM
Linus, I sent the banjo guy an email, but he never responded. His site seems pretty cool.

rwollschlager
08-29-2012, 02:34 PM
the add says it's a 66, and I know NADA's were 67, but its LHD and a 6 cyl, is it possible that this is a NADA or were there 6 cyl's offered to other markets in 1966?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150889667674&viewitem=

-Rob

patrickfoley1
08-30-2012, 11:09 AM
The first NADA was produced, according to records I downloaded some years ago, on 24-25 February 1966 and went to Land Rover Quality Control. It's "VIN Number" was 34300001. 34300002 was produced between 01 March and 17 March that same year. It was shipped to Rover San Francisco. The last NADA's were produced in early 1968 and most of them were shipped to Canada, as they did not meet the pollution standards that went into effect in the US 1 January 1968.

The 2.6 L 6 cylinder engine , WITHOUT THE WESLAKE HEAD, was installed in several 109 models during the late '60's. These were not, according to the records I have accumulated, initially shipped to the US and Canada. I know for a fact that some were shipped later, by their owners to this country. I have had contact (remotely) with a subsequent owner.

I'll be happy to try and answer any other questions you may have.

Jim Chandler
redbrush2@yahoo.com
The Original Owner of Clarence (717)

carl k
08-30-2012, 11:30 PM
Rob-

That one you refer to that's on auction is a NADA 109, as evidenced by the 343 prefix of the VIN. Everything under the bonnet looks correct for the NADA trucks, and the speedo reads to the correct 90mph. The original heater air intake thru the wing has been replaced with a series 3 style, and the defrost pans have been removed from the windscreen (those are some of the external changes that tip off a NADA 109).

Carl K.

desullivan
09-15-2012, 07:13 PM
Greetings from New Mexico.

I just acquired #34300362A from a gentleman here in New Mexico. He was the original owner and had all the original books (including workshop manuals with supplement and owners manual) and even original flyers from the dealership. He kept every reciept as well. She is about to undergo a rolling restoration once I get here rolling. Left rear wheel is seized as well as the engine is seized. Previous owner told me it ran when he parked it in his garage where it has remained for the past 27 years. Frame is great-body has some damage caused when he slid into a tree and bent/folded left front wing-it needs to be replaced so I have started looking for one. She has the original engine I believe serial #34300381A with 56,000 original miles and original blue paint.

Great to be a part of this forum and thanks for all the work, knowledge and support that all provide.

patrickfoley1
09-19-2012, 11:19 AM
Welcome Aboard!
According to Productions Records that I downloaded some years ago, 362 began Production 27 October 1966. Production was completed 1 November. Color was Marine Blue. It was shipped to Rover, Los Angles. I purchased 717 (Clarence) new from a dealer near Silver Springs, MD and took delivery in early 1968. As I reported earlier in this Forum Clarence Blew his engine in 1975 and sat under a tree for 30 years. I am having it restored from the ground up. We are awaiting a new Bulkhead from Pegasus in the UK. The NADA Bulkhead has more than 30 components that were not used on any other Series IIA or 3.
When you start looking for engine parts you will probably discover as I did, that Engine Parts were never stocked by Land Rover Dealers on this side of the Pond, nor by Land Rover Dealers in the UK. I have developed a comprehensive list of Parts sources, which includes our Host, for 109 Parts Not even our esteemed Host carries all of the Parts you may need.. I also can provide email addresses of Rover Dealers and Shops in the UK that are familiar with the Weslake Head 2.6L 6 Cyl, and can help with parts.

If I can be of help email me at redbrush2@yahoo.com. Jim Chandler, Bethel, OH 45106

67pilch
11-04-2012, 01:12 PM
Guys and gals,

I'm the proud new care taker of #34300497a. The (POP CAN) is in the shop for a new rear end and an ARB airlocker. she was converted to chev 6 sometime in the past. Im going to send off for the records to find out what she came with and when and where she came from, more info to follow.

http://www.lrfaq.org/Series/FAQ.S.chassis_numbering.343.html

Pilch
St. George, Ut

patrickfoley1
11-05-2012, 08:29 AM
Welcome aboard Pilch from St. George. I hail from Pocatello, but live in Bethel, OH. I am the original owner of Clarence, 717. According to the records I downloaded in 2005, 497 began production on 3 November 66. The unit was completed 14 November. Color was light green. It was shipped to Rovers, Los Angeles.

Clarence has been in a state of Restoration since 2008. I have been waiting for the production of a New Bulkhead (Unique to our Unit) for 3 years. Our Host can supply most of your requirements. If you come across a need that they cannot fill, perhaps I will be able to direct you to a source.

Jim Chandler-Bethel, OH redbrush2@yahoo.com

67pilch
11-06-2012, 09:03 PM
Jim,

Thanks for the info, I'm going to E-mail you about some parts.

Kiloengineer
11-07-2012, 01:01 PM
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but is there a similar registry for 88" I have a 1968 88" and would like to find some history. Thanks!
Jason.

patrickfoley1
11-08-2012, 08:26 AM
Good Morning Jason;
Didn't a Teacher at least once tell you that there is no such thing as a "Dumb Question". All of the "88's" are covered in the more comprehensive "Land Rover Series I, II, IIA, & III Forum". The only Land Rover I have owned it "Clarence" which I purchased new in early '68. Clarence is undergoing a complete restoration at this time. Clarence is 717.

I recommend that you read all of the entries in that Forum and you should find answer to all of your questions there. I have a comprehensive collection of Dealer Parts Manuals and Shop Manuals which I have collected over the past 40 plus years. As it turns out very few deal with the 6 cylinder 109. They cover extensively all of the other 109's and 88's. If you can't find satisfactory answers in the I, II, IIA, III Forum, email me at redbrush2@yahoo.com and I'll try to help you.

Jim Chandler-Bethel, OH

ocsddep
11-11-2012, 04:47 PM
Today, I am announcing that #635 is being shipped to Russia. It has been a short but interesting journey with me. I can't thank enough all the folks on here that have answered a lot of my questions, but specifically my friend Jim in OH. He is a wealth of knowledge.

Jim, I sure hope that you get to see the final work of Clarence when it is completed.

Ray

patrickfoley1
11-12-2012, 07:33 AM
Good Morning Ray;

I am saddened to see an "Intact" NADA leave the country. Inform your buyer that I do not speak or read Russian, but if I can be of any help in locating parts, translate his needs into English and I'll try to help him. Please stay in touch. Thanks for the "Best Wishes".
Jim Chandler-Bethel, OH

podelson
12-30-2012, 07:12 PM
Owner of 34300728A which I bought off another member here on the forums.
Right now it is in Vermont and although there was shall we say a 'misfire' with the first place that was going to fix it, its heading to Boston after the new year so I can start restoring it back to as original as possible.
Got the Heritage paperwork on its way as well as the Green Bible and will be pestering all of you for the better part of the upcoming year :)
paul

patrickfoley1
12-31-2012, 10:58 AM
Good Morning Paul;
Welcome to the Club. You may discover that the Green Bible coverage of the 2.6 L engine begins with series 345_____. The NADA is series 343_____. The former covers engines of lesser HP. The NADA has the Weslake Head. The Weslake Head does not seem to fit on the 345&346 series blocks.

A reproduction of the Shop Manual is available from Charles Kellogg at British North West Land Rover.
I have an exceptionally well qualified UK Contact for Engine Parts and Information. I believe he worked with the Engine when it was being produced for the Rover Sedan. He is at least as old as I am, and is sometime slow to respond. I was born in '35.

podelson
01-01-2013, 09:23 AM
Patrick thank you!

patrickfoley1
01-02-2013, 06:13 AM
You are most welcome. If you wish to conduct lengthy exchanges with me, my email address is redbrush2@yahoo.com.

Paul and Judson
01-22-2013, 01:59 PM
My son and I are the new owners of 109 NADA # 527. It is a quite complete and original example and we are happy to have it. #527 is red and has spent its life in New England. We are in Maine so #527 is still at home. It is being stored for the winter and we plan to start the restoration when the weather warms up. #527 has the original Weslake 6 engine which, as far as we can tell, runs well. The frame has had some work done to it and it is solid and well oiled. The body panels are straight and all there. In general #527 has been well cared for by its pervious owners and we plan to do the same.

I see that a registration decal with the truck's number may be available. How can we go about registering and get a decal?

o2batsea
01-22-2013, 05:10 PM
In general #527 has been well cared for by its pervious owners and we plan to do the same.
Freudian slip?

drc123
08-25-2013, 07:57 PM
#'s

436 - rescued from Arkansas
484 - rescued from Pennsylvania
719 - rescued from Kentucky

are all hanging out with me in Pinehurst, NC undergoing various stages of restoration.

They happily spend time with their siblings in the driveway and garage:

1964 109 5 door
1966 109 5 door
2002 P38 HSE (tow vehicle for bringing 436 and 719 to North Carolina)
2006 Supercharged (tow vehicle for bringing 484 from Pennsylvania)

- and are very happy to be rescued from their prior, stationary existence

Paul and Judson
08-26-2013, 06:13 AM
Please see my recent post on the forum requesting information from all 109 NADA owners. Perhaps you can help me.

Correction from my post. I am the owner of #527 not #524

RN Admin
08-26-2013, 10:52 AM
I see that a registration decal with the truck's number may be available. How can we go about registering and get a decal?Welcome to the registry! I will add you to the registry list on page one and get your decal graphic made.

