PDA

View Full Version : 90 RRC County won't start.

VA Rover
03-19-2008, 09:56 AM
Hi, I am at my wit's end with my Rover. Last fall I was out and I blew a brake line (rear to caliper), at the same exact time my engine stalled out. Since, I haven't been able to start it. I have replaced the fuel pump and can hear it start up for a few second when I turn the key. I have swapped out both the relays and checked the fuel pump fuse, still nada. I am getting a spark, in fact it starts if I blast some starter fluid into the plenum. I have also made sure that the inertia switch is down and it is. I have a new brake line coming today and I am wondering if the brakes have any relation, perhaps a protective check that if the brake pressure is shot it won't start. If anyone has any advise it would be GREATLY appreciated. What am I missing?, it was running flawless prior to this. Thanks.:eek:

Peerless
04-13-2008, 09:17 PM
small resistor in harness, peel back carpet next to tunnel on passenger side, expose harness, look for little black 8ohm resistor, replace with cheapy from Radio Shack.http://www.britishv8.org/Articles/Images-V15-1/Rover-EFI-S.jpg

I spent 3 days figuring this one out....