PDA

View Full Version : does this look like a fair price?

ReCurve
03-21-2008, 06:58 PM
any opinion apriceated

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/car/612945030.html

Firemanshort
03-21-2008, 07:14 PM
At first, I would say yes - because a truck from AZ could be a real rust-free gem. Then I looked at the photos and saw the home-made rear cross member and the missing door tops. Those things make me think that further investigation is needed.

msggunny
03-21-2008, 07:40 PM
O, you need to go see it. But its not bad for the price, he might let it go for $800 less than he is asking for.

But yeah, the rear cross member is a serious "o crap" flag to me too.

swingkeel
03-21-2008, 07:54 PM
I don't think it's worth more than 500 bucks, but I always tend to think that they are worth much less than the asking price. Bum tranny - out of the truck, suspect rear frame, who knows what else.

The Gunny is right, you can NEVER tell just by looking at pictures. You have to go see them. It's part off the fun anyway. Just don't be so quick to offer cash.

Good Luck.

Michael

leafsprung
03-21-2008, 09:47 PM
I don't think it's worth more than 500 bucks

Id be glad to buy all of the 500 dollar rovers you can find in comperable shape. :)

you can NEVER tell just by looking at pictures.

You actually can, you just have to know what you are looking for/at. Ive probably bought 4 or 5 dozen sight unseen. Never been disappointed. Ask the right questions, and pay no more than its worth in the worst case scenario. . .

4flattires
03-22-2008, 09:46 PM
..the owner have to say about it (other than what is in the ad).

Have you seen it in person?

Jeff