Cheers, Thompson

Stolidog
08-28-2013, 11:24 PM
Found # 283 in New Mexico, it had been sitting since 89, under a coating of mud that refused to come off was a rust free beauty. Ended up with a 5.3 vortec mated to a nv4500, roam disk brakes, Detroit locker and a mess of other stuff I hope my wife never asks about. Oh and about a year in the shop every spare moment. Now living in Tahoe and Reno.
Jeff8666

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

patrickfoley1
08-29-2013, 09:19 AM
FYI. According to the Production Records that I downloaded some years back, 283 began production 2 September 1966 and production was completed 5 September 1966. Original Color was Marine Blue and it was shipped to Rover San Francisco.

Paul and Judson
08-29-2013, 10:56 AM
PM sent

Stolidog
08-30-2013, 11:51 AM
Jim
thanks for the info, when i bought the truck it still had half the blue paint left, where it sat in the sun all those years was just bare metal. I did get the original sales document from Land Rover of San Francisco which was kinda cool.
Jeff

FYI. According to the Production Records that I downloaded some years back, 283 began production 2 September 1966 and production was completed 5 September 1966. Original Color was Marine Blue and it was shipped to Rover San Francisco.

Stolidog
09-09-2013, 10:23 AM
eyes or memory must be going (or both) as i have #285 not 283! not sure how i came up with that number but #285 is now running strong in the Reno Lake Tahoe area 8684

patrickfoley1
09-10-2013, 08:16 AM
Good Morning Jeff;
If you think you have Memory Problems now, when you reach your late 70's, you may, God Willing, be able to look back at your current memory problems with envy.

#285 began Production 8 August 1966 and was completed the following day. As you know it was painted Marine Blue and shipped to Rovers San Francisco.

Jim

draaronr
09-11-2013, 02:49 PM
i have a pair of the 6 cylinder motors if anyone needs a running complete one and the other for parts. draaronr@gmail.com

jimt7727
11-19-2013, 08:47 AM
I have found and purchased 34300272A. It's a blue LR that has been in storage since 1992. I am going to get it running and hope to bring it to one of the Field Meets in either Portland, OR or Bellevue WA next summer. I also joined Pacific Rovers Club and I am looking forward to attending their events.

RN Admin
11-25-2013, 12:49 PM
I have found and purchased 34300272A. It's a blue LR that has been in storage since 1992. I am going to get it running and hope to bring it to one of the Field Meets in either Portland, OR or Bellevue WA next summer. I also joined Pacific Rovers Club and I am looking forward to attending their events.
Welcome on board! I'll try to get the forum registry updated from the last few months for all, I've been busy designing the Rovers Magazine...
Cheers, Thompson

o2batsea
11-25-2013, 01:05 PM

LRFAQ sez:
D 270 34300272 08 Aug 1966 18 Aug 1966 Marine Blue Rover, Boston

So originally an East Coast truck.

jchurch
01-04-2014, 08:39 AM
Hello to all the 109 owners
I have 34300079A-the truck is original with a couple of up grades-parabolics and newer brake system and a roverdrive. Still have the 2.6 in her and getting some engine work done now- has some burnt exhaust valves. the truck has been driving around since i found her 8 years ago. The original list of all the 109's NADA ever made has 34300239 sold to churchill in 1966- my father ordered that truck and we picked it up in England when i was just a kid. if anyone knows where 239 is please let me know.
Cheers-Jordan

CliftonRover
01-30-2014, 10:33 AM
Vin 34300009 in Killingworth CT. Truck needs a full rebuild, that I don't currently have time for.

It's amazing to see how many of these are accounted for on here.

US110CSW
02-18-2014, 09:50 PM
34300009A is now in its new home in North Florida. Thanks CliftonRover for the project!

Truck condition: Chassis is gone.... Evaluating the rest....pretty rough. The drivetrain looks original, intact and in relatively good shape. I may be interested in selling it if somebody is interested. I'll post a build thread as I start digging in.

W2HX
02-27-2014, 04:21 PM
34300166A
full restoration/build. Located in Westchester County, NY.
pix of the rebuild are here:
http://automotion.smugmug.com/Other/1965-Land-Rover-109-Resto-Mod/24692072_7kn36j#!i=3025083270&k=gCSsL6z
Still a little rough around the edges but fast as hell. V6, 5 speed tranny and high ratio aschroft gearbox lets this go down the highway at 75 without blinking an eye!
W2HX

clearcut
08-09-2014, 12:09 PM
34300311 now in Santa Cruz CA.. All Orginal 85,000 mile.. Priod owner rebuild a lot it the 80's. Then drove it only 5,000 miles

craigp
09-11-2014, 03:06 PM
Hi,
I just picked up a NADA and towed it home. Registered as a 1969...absolutely complete vehicle. 6 cylinder engine runs well, full dash intact and the factory installed Belleview winch is pulling strong. Will embark on a fairly major restoration over the winter.
The number is 34300797A.
The rear half of the chassis is in pretty bad shape...but the body(although painted several rough coats), is straight and in very good shape. Kodiak heater, heated windshield...etc.etc.
Found this in Stratford Ontario. It stared life in Vancouver but moved to Bancroft, Ontario in 72. It has been parked in a barn for 12 years and before that likely in another barn.

I have also fully restored/re-built another NADA this past winter but it is less original. Marsland galv chassis, defender seats, freshly rebuild military 2.5 NA etc. Re-painted the original colour of Marine Blue. Very happy with the truck but have recently sold it to justify more projects.

craigp
09-11-2014, 03:11 PM
the other NADA we have is #729. This is the one that we fully rebuilt. Marine Blue. Started life in Toronto, then ended up in Northern Ontario before we brought it to Collingwood, Ontario. It was sold to s gentleman and his wife who will take it to Pelee Island. Perfect spot for her!

RamblerRob
10-24-2014, 06:48 PM
I'm looking at buying #348. It's in bc, Canada. Has been converted to 4cyl petrol and needs bulkhead, frame, & door work.
I'm hoping to replace the chassis & run a diesel engine in it.... Though due to availability I might run it with a rover v8 build instead

RamblerRob
11-02-2014, 12:09 AM
And Purchased!! Should be picking it up in a few weeks

I'm looking at buying #348. It's in bc, Canada. Has been converted to 4cyl petrol and needs bulkhead, frame, & door work.
I'm hoping to replace the chassis & run a diesel engine in it.... Though due to availability I might run it with a rover v8 build instead

englishman
11-23-2014, 08:48 PM
Bought NADA 109 #34300550 a couple of weeks ago. Someone butchered the front end early in it life. Bugeye headlamps and cutup radiator support. Bought it from the second owner who bought it in 1974. Poppy Red with a Chevy I6. Working on getting things pulled together for a semi-resto in the spring. Looking for LR 6 West Lake motor. Need to investigate how much damage was done in fitting new radiator into breakfast area. Looking forward to getting cues and tips from anyone willing to chime in.

Danimal
02-06-2015, 01:18 PM
I have a 1966 nada 109 brought down from Richmond BC. Its my understand that it lived its life on Vancouver island until a couple years ago. Its now in Seattle WA. The vin ends in 105A

clearcut
03-20-2015, 07:24 AM
send some pictures

I have a Nada 109 all original engine and front end..

If you need picture email me what you need to look at

josh

rwollschlager
03-24-2015, 12:41 PM
on craigslist in Madison, WI. No relation to the seller. http://madison.craigslist.org/cto/4943605707.html

patrickfoley1
03-25-2015, 10:03 AM
Hi, I have not posted recently. I am believed to be the last Original owner of a NADA 109. According to a record I downloaded some years back, the early history of your unit is as follows. Production Starts 9 May 1966. Unit finished 3 September 1966. Color Limestone. Shipped to HDO Ritche, Vancouver. I have a lengthy list of potential suppliers should you need parts.

Jim Chandler redbrush2@yahoo.com

patrickfoley1
03-25-2015, 10:08 AM
I am believed to be the last original owner of a NADA 109. If I can be of any help finding parts please feel free to contact me. The radiator appears to be exclusive to our unit. Over the years I have developed quite a list of suppliers.

rwollschlager
03-25-2015, 09:31 PM
Patrick, any chance of posting pictures of your truck and some of the adventures it has taken you on?

cheetahcraig
06-05-2015, 10:13 AM
I have all the original NADA 109 drivetrain from my #147.
I don't need it. have original radiator also
let me know if anyone has interest in it.

TravelinLight
06-05-2015, 04:37 PM
I have all the original NADA 109 drivetrain from my #147.
I don't need it. have original radiator also
let me know if anyone has interest in it.

Where are you located?

Paul and Judson
06-06-2015, 07:27 AM
PM sent

patrickfoley1
06-08-2015, 10:15 AM
My Radiator has been refurbished and the shop recommended that I use a 3# cap. The manual calls for several times that. How much do you want for the Radiator?

Bethel, OH

patrickfoley1
06-08-2015, 10:23 AM
Clarence has been sitting in a Storage Container, for several years awaiting the delivery of a new Bulkhead. The new chassis with rebuilt engine mounted, awaits the promised arrival of the new bulkhead this summer. I hope to create a picture story from start to finish when the reassembly is complete.

Here it is, December 2015 and Clarence is still awaiting the arrival of a new Bulkhead from over the Pond. I'll soon have the price of a new bulkhead in the rent of the Storage Container. I celebrated my 80th last month and hope that I can finish the restoration before I die. My Daughter and Son-n-Law are beginning to question my judgement in this matter.

It's 8 February 2016 and still no Bulkhead. I'm beginning to question my own judgement. My offer to help remains open. I have both the Parts Manual and the Workshop Manual specific to the NADA.

Jim

Jim Chandler an Original Owner.

patrickfoley1
06-08-2015, 10:36 AM
How is your restoration progressing? I have made a few posts today after more than a year's dormancy. If I can be of any help don't hesitate to ask. I have a fairly complete set of Shop Manuals for the NADA and the Engine. Also Parts Manuals.

I have loaded up on spare parts over the years and have developed an extensive list of vendors both here and over the Pond. You might want to scan my Postings since 2010 for answers to questions you might have.

chrisinbc
07-01-2015, 04:19 PM
I have #749 which is located in Richmond BC in need of a full restoration when I have time (hopefully someday...). I bought it in 1998 from a garage in Grassy Plains, BC. Up until summer 2014 it has been sitting in a field in Prince George, BC which is when I moved it down to Richmond. The rear of the frame is pretty shot. The original engine was taken out years ago due to a hole blown in the block, but I have a replacement 2.6 NADA engine in the event that I actually have the guts to try and re-build it.

dmarsich
07-01-2015, 04:57 PM
34300552A, currently being restored into a hybrid defender 110 build.
http://i58.tinypic.com/1410dh2.jpg

zeerover
11-30-2015, 08:59 PM
#585 Amesbury, MA Starting the rebuild soon!

Jim-ME
12-01-2015, 04:04 AM
Where did you find it. Is that one of the Brewer trucks? If it is then you lucked out getting the seller to return messages.
Jim

Paul and Judson
12-02-2015, 09:21 AM
Congratulation on your purchase. Welcome to the NADA 109 club. Looks like a nice example. Does it have Series 3 wings and headlights?

zeerover
12-03-2015, 09:39 AM
Jim,

It is one of the Brewer Maine Club! I had a hard time getting it, just via text! But he was a man that kept his promise. I put it in the barn, had not got a lot of time to look at it yet, but frame looks extremely good. They put a 2.25 in it, haven't tried to start it yet. They also put the Series 3 wings and lights on it yes. I knew from the VIN it was NADA, the heated front screens, the vacuum assist (?), motor mounts different spots, battery under seats and a couple more things. I just want to get it running now, put a Turner 2.25 in it, new B-post T-pieces, and the such.

Paul and Judson,

Thanks!!! I have to swing by and look at yours!

I know I lucked out, all the seats are good, frame, firewall is minimal rust, body panels straight. Just doesn't have the 2.6, but know I will eventually put a 200Tdi in it. All I need is a year off from work...

Paul and Judson
12-03-2015, 06:53 PM
PM me when you want to come to Kennebunkport to see ours.
We are doing some work on it.
Paul

clearcut
12-03-2015, 07:16 PM
Very nice that you got it I have 211A. If you change out the vacuum assist, may need it when or if you sell that part. I plan on keeping my 11 x 3 brake in the front drums.. Brett in Santa Cruz rebuild my brakes this summer. Took lots of brake fluid to get the air out of the system

josh:cool:

patrickfoley1
02-09-2016, 03:56 PM
I'm 6 years late in responding, but the Westlake Head won't work on the Euro-6.The oil return ports don't match up.

Jim Chandler-Bethel,OH

hackneyed1
06-29-2016, 05:58 AM
Number 712 reporting in for the first time. Currently motoring around (slowly) between Baltimore and Annapolis Maryland. Quite crusty but very near original. I'm the third owner and know its history a bit. I would like to see SwingKeel's #380 in Baltimore to compare, plus I don't know what a few of the switches do etc.

I have some questions, not all of which are specific to NADA models:
Mounted underneath the middle bench seat, there are some clips. I assume a set of them hold the hand crank handle. What are the others for? Why are speedometer cables different for this truck than other 109s? Are valve cover gaskets still available?[the site hosts have them in the catalog, but the link doesn't work] Where can I get used parts? I'm missing a seat belt latch and a wiper arm return spring.

Thanks-
Josh
'67 109 NADA
'62 88

clearcut
06-30-2016, 10:23 AM
I have truck 34300211A

On the valve cover gaskets issue, find your local, jag and Bently repair shop... Have them set your tappets for you asap. Very hard to due on value 5 and 6 exhaust. Ask them to make you new cork ones.

They are expensive, but will be made right. 2.6l is great, as long as you care for it. It is a F head.

Please post some picture of the truck. Include engine bay and dash

Josh117531175411755:thumb-up:

hackneyed1
06-30-2016, 12:59 PM
I have truck 34300211A

On the valve cover gaskets issue, find your local, jag and Bently repair shop... Have them set your tappets for you asap. Very hard to due on value 5 and 6 exhaust. Ask them to make you new cork ones.

They are expensive, but will be made right. 2.6l is great, as long as you care for it. It is a F head.

Please post some picture of the truck. Include engine bay and dash

Josh117531175411755:thumb-up:

Will a battery actually fit in the engine bay? Or is that an extra one? I see a bunch of cables. And what is the solenoid looking thing on the driver side inner fender well?

clearcut
06-30-2016, 01:09 PM
Will a battery actually fit in the engine bay? Or is that an extra one? I see a bunch of cables. And what is the solenoid looking thing on the driver side inner fender well?

Yes it has a extra battery. Came stock with one under the drivers seat. Still in use ... Not sure who added it. They may have moved down/lower the brake servo that come with a NADA... for the second battery.. The warn has a direct connection to the battery in the bay

Fender well. Power comes from the second battery, run the fog lights, rear work lamp. There little, if any thing added to stock wiring.

Josh

clearcut
07-13-2016, 10:54 AM
Hi All

I found 34300203A

Here are some pictures11788117891179011791117921179311794

Will be moving to Sacramento for a while and then onto Santa Cruz..

Iphone picture!!(sorry)

Original Color was BLUE.

Josh T

GS70350
07-16-2016, 10:30 PM
Hello all,
Would like to add my 67 nada truck to the registry. Number 55. Poppy red sold in New York originally. Have been welding the original frame where it had collapsed from quite a bit of rust but finally looking solid after many hours. Have renewed clutch and brake hydraulics, and lines and preparing to do footwells next while wings are off. Anyone have any history on this truck? Saw it referenced on this thread back in 09 being on eBay at the time. Would like to get one of these cool coffee mugs or two as well, where do I order? Thanks will post some photos once it's back together and driving!

swingkeel
07-25-2016, 11:53 AM
Josh-

(not the upside-down picture-posting Josh ;) )

Still driving our NADA 109 weekly, so we could meet up somewhere north of Baltimore sometime when you are in the neighborhood. I will PM you.

Number 55 owner, (name?)

Why wait to post pics until "its back together...." Lets see some photos now ! :)

Michael
1967 NADA 109
Towson Md.

badpaddler1980
07-25-2016, 03:37 PM
Just bought 121. Interior Alaska. Chevy 250 conversion. Will be starting the process of fixing her up this week! First Land Rover!11889

Armordave
08-22-2016, 09:16 AM
I am the (new) 7th owner of #768. It was purchased from a gentleman in Georgia (who bought it from member Giorgio, see post #37). It now resides in the Tampa Bay area. #768 is a Carawagon "Continental" conversion, with most of the Carawagon stuff having been removed. It has had a Roverdrive added but otherwise appears mostly stock. Its in good running condition and rust free but it needs some TLC and will be getting upgrades.

clearcut
08-22-2016, 11:20 AM
Nice looking Rover

Can you post a picture on the engine bay

thanks

Armordave
08-24-2016, 05:58 AM
Engine bay as is now:

clearcut
08-24-2016, 10:44 AM
Nice looking. How stock are you going to keep it. You still the the brake servo. You need to bleed it last, after bleeding the brakes. Air silencer part number is RTC4683. Would like to see the dash pictures to when you have time

thanks

josh

clearcut
08-27-2016, 04:40 PM
Summary of Special Features

josh t

janajasa
08-31-2016, 01:46 PM
I purchased 179 - it is currently being restored in massachusetts - it is a very intact dormobile. will be beautiful in the fall.
j. nichols

Armordave
09-02-2016, 10:40 AM
Just finished replacing the steering relay and all rod ends. In the process of taking off the breakfast and wings I found a terrible mismatch of crap hardware (which drives me nuts) so I replacing everything with new stainless hardware, extruded U-nuts and whatever else is right. As I go through this vehicle I will continue to upgrade all the body and mounting hardware. I did find that someone had welded the wing to the sill (rather than replace the sill with a bad corners, so I'm getting a new one of those too. All in all there not too much wrong with this truck but still going to keep upgrading and do now paint.

Armordave
09-04-2016, 07:12 PM
Nice looking. How stock are you going to keep it. You still the the brake servo. You need to bleed it last, after bleeding the brakes. Air silencer part number is RTC4683. Would like to see the dash pictures to when you have time

thanks

josh

#768 Here are some photos of the dash. And other.

Armordave
09-05-2016, 05:28 AM
I found this photo while I was searching for a 109 to buy and it has become "the photo" I keep to remind me of what my goal is with mine. Does anyone know who owns this?

clearcut
09-05-2016, 09:45 AM
I found this photo while I was searching for a 109 to buy and it has become "the photo" I keep to remind me of what my goal is with mine. Does anyone know who owns this?

yes I own it

it is my blue rover that lives in a Santa Cruz

Armordave
09-05-2016, 06:36 PM
I thought it might be. Terrific. Next time I'm in CA I might make it a point to look you up.

Armordave
09-12-2016, 05:55 PM
Can anyone post up photos of their rear seats. I'm trying to figure out of the 109 rear seats are correct or not for a 109 12 passenger (although it was original as a Carawagon).

todd465
10-05-2016, 05:49 AM
I'm seeking input from the community -
After 50 nearly years of service and various prior care takers - I'd like to send the original 2.6 carb and distributor off for good cleaning, service, and parts replacements (if necessary) in time for the start of next spring season.
I've been the steward for the past 6 years - the truck appears to have been well cared for prior to my purchase. I'm looking to prepare it for the next 50 and eventually the next custodian.
I'm seeking the contact details of shops experienced with the SU carb and distributor.
Who can share their prior experiences - recommendations and what to avoid.
Thanks in advance

patrickfoley1
10-10-2016, 03:12 PM
Todd:

In March 2009 I had my SU AUD 201 Carburetter Rebuilt by Joe Curto @ aol.com. (718)762-7878. 22-09 126th St. College Point, NY 11356.
In the same month Jeff Schlemmer @ Advanced Distributers. 612-804-5543. 17495 Marystown Rd. Swakopee, MN 55379. Rebuilt my Lucas 25D.

If you contact them please extend my best regards.

Jim Chandler (patrickfoley1) email redbrush2@yahoo.com

Armordave
10-15-2016, 01:03 PM
Ok how many are still existing with a working Westlake? Let's hear a shout out.

Armordave
10-15-2016, 01:04 PM
#768 still has a running Westlake

clearcut
10-15-2016, 03:51 PM
34300203a and 34300211a

still running

patrickfoley1
10-16-2016, 10:41 AM
Have been waiting for a long time for a new Bulkhead. Clarence is in storage awaiting the new Bulkhead. Clarence has a rebuilt 2.6 installed and I have a spare block and head.

Jim Chandler redbrush2@yahoo.com. (patrickfoley1)

Armordave
10-17-2016, 01:15 PM
Apparently #493 has been located by a guy thinking of buying it from someone on the Atlantic coast. It has a swapped out engine and according to the guy has been sitting in the sand for a long time. Anyway the potential of another NADA being rescued is nice.

todd465
10-21-2016, 04:59 PM
#465 is running a Westlake head

superstator
10-21-2016, 05:01 PM
Have been waiting for a long time for a new Bulkhead. Clarence is in storage awaiting the new Bulkhead. Clarence has a rebuilt 2.6 installed and I have a spare block and head.

Jim Chandler redbrush2@yahoo.com. (patrickfoley1)

You're not waiting on Pegasus, are you?

patrickfoley1
10-22-2016, 10:05 AM
You're not waiting on Pegasus, are you?
Yes and I have been for many years.

Paul and Judson
10-22-2016, 04:23 PM
#527 has an running original Weslake 6.

meboosta
10-22-2016, 08:22 PM
Hi everyone,

I picked up chassis #585 from a fellow Rover hoarder back in June!

She's very much complete, a 2.25 was swapped in at some point but shes not running at the moment. Judging by the production date of her tires, shes been down since the late 90's.

My plans are to rebuild the drive train, swap in different axles with disc brakes and possibly go through a coil spring conversion.. There are only a couple of panels that need to be replaced due to rot, other than those, shes solid. I'd like to retain the worn body look and will likely not paint it in the mean time. My main focus is to make her a capable runner as a sub for my LR3 for daily commutes :)

On a side note, this NADA is the oldest vehicle that I've owned. I typically chase after every bit of info that I can dig up on a car before buying. For this NADA, I was only able to check in with the police department to make sure that she was not reported as stolen at any point. Can anyone suggest a website, or maybe an agency that I can ring up and submit my vin over to get some deeper info?

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn23/renan_barreto1/EA4F27A9-AA9A-426A-B905-AD8648B83260_zpskmy6jevv.jpg (http://s300.photobucket.com/user/renan_barreto1/media/EA4F27A9-AA9A-426A-B905-AD8648B83260_zpskmy6jevv.jpg.html)

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn23/renan_barreto1/F1CF2F35-3189-4B8D-928C-7E37506D2A24_zpsvfmndorn.jpg (http://s300.photobucket.com/user/renan_barreto1/media/F1CF2F35-3189-4B8D-928C-7E37506D2A24_zpsvfmndorn.jpg.html)

Cheers,
Renan

patrickfoley1
10-23-2016, 11:36 AM
Welcome to the club Renan;

I downloaded the production schedule for the 109 2.6L NADA some years ago. It appears that Rovers New York took delivery of 5 sequential units in late December 1966 or early January 1967. Production of 585 began on 6 December 1966 and was completed on 14 December. It, and units 583 and 584 were painted Limestone. 586 and 587 were painted Red.

The Wings on the unit have been replaced with a later model wing. The may have occurred when the engine was replaced. As constructed, the NADA headlights were recessed on the grill. If I can be of any further help please feel free to contact me redbrush2@yahoo.com. Jim Chandler I believe that I am the only Original Owner in the Forum.

clearcut
10-25-2016, 08:37 PM
hi all

where would you get a wiring harness for a 109 nada?

patrickfoley1
10-26-2016, 09:51 AM
Kara Pease
R I WIRING SERVICE, INC.

Info Wire <info@riwire.com>

Jim Chandier redbrush2@yahoo.com

andrewjonescanada
10-27-2016, 06:10 PM
Hi folks
Am new to the Registry. Im the custodian of #785A and the mortal remains of another (red) NADA109 ... got bulkhead (no ID, complete engine, axles and sundry bits and pieces. Pic of #785A attached
cheers

Andrew

andrewjonescanada
10-27-2016, 06:14 PM
#785A has a running Weslake ... runs and drives well, but needs full resto ... the 6-pot will be sympathetically overhauled and put back in ... NADA isn't a NADA without the original engine ...in my humble opinion

patrickfoley1
10-28-2016, 10:16 AM
Good Morning Andrew; Welcome to the Club! According to the Production Records that I downloaded some years back, 785 began production 26 Aug 1968 and was completed 30 August 1968. It was painted Limestone and shipped to Leyland, Vancouver. A number of late production units were shipped to that destination. The other unit you have may be among these. Every unit subsequent to 724 was shipped to a Canadian Dealer. The units no longer met pollution standards in the US.

If I can be of any help, please feel free to email me. Jim Chandler-redbrush2@yahoo.com. I concur with you regarding the NADA engine. The larger replacement engines that people used to substitute for the 2.6 proved destructive to the Transmissions and Transfer Boxes. Jim

Armordave
10-28-2016, 05:55 PM
Good Morning Andrew; Welcome to the Club! According to the Production Records that I downloaded some years back, 785 began production 26 Aug 1968 and was completed 30 August 1968. It was painted Limestone and shipped to Leyland, Vancouver. A number of late production units were shipped to that destination. The other unit you have may be among these. Every unit subsequent to 724 was shipped to a Canadian Dealer. The units no longer met pollution standards in the US.

If I can be of any help, please feel free to email me. Jim Chandler-redbrush2@yahoo.com. I concur with you regarding the NADA engine. The larger replacement engines that people used to substitute for the 2.6 proved destructive to the Transmissions and Transfer Boxes. Jim

That makes sense because my #768 started in Canada, originally sold to the BC fisherman.

hackneyed1
10-30-2016, 07:27 PM
Ok how many are still existing with a working Westlake? Let's hear a shout out.

#712 still rolling with the Westlake it was born with...

andrewjonescanada
10-31-2016, 09:22 AM
Thanks Jim - really appreciate the quick response ... and the information regarding build date / original colour and destination - have sent a couple more questions via email.
best regards

Andrew

janajasa
11-01-2016, 04:13 AM
179 a is close to back on the road

dormobile that is in Massachusetts owned by Jay nichols
green and in final stages of restoration. Fantastic - all original

One of the guys on another Land Rover forum started a registry of the 500 NAS 110 trucks that were produced. I think they have accounted for about 50 or 60 of the trucks thus far.

I would like to attempt to make a similar registry for the Land Rover 109 NADA (North American Dollar Area) 6 cylinder trucks produced for 1967 since there are only 811. All the NADA trucks should have a VIN# 34300001 thru 34300811. The last 3 digits is the # of your truck within the 811.

[If you have or know where a particular 109 NADA truck is located, please respond to this posting with your trucks #, where it is located, and any other information you care to share. I will compile a spreadsheet with the information provided.

Thanks!
Jeremy

[edit Thompson (TSR53 - Rovers North Art Director) will keep a running list on this first posting. Hopefully, this will allow for others to see the list grow].

OFFICIAL Rovers North NADA 109 Registry Gear
http://www.cafepress.com/roversnorth/7011496
http://images0.cafepress.com/product/424110500v3_350x350_Back.jpg

#002 (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/002-109-registry-logo.jpg) - TCapelle - St. Paul, Minnesota, Chevy 6 conversion, Continental Carawagon conversion in the works. signature logo (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/002-109-registry-logo-sm.jpg)
#021 (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/021-109-registry-logo.jpg) - jumpmaster54 - Sun Prairie, WI - owner of #21 known as Harry. signature logo (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/021-109-registry-logo-sm.jpg)
#057 (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/057-109-registry-logo.jpg) - jkstehn - Cape Cod, Massachusetts - GM Straight 6. signature logo (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/057-109-registry-logo-sm.jpg)
#078 (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/078-109-registry-logo.jpg) - ckuhtz - Roswell, Georgia - Restoration in progress - down to frame and axles. Update 02/05/2011 - SOLD to new owner.signature logo (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/078-109-registry-logo-sm.jpg)
#079 (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/079-109-registry-logo.jpg) - dporter110 - Woodstock, Georgia - 3.0 Liter Mercruiser fom Robert Davis Conversion. signature logo (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/079-109-registry-logo-sm.jpg)
#083 (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/083-109-registry-logo.jpg) - dansalisbury72 - Fort Bragg, North Carolina. signature logo (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/083-109-registry-logo-sm.jpg)
#114 - Dare - Washington, Limestone, very original, complete and drivable.
#118 - Dare - Washington, Doormobile, Scotty 256 conversion, as supplied.
#140 (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/140-109-registry-logo.jpg) - WCB and for sale as an unrestored barn find. It looks to be pretty rust free too.signature logo (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/140-109-registry-logo-sm.jpg)
#160 (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/160-109-registry-logo.jpg) - greenmeanie - Phoenix, Arizona - Chevy 5 292 Conversion. signature logo (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/160-109-registry-logo-sm.jpg)
#173 (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/173-109-registry-logo.jpg) - jodym - Williamsport, Pennsylvania - In "Storage", 302 Conversion. signature logo (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/173-109-registry-logo-sm.jpg)
#177 (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/177-109-registry-logo.jpg) - Dare - Washington, Marine Blue, formerly disassembled, never repainted. signature logo (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/177-109-registry-logo-sm.jpg)
#193 (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/193-109-registry-logo.jpg) - Mercedesrover - Cornwall, Connecticut. signature logo (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/193-109-registry-logo-sm.jpg)
#203 - fred98050 - Marine blue originally but I don't know much more about it.
#220 - Dare - Washington, Original Poppy Red, never painted, engine rebuilt.
#229 - akedtg - Ed currently under the knife.
#231 (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/231-109-registry-logo.jpg) - Crocuta - Arkansas signature logo (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/231-109-registry-logo-sm.jpg)
#233 (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/233-109-registry-logo.jpg) - JSBriggs - Auburn, California - Glavanized Coilsprung Chassis/No Drivetrain Currently For Sale. signature logo (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/233-109-registry-logo-sm.jpg)
#236 (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/236-109-registry-logo.jpg) - kzack (discoweb) - Homer City, Pennsylvania - In lots and lots of pieces - looking for new frame. signature logo (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/236-109-registry-logo-sm.jpg)
#241 (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/241-109-registry-logo.jpg) - Pete & Debbie - Michigan, completely rebuilt 15 years ago. signature logo (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/241-109-registry-logo-sm.jpg)
#246 (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/246-109-registry-logo.jpg) - Evan Amaya - Shelby, NC - Red with cream top, 4.2L GM inline six conversion. signature logo (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/246-109-registry-logo-sm.jpg)
#247 (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/247-109-registry-logo.jpg) - verminbane - signature logo (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/247-109-registry-logo-sm.jpg)
#250 (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/250-109-registry-logo.jpg) - Dare - Washington, Pastel Green, lives in Seattle. signature logo (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/250-109-registry-logo-sm.jpg)
#260 (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/260-109-registry-logo.jpg) - gotsloco - San Luis Obispo, California, 43k mi.signature logo (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/260-109-registry-logo-sm.jpg)
#274 (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/274-109-registry-logo.jpg) - antichrist (discoweb) - Atlanta, Georgia - Fisher Snow Plow. signature logo (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/274-109-registry-logo-sm.jpg)
#298 - Pine Bush, New York - Hybrid w/ 3.9 V8, R380, LT230, Salisbury rear. Sold to a new owner in Upstate NY.
#284 (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/284-109-registry-logo.jpg) - West Coast British - Livermore, California. signature logo (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/284-109-registry-logo-sm.jpg)
#302 (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/302-109-registry-logo.jpg) - kenfisher - Portland, Oregon, Chevrolet 250 conversion. 08/18/2011, Currently listed for sale. signature logo (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/302-109-registry-logo-sm.jpg)
#304 (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/304-109-registry-logo.jpg) - jp- Mississippi - Chassis Only. signature logo (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/304-109-registry-logo-sm.jpg)
#305 (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/305-109-registry-logo.jpg) - chrismccarthy - Lockhart, Texas - Original dealer decal. signature logo (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/305-109-registry-logo-sm.jpg)
#318 - zephyr - Berkeley, CA - It's in the shop right now in Livermore, CA at West Coast British. Will be listed for sale.
#329 (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/329-109-registry-logo.jpg) - highmile - Colorado Springs, Colorado - Almost Running - Original 6. signature logo (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/329-109-registry-logo-sm.jpg)
#346 - Worcester, MA - Original chassis, engine, air cleaner, carburetor, radiator, and interior.
#360 - 1967IPA - Los Angeles, CA - Currently being brought out of a decade-plus "hibernation" in Los Angeles. Ford 289 conversion - done relatively well.
#363 (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/363-109-registry-logo.jpg) - rtksmith - Loganville, Georgia - body in real good shape. signature logo (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/363-109-registry-logo-sm.jpg)
#380 (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/380-109-registry-logo.jpg) - swingkeel - Baltimore, Maryland - Mercruiser Conversion. signature logo (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/380-109-registry-logo-sm.jpg)
#386 - GreatWhiteNorth - Anchorage, Alaska
#387 (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/387-109-registry-logo.jpg) - jp- Mississippi - Fully Restored in 2001, in family since 1985. signature logo (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/387-109-registry-logo-sm.jpg)
#413 (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/413-109-registry-logo.jpg) - Superstator - Portland, Oregon - 2.25 Diesel and Salisbury rear axle.signature logo (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/413-109-registry-logo-sm.jpg)
#428 - Ray - Hope, Maine. Petrol, Limestone. Bought as donor vehicle, but it's kinda growing on me.
#439 (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/439-109-registry-logo.jpg) - bryantate - Wilmington, NC. signature logo (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/439-109-registry-logo-sm.jpg)
#456 (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/456-109-registry-logo.jpg) - Pat Fought - Shelby, Ohio, via Alaska. 1992 RRC chassis conversion in the works.signature logo (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/456-109-registry-logo-sm.jpg)
#465 - todd465 - Originally red, repainted same color, found in Canton, OH). Now in Syracuse, NY
#479 (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/479-109-registry-logo.jpg) - lrover109 - Portland, Oregon.signature logo (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/479-109-registry-logo-sm.jpg)
#528 (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/528-109-registry-logo.jpg) - chardmk - Tacoma, Washington - Original 6.signature logo (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/528-109-registry-logo-sm.jpg)
#536 (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/536-109-registry-logo.jpg) - Dashface - Victoria, British Columbia - Chevy 250 conversion. signature logo (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/536-109-registry-logo-sm.jpg)
#553 (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/553-109-registry-logo.jpg) - Hank Manwell - Florida - Original 30K chassis with 170K 2.6 engine from identical truck. signature logo (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/553-109-registry-logo-sm.jpg)
#583 - Dare - Washington, Limestone, originally from CA.
#587 (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/587-109-registry-logo.jpg) - found on eBay - Santa Cruz, California - Reported to have pulled Kennedy's car from water. signature logo (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/587-109-registry-logo-sm.jpg)
#601 (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/601-109-registry-logo.jpg) - Linus Tremaine - Santa Cruz, California - Limestone - Martin Walter Dormobile Conversion. signature logo (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/601-109-registry-logo-sm.jpg)
#619 (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/619-109-registry-logo.jpg) - utahseries - Salt Lake City, Utah - She's absolutely original, Chevy 250 straight 6, and an Ashcroft high ratio tranny.signature logo (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/619-109-registry-logo-sm.jpg)
#630 - MattR - 1967 dormobile, it is #630 for the NADA registry. I was told that it was the one used in the movie Stand By Me. It is currently in pieces, with a good start on the restoration, galvinized frame etc. the dormobile is located in West Richland Washington
#633 (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/633-109-registry-logo.jpg) - Indiana - San Jose, California - Limestone - Martin Walter Dormobile Conversion 2.6 being rebuilt, truck is currently being restored. signature logo (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/633-109-registry-logo-sm.jpg)
#649 - rover109 - Bought it from Zagata FWD Center Califon NJ in Jan. 1978. 38k original miles frame up restoration over the years.
#655 (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/655-109-registry-logo.jpg) - gbrbill - low mileage, originally from Arizona, expedition equipment.signature logo (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/655-109-registry-logo-sm.jpg)
#663 - michaell - Bainbridge Island, Washington. Was used in the 1968 Mexico Olympics as a film camera truck. It was a 2.6 6cyl without an engine when I bought it 1998ish. I put in a 250 chevy and have been fairly happy with it.
#706 (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/706-109-registry-logo.jpg) - cschmitt - Western Massachusetts - For sale. signature logo (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/706-109-registry-logo-sm.jpg)
#714 (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/714-109-registry-logo.jpg) - antichrist (discoweb) - Atlanta, Georgia - Koenig PTO winch. signature logo (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/714-109-registry-logo-sm.jpg)
#716 (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/716-109-registry-logo.jpg) - sp74 - Steve, Blue Point, NY. signature logo (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/716-109-registry-logo-sm.jpg)
#717 (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/717-109-registry-logo.jpg) - patrickfoley1 - Purchased new Maryland Dealer March 1968. Being Restored Bethel, Ohio. signature logo (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/717-109-registry-logo-sm.jpg)
#733 (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/733-109-registry-logo.jpg) - Richard - California - Halfway restored. signature logo (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/733-109-registry-logo-sm.jpg)
#734 (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/734-109-registry-logo.jpg) - sailingzulu - Ontario, Canada. Shipped to Canada in '68, Safari Roof, factory 2.25l Diesel, overdrive.signature logo (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/734-109-registry-logo-sm.jpg)
#768 (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/768-109-registry-logo.jpg) - giorgio - Arkansas - Carawagen Conversion. signature logo (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/768-109-registry-logo-sm.jpg)
#772 (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/772-109-registry-logo.jpg) - raymond booth - Camano Island, Washington. Imported into Leyland Vancouver, CN in 27 Aug 1968 out 30 Aug 1968.signature logo (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/772-109-registry-logo-sm.jpg)
#798 (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/798-109-registry-logo.jpg) - rswinters - Currently for sale in the classifieds. Show vehicle, frequently used for photo shoots (some prominent accounts). Full rebuild as an expedition vehicle. Full records from the day it rolled off the showroom floor (LR traceability dept.) through first owner (orig owners manual) and complete restoration (all receipts and photo documentation).signature logo (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/798-109-registry-logo-sm.jpg)
#803 (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/803-109-registry-logo.jpg) - Diesel88 - Columbia, Missouri - Dormobile - original drivetrain 72,000 miles. signature logo (http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/803-109-registry-logo-sm.jpg)

http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/FourWheelerMagFeb1967-LandRover_Page_1A.jpg http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/FourWheelerMagFeb1967-LandRover_Page_2A.jpg http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/FourWheelerMagFeb1967-LandRover_Page_3A.jpg http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/FourWheelerMagFeb1967-LandRover_Page_4A.jpg http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/FourWheelerMagFeb1967-LandRover_Page_5A.jpg http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/FourWheelerMagFeb1967-LandRover_Page_6A.jpg http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/FourWheelerMagFeb1967-LandRover_Page_7A.jpg http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/FourWheelerMagFeb1967-LandRover_Page_8A.jpg

http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/109-registry-logos/Four-Wheeler-Mag-Feb-1967-Land-Rover-109.pdf (2.2 MB PDF)

Les Parker
11-01-2016, 12:25 PM
Nice copy of the ad. from the launch year.

Armordave
11-05-2016, 12:40 PM
Can this be posted in a PDF for we can down load it?

Nice copy of the ad. from the launch year.

todd465
11-20-2016, 09:29 AM
The instrument panel, and VIN plate on the NADA trucks is different every other year as only in 1967 these were coated with a plastic textured product. The original 1967 panels are black, not color matched to the interior. In the interest of keeping things original - does anyone have a lead on getting these bits re-coated with a similar texture coating?

clearcut
11-21-2016, 10:44 AM
HI All

See post #403 for details about dash and other issue with are NADA

josh t

todd465
11-21-2016, 07:30 PM
Many thanks josh for the info

hackneyed1
12-28-2016, 11:05 AM
The instrument panel, and VIN plate on the NADA trucks is different every other year as only in 1967 these were coated with a plastic textured product. The original 1967 panels are black, not color matched to the interior. In the interest of keeping things original - does anyone have a lead on getting these bits re-coated with a similar texture coating?

look for crinkle or wrinkle coat paint.Or bed liner spray would work.

hackneyed1
12-28-2016, 11:15 AM
Some quick NADA questions since I'm stuck at work and can't look at the truck. For the last 15 years or so, I'd guess my Rover has only been driven a few miles at a time, a few times a month. Yesterday, I got it almost to highway speed. It couldn't sustain 60. The carb started popping as if it was running lean/low on fuel. Does the 2.6L have a fuel filter? Where is it? Is it cleanable or does it get replaced? I hope it'll also help the pinging under load, but likely not- I'm afraid there may be oil build up on the pistons/valves, plus I haven't verified the timing.

Also-How do you turn the heat on? The knob on the firewall says 'r heater', I can't make out any other words. [And yes I have low expectations of 'heat']

clearcut
12-29-2016, 10:26 AM
Does the 2.6L have a fuel filter? Yes and No. It has a fuel bowl, that has a screen. Host has new ones

The carb started popping as if it was running lean/low on fuel. Please send me a picture of fuel pump.
The correct model for are NADA looks like this
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&ved=0ahUKEwiFnojd5pnRAhXjylQKHdEICYQQjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fsucarb.co.uk%2Fsu-fuel-pumps-
spares.html&psig=AFQjCNEJ_4mQgKvkCosoKU6nLfQf1c3nzw&ust=1483114641263774

Also-How do you turn the heat on? The knob on the firewall says 'r heater'

That is like your choke cable. It goes to the valve assy heater control. Host has new ones. It is under you intake manifold. My ones are push in to be on. IE Water gets to the heater block. The fan switch is on the dash panel. Up should be off. Two speed fan

Due you still have the orginal Air Silencer (air filter) Looks like a muffler.

Josh T

hackneyed1
01-02-2017, 12:05 PM
Does the 2.6L have a fuel filter? Yes and No. It has a fuel bowl, that has a screen. Host has new ones

The carb started popping as if it was running lean/low on fuel. Please send me a picture of fuel pump.
The correct model for are NADA looks like this
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&ved=0ahUKEwiFnojd5pnRAhXjylQKHdEICYQQjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fsucarb.co.uk%2Fsu-fuel-pumps-
spares.html&psig=AFQjCNEJ_4mQgKvkCosoKU6nLfQf1c3nzw&ust=1483114641263774

Also-How do you turn the heat on? The knob on the firewall says 'r heater'

That is like your choke cable. It goes to the valve assy heater control. Host has new ones. It is under you intake manifold. My ones are push in to be on. IE Water gets to the heater block. The fan switch is on the dash panel. Up should be off. Two speed fan

Due you still have the orginal Air Silencer (air filter) Looks like a muffler.

Josh T

Thanks for the reply. So the fuel bowl that you mention is the cast one on the carb with the float in it?

Re: Heat-cool after d*cking around around for way too long with the wiring, I got the heater fan to run (my whole wiring harness needs to be cleaned/replaced) when the fan ran, heat came out. Of course neither the gas gauge nor temp gauge work. Which they did until I pulled the panel to replace the speedo cable. Grounding the fuel gauge got the needle to go to the halfway mark.

Yes, I still have the original muffler/air filter housing.

clearcut
01-02-2017, 01:05 PM
[QUOTE=hackneyed1;108204]Thanks for the reply. So the fuel bowl that you mention is the cast one on the carb with the float in it?

It is glass bowl attached to the fender. Tank to Pump to Fuel Bowl to Carb. It should right next to the carb

"Grounding the fuel gauge got the needle to go to the halfway mark." Also clean all the connection on the fuse block under the bonnet. Clean connection on the motor for the temp gauge. Passenger side of engine, up front.

"my whole wiring harness needs to be cleaned/replaced" Rhode Island Wiring Service. Just had a new main harness made by them for a future Land Rover NADA project

Re: Heat-cool after d*cking around around for way too long with the wiring, I got the heater fan to run (my whole wiring harness needs to be cleaned/replaced) when the fan ran, heat came out. Of course neither the gas gauge nor temp gauge work. Which they did until I pulled the panel to replace the speedo cable. Grounding the fuel gauge got the needle to go to the halfway mark.

Yes, I still have the original muffler/air filter housing. Very hard to find those parts

josht

hackneyed1
01-07-2017, 05:45 AM
Re: Rhode Island Wiring Service: Wow. I'd never heard of them, even after some quality google time. I have an idea to make my own so I can tweak the length and make the loom easier to manage within the instrument panel. Plus, I'd like to change the fuse block (add more fuses to split the circuits-a popped fuse takes out alot of the electrics currently). But RIWS is definitely something to consider. Do I have to send them my harness to replicate or do them have them just to order?

darkstar
02-02-2017, 02:43 PM
Greetings all.
Im new to the forum, but I have been the owner of my nada for almost 25 years. Unfortunately, it has been sitting idle for a VERY long time. I cooked #6 exhaust valve on a “high speed” run on the turnpike coming home from work with the back loaded down with tools, parked it in the barn switched vehicles and just kept working and here I am over a decade later in the process of uncovering it. Time files when your having fun I guess....
Anyhow, the frame although solid, had enough surface corrosion on the front rail that I can’t seem to make out the whole of the frame number in its entirety, I’ll try to get a better look at it as time goes by, but my engine is #S34300011A which I think puts my engine at #11? I recall talking to someone at RN decades ago when I was on one of my many parts binges that told me the “S” prefix means it was factory reworked. I used it as my primary work truck for a few years and it chugged along pretty nicely until that fatal run.
So while I'm uncovering the greaseslapper and digging out my factory manuals, I thought I would reach out to the community.
Haha Here I go:
1- Does anybody happen to have a source for the intake and exhaust valves or have examples to take dimensions from to make drawings?
a. I remember talking to someone out west years ago that recommended finding a motor rebuilder that did performance rebuilds and to have valves, guides and seats made from high heat refractory alloys to help hold up to the heat. Does that make any sense?
2- Is it worth finding factory spec or aftermarket gaskets or just make them?
a. Any known sources for quality gaskets would be appreciated.
3- Have any other engine modifications been done and tested that should be considered seeing as its being opened up?
4- Is there an NADA group on the forum or just this thread?
All for now.
Have a Great Day!

hackneyed1
02-03-2017, 07:47 AM
Greetings all.
Im new to the forum, but I have been the owner of my nada for almost 25 years. Unfortunately, it has been sitting idle for a VERY long time. I cooked #6 exhaust valve on a “high speed” run on the turnpike coming home from work with the back loaded down with tools, parked it in the barn switched vehicles and just kept working and here I am over a decade later in the process of uncovering it. Time files when your having fun I guess....
Anyhow, the frame although solid, had enough surface corrosion on the front rail that I can’t seem to make out the whole of the frame number in its entirety, I’ll try to get a better look at it as time goes by, but my engine is #S34300011A which I think puts my engine at #11? I recall talking to someone at RN decades ago when I was on one of my many parts binges that told me the “S” prefix means it was factory reworked. I used it as my primary work truck for a few years and it chugged along pretty nicely until that fatal run.
So while I'm uncovering the greaseslapper and digging out my factory manuals, I thought I would reach out to the community.
Haha Here I go:
1- Does anybody happen to have a source for the intake and exhaust valves or have examples to take dimensions from to make drawings?
a. I remember talking to someone out west years ago that recommended finding a motor rebuilder that did performance rebuilds and to have valves, guides and seats made from high heat refractory alloys to help hold up to the heat. Does that make any sense?
2- Is it worth finding factory spec or aftermarket gaskets or just make them?
a. Any known sources for quality gaskets would be appreciated.
3- Have any other engine modifications been done and tested that should be considered seeing as its being opened up?
4- Is there an NADA group on the forum or just this thread?
All for now.
Have a Great Day!
122051220612207 Welcome back to NADA land. I'll bet most of the responses will be just to do a motor swap for something lighter/faster/more parts available. One guy on this forum had his motor meticulously gone through recently. So he'll likely give you all of the answers you seek. I really like your intake plenum delete. It opens up the whole engine bay. I'm going to have to look at doing that. I wonder if I have any of those old round air filters left over from my Volvo 122S days....

darkstar
02-03-2017, 12:15 PM
Thanks for touching base. The air filter was sitting around the barn from some other project. There was no intake plenum, just a piece of stocking or something stretched over it when I got it. I just saw a plenum on ebay for 600.00 and then another showed up for 130.00 bucks both touting the infamous "RARE" heading. Yeah, either way I don't think so..
I would be up for an engine swap as long as it didn't get too involved. It would be interesting to see how it costed out compared to the cost of a rebuild. I have gone over just about everything else but the cosmetics and the engine at this point.

hackneyed1
02-10-2017, 08:31 AM
Thanks for touching base. The air filter was sitting around the barn from some other project. There was no intake plenum, just a piece of stocking or something stretched over it when I got it. I just saw a plenum on ebay for 600.00 and then another showed up for 130.00 bucks both touting the infamous "RARE" heading. Yeah, either way I don't think so..
I would be up for an engine swap as long as it didn't get too involved. It would be interesting to see how it costed out compared to the cost of a rebuild. I have gone over just about everything else but the cosmetics and the engine at this point.

Darkstar-I sent you a PM (private message) with some of the answers that you're looking for. -Hackneyed1

wrellis
02-17-2017, 11:21 AM
Hi Folks, I want to update the registry for 803. I purchased 34300803A from a fellow in Missouri a few years back. Much work to do.

If anyone has leads on a set of badges I'd be grateful.

Regards,
William

Armordave
03-09-2017, 04:37 AM
On the Landrover Series 2 FB pages a gentleman states that the compression ratio on the 2.6 NADA engine is 10.5:1. No literature that I have seen states that figure. I am not disputing it, however I have not seen that CR in any of the references I have seen, or on these pages. He references the book "Landrover: 65 years of the 4x4" by James Taylor. (I've ordered the book so I can read it for myself). Don't know if I should consider that the most credible source or not. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

clearcut
03-09-2017, 10:11 AM
Here is a link on the 1967 NADA with the 2.6L Motor

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8OQHv2GHu5FeURDaW9HOElEaWs/view?usp=sharing

See page 18

Josh T:)

Armordave
03-09-2017, 05:57 PM
Here is a link on the 1967 NADA with the 2.6L Motor

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8OQHv2GHu5FeURDaW9HOElEaWs/view?usp=sharing

See page 18

Josh T:)

Yea he beat me up when I referred to that article. Says it is wrong, I was wrong etc. he is a big believer in James Taylors book which he says, in the revised edition, lists the 10.5:1 number. I just read and like to know the facts, whatever they are.

patrickfoley1
03-11-2017, 12:02 PM
I am quoting from the Owners Instruction Manual, Part No 4846 U.K Edition. Page Twenty Nine... Mid Page

Engine, 6-cylinder Petrol models
Bore 3.063 in. (77,8 mm)
Stroke 3.625 in. (92,075 mm)
Cylinder capacity 160.3 cu in. (2,625 cc)
Compression Ratio:
Except North American dollar area 109 Station Wagon 7.0:1
North American dollar area 109 Station Wagon 8.8:1
This Part Number was issued October 1966

clearcut
03-11-2017, 06:23 PM
Can you post the front page?

Now many pages is it?

patrickfoley1
03-12-2017, 12:57 PM
Joshua;
It has 43 Pages. The front page provides little information. The top 2/3 of the page is white and states: LAND-ROVER
Owner's Instruction Manual
Incorporating Service Guide
The Bottom 1/3 is Green and states:
THE ROVER CO. LTD
SOLIHULL
WARWICKSHIRE
ENGLAND email me if you want more information. redbrush2@yahoo.com Jim Chandler

clearcut
03-20-2017, 09:52 AM
Hi Patrick

What is the timing to be? 6 degs?

patrickfoley1
03-21-2017, 10:49 AM
Hi Joshua,

6 deg BTDC is correct.

Jim Chandler (patrick foley 1)

I should have added that the use of Premium (Hi-Octane) fuel is specified. At the time this engine was developed it was possible to obtain Aviation 100 octane gas. I'm sure that some people experimented with that fuel.

Jim

janajasa
04-24-2017, 09:48 AM
Jeremy

just wanted to update you - 34300179A is back on the road in Massachusetts

License plate x321 - 1966.

jay

TimberPig
05-20-2017, 10:05 PM
I have just acquired #34300776. It has spent much of its life tromping around the wilds of BC, and shows it. Lots of dents, custom work, Buick power steering conversion and a Chevy six swapped (230 or 250, not sure which yet as I just pulled it home on a trailer today). The frame is in tough shape and needs lots of repairs, and the footwells are ventilated as well, but otherwise is mostly complete and in good enough shape for a starting place for a rebuild. Not going for a concours restoration given the past customizations, but to clean it up enough to be a decent, reliable driver to go along with my '71 SIIA 88". This will be a project over the next few years with my two sons, who never got to know their grandpa (my dad passed away when I was only a little older than they are now, and my 88" was bought new by my dad) but are on a path for the Series Land Rover Illness he was infected with.

The truck nearly ended up chopped up for parts to build another truck, but a change in plans has resulted in me getting the truck instead, with plans to rebuild it rather than parting it.

Armordave
05-21-2017, 04:57 PM
Who updates the registry? Is the "volunteer" still doing it? I posted my acquisition of #768 last year and several have been noted since then. Is there a place I should be looking to other than this thread? I know there was a time when you could get a certificate or coffee mug. Finally any idea on how complete this registry is, how many still exist?

patrickfoley1
05-22-2017, 09:57 AM
There have been changes to the format over the years, and based on that have concluded that someone at Rovers North runs this Forum. I have not seen the page upon which I am writing before. My most recent Post was 03/21/2017, so someone has worked on the format since then.

Have fun with your acquisition.

Jim Chandler

Les Parker
05-22-2017, 01:01 PM
Yes, Thompson is on it !
Apologies in the time lag, though he'll get all the outstanding data updated soonest.
:cool:

Les

RN Admin
05-22-2017, 01:19 PM
Who updates the registry? Is the "volunteer" still doing it? I posted my acquisition of #768 last year and several have been noted since then. Is there a place I should be looking to other than this thread? I know there was a time when you could get a certificate or coffee mug. Finally any idea on how complete this registry is, how many still exist?

Greetings, stay tuned for updates on the registry first page soon.

@Armordave - I will add you to the list. We used to have mugs available, unfortunately these are no longer. For now, the only certificate is the listing on the first page of the forum registry and a digital sticker I will personally design with your number. These can be printed out and used on your Series 109. I also make a smaller version so you can add this to your forum registration below your sign-off. Hope this helps.

Cheers, Thompson

Armordave
05-22-2017, 06:21 PM
Greetings, stay tuned for updates on the registry first page soon.

@Armordave - I will add you to the list. We used to have mugs available, unfortunately these are no longer. For now, the only certificate is the listing on the first page of the forum registry and a digital sticker I will personally design with your number. These can be printed out and used on your Series 109. I also make a smaller version so you can add this to your forum registration below your sign-off. Hope this helps.

Cheers, Thompson

Very nice. I appreciate the response. Let me know if you need anything (including money for the digital sticker) from me for your kind service to this group.

Paul and Judson
05-23-2017, 05:27 AM
Thank you for your response and work on this project. I contacted you with info of my NADA 109 a while back. Just wanted to make sure you still had my info. #527 in Kennebunkport, ME. Original Weslake 6. Complete. Runs well. Putting on finishing touches of restoration.

Paul and Judson

RN Admin
05-23-2017, 09:01 AM
Thank you for your response and work on this project. I contacted you with info of my NADA 109 a while back. Just wanted to make sure you still had my info. #527 in Kennebunkport, ME. Original Weslake 6. Complete. Runs well. Putting on finishing touches of restoration.

Paul and Judson

Greetings, I spent the afternoon yesterday going through the entire thread and searching for updates and in your case inclusion to the registry. Yes, I have all the latest information.

RN Admin
05-23-2017, 09:04 AM
Very nice. I appreciate the response. Let me know if you need anything (including money for the digital sticker) from me for your kind service to this group.

You're welcome. I'll investigate if we could provide actual printed stickers to purchase for each vehicle and I'm sure I can design a proper official certificate. Stay tuned.

RN Admin
05-23-2017, 03:28 PM
First page of the registry is updated. Please review and let me know if there are any details I missed.

clearcut
05-23-2017, 03:53 PM
You're welcome. I'll investigate if we could provide actual printed stickers to purchase for each vehicle and I'm sure I can design a proper official certificate. Stay tuned.

Where does one find this list?

thanks

josh

RN Admin
05-23-2017, 03:59 PM
Where does one find this list?

thanks

josh

Hi Josh, the registry is on the first page of this thread, here
http://forums.roversnorth.com/showthread.php?3420-109-NADA-Registry

lrover109
06-28-2017, 12:16 AM
Hey all -have a quick question running th 2.6 with the SU carb and while no problems when I start it when it is cold - after it heats up it seems like it is flooding - after I drive for 20-30 min then pop into a store for 15 20 Minutes - it is difficult to start so have been traveling with a can of starter fluid and a couple squirts and it will start
Checked the float / the needle valve
Cleaned the banjo - vent pipes
Fuel pump is low pressure facet
Only new thing added in the last little while was an alternator and it was same amp rating as the one before
Andrew

clearcut
06-28-2017, 06:13 AM
HI

what fuel pump are you running?

Due have damper oil filled to the proper height?

josh

lrover109
07-01-2017, 11:11 PM
Sorry - facet gold the lowest pressure - listed as the replace the
took the carb off a gave a good soak of the vent off of the float chamber and replaced the washers (fiber and aluminum ones) on the banjo and seems to have cleared up the problem

bfein1075
07-12-2017, 05:24 PM
Hi,

I just acquired 176. Poppy Red. Bought new in Altadena, California. The owner chose to pick it up in the UK and drive it on a family vacation. It traveled around europe including making it to Istanbul before it was shipped home. Current owner had the transmission go in the 80s. It's been sitting ever since minus the transmission and transfer case.

Truck came with it's original order form, import docs, UK registration (plate is still on the truck). Amazingly enough I found the original owner who is 86. She is going to send me some pics from her ownership.

Goal is to get it back on the road.

RN Admin
07-13-2017, 09:30 AM
Hi,

I just acquired 176. Poppy Red. Bought new in Altadena, California. The owner chose to pick it up in the UK and drive it on a family vacation. It traveled around europe including making it to Istanbul before it was shipped home. Current owner had the transmission go in the 80s. It's been sitting ever since minus the transmission and transfer case.

Truck came with it's original order form, import docs, UK registration (plate is still on the truck). Amazingly enough I found the original owner who is 86. She is going to send me some pics from her ownership.

Goal is to get it back on the road.

This sounds cool, keep us all posted on photos and any more documentation you acquire.

lumpydog
07-13-2017, 12:37 PM
Nice! Def post pics. Let us know what more you learn about the truck

bfein1075
07-13-2017, 04:46 PM
Some pics

Sorry for them being sideways

RN Admin
07-20-2017, 10:27 AM
Registry list has been updated, #176 added (congratulations, looks awesome!) and other details adjusted.

Richard
07-21-2017, 12:21 AM
I'm rebuilding the underseat battery box on my NADA 109. Mine left few clues. I have a couple of questions:
1) Where was the solenoid mounted?
2) Where does the negative grounding strap attach? I assume it routes through one of the holes then to the frame.

If someone has a picture showing the routing inside the seat box, that would be very helpful.

Thanks,
-Richard

patrickfoley1
07-31-2017, 11:51 AM
See if the attached drawing works/Users/jimchandler/Desktop/Page 74 General Electrical Equipment.pdf If it doesn't go through email me at redbrush2@yahoo.com

bfein1075
08-10-2017, 01:00 PM
Couple questions:
1. Where is the easiest place to get an air filter?
2. I need to remove my ignition (missing key), anyone have a recommendation for a good tool for the lockring that won't mare it up?

Thanks

clearcut
08-10-2017, 07:37 PM

Here is a picture on Blue's engine Please send a me a copy of what you have

patrickfoley1
08-11-2017, 10:25 AM
I have sent an email to an old source in the UK that knows our engine inside and out. We have not communicated in 7 years, so I'm checking to see if he is still operating. I'll ask about the availability of our air filters. Do you just need the filter, or do you also need the housing? email me at redbrush2@yahoo.com.
Regards,
Jim Chandler

bfein1075
08-11-2017, 12:17 PM
I just need the paper filter. Great pic for reference though.

bfein1075
08-11-2017, 12:20 PM

Here is a picture on Blue's engine Please send a me a copy of what you have

Ah, I've seen your trucks on instagram. Very nice. I have obviously the same stock set up. Well I'm missing the brake reservoir!! Probably need one of those before my truck moves.

clearcut
08-12-2017, 07:28 AM
here is the part number I use

https://www.johnwearingp4parts.co.uk/prodimages/532138.jpg

you can buy here the use

John is a great guy.. We have a Rover Car Motor He has parts!!!

josh

clearcut
08-12-2017, 07:36 AM

Armordave
08-13-2017, 01:03 PM
12392The covers are not that easy to find. While doing the refurbishments on my truck i took mine out of the area and put it in a safe place so as to avoid a mishap (predictable is preventable)

hackneyed1
08-13-2017, 06:28 PM
Couple questions:
1. Where is the easiest place to get an air filter?
2. I need to remove my ignition (missing key), anyone have a recommendation for a good tool for the lockring that won't mare it up?

Thanks
lock ring tools can be found on ebay and such for pretty cheap since Lucas switches were used by everyone. What part of the country are you in, if you're local to me (MD/DC) I can let you borrow one. A great alternative are snap ring pliers, esp the 90 degree ones.

hackneyed1
08-13-2017, 06:35 PM
Another NADA guy here took his whole intake plenum off. Look back the last couple of pages for a picture of his engine bay. I think I'm going to copy him. A K&N 56-9145 should work.

bfein1075
08-14-2017, 06:12 PM
here is the part number I use

https://www.johnwearingp4parts.co.uk/prodimages/532138.jpg

you can buy here the use

John is a great guy.. We have a Rover Car Motor He has parts!!!

josh

Thanks!

I got the ignition out with lock ring pliars which was easy. Always looking for the right tools thought. Will order a filter.

ninezero
08-21-2017, 04:22 PM
Hi all,

If there comes a time when anyone on this thread contemplates selling their 67' NADA 109, please consider contacting me.

Cheers,

bfein1075
08-25-2017, 11:40 AM
Hi all,

If there comes a time when anyone on this thread contemplates selling their 67' NADA 109, please consider contacting me.

Cheers,

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/f8/1-of-811-1966-series-2a-nada-6-cylinder-116105.html#post1919358505

patrickfoley1
08-27-2017, 12:04 PM
I do not know how to initiate a Thread. In 7 years I've only responded to threads. I recently "found" my mis-placed "WORKSHOP MANUAL SUPPLEMENT" Covering The 109 STATION WAGON with 2.6 liter 6-cylinder engine. It is broken down into sections. Some I uploaded into my iMac last year. Over time I'll probably upload it in it's entirety. It will be at least a full days effort. If anyone needs sections (A-Engine Unit; AO Lubrication System;
B Clutch; H Braking System; M Fuel System; P Electrical System; Q Instruments and Controls; T Heating System.) let me know, and I'll forward it in pdf.

Jim Chandler (patrickfoley1) (redbrush2@yahoo.com)

bfein1075
09-01-2017, 05:49 PM

Today I met up with the guy I bought my 109 so he could give me the speedo and some paperwork. I've attached a few pics of the speedo he gave me. I'm not sure why it was out. He couldn't remember either. Based on the part number on it, I know it is a correct one for a NADA but according to my paperwork for the truck, the original owner ordered a speedo with trip. I asked the guy I got the truck form about it and he said it didn't have it when he got it. He had never seen one. So the question is, if I want to go back to how it was ordered, does anyone know the part number for the speedo with trip for a nada? I can't seem to figure it out based on the parts catalog. None of them listed mention trip mileage.

Thanks

o2batsea
09-05-2017, 06:49 AM
What year is your truck? Only the early ones had trip. The one in your pic with the idiot lights is from a later truck like post 1968.

lumpydog
09-05-2017, 10:00 AM
If your 109 is a 1967, then that speedo pictured in your post is the correct speedo and was introduced in 67 I believe. The number 1408 (on the lower right face) was specific to long wheelbase models as they shipped with 16 inch tires and needed different internal gearing so the speedo was accurate and the odometer ticked over correctly at each mile.

Trip was not a common feature until the series 3 trucks but was an option on earlier 2A models. The reset button protruded through the bottom of the metal dash in the 2a application.

Not sure of the part number, but an example can be found here (http://gunsandrovers.com/showthread.php?t=6779&highlight=trip+odometer)

bfein1075
09-05-2017, 04:14 PM
My truck is a 67. The part number on the face of my speedo is correct per NADA parts manual. The issue is if you look at the build sheet for my truck you will see the truck was ordered with a trip.

lumpydog
09-05-2017, 05:12 PM
My truck is a 67. The part number on the face of my speedo is correct per NADA parts manual. The issue is if you look at the build sheet for my truck you will see the truck was ordered with a trip.

That's harder to solve for. The prior owner(s) are really all you have left to rely on for that info. Its possible it was ordered with the trip function but was not delivered with it for any number of reasons. Or, at some point the speedo with the trip function broke and was replaced with the one you have now.

bfein1075
09-06-2017, 03:25 PM
That's harder to solve for. The prior owner(s) are really all you have left to rely on for that info. Its possible it was ordered with the trip function but was not delivered with it for any number of reasons. Or, at some point the speedo with the trip function broke and was replaced with the one you have now.

I'm not trying to figure out what happened to it. I just want the part number for the correct one with the trip. The NADA one without the trip is a specific part number so I assume the trip one is too.

clearcut
09-06-2017, 08:49 PM

i will confirm with picture

but site says i am out of room for more
pictures how due i fix this issue?