PDA

View Full Version : On the block

jp-
03-23-2008, 10:48 PM
A sad day. I have put my little 88" up on the ebay block. This isn't really a plug, so I'm not going to post the number.

I wish I didn't have to, but I really need to get the rest of the fleet in good nick. (Plus I need another new Ducati:))

Oh by the way, I couldn't make it over today Daurie, but I'd love to see the S3 you have as well.

Momo
03-23-2008, 11:40 PM
Too bad. I would hate to part with that rig.

I looked over the auction pics and it looks sweet. I have always liked Land Rovers with body colored tops and wheels, and the gray looks particularly nice... a perfect period look. The truck seems very well maintained & really captures the simplicity and utility of a series Land Rover.

Good luck with the auction, hope it goes to a worthy party.

thixon
03-24-2008, 09:10 AM
Stinks that your selling. Someone will get a nice truck.

Which Ducati are you drooling over (Its not a Paul Smart is it?)?

scott
03-24-2008, 11:36 AM
jp

i just check ebay and didn't see your truck. i thought i'd tell a friend about it but couldn't find it to tell him

jp-
03-24-2008, 12:37 PM
Item number: 300209170298

jp-
03-24-2008, 12:38 PM
Stinks that your selling. Someone will get a nice truck.

Which Ducati are you drooling over (Its not a Paul Smart is it?)?

Either the 848 or an S4RS.

Tim Smith
03-24-2008, 01:04 PM
You've just got to tell the buyer to join this list!

Bostonian1976
03-24-2008, 02:44 PM
is this the one you pulled home with the Saturn?

what a great looking truck - someone will be lucky to get it. what are you putting money towards instead?

Tim Smith
03-24-2008, 03:43 PM
is this the one you pulled home with the Saturn?

what a great looking truck - someone will be lucky to get it. what are you putting money towards instead?
Yeah, and how is that Saturn doing compaired to the rover? :D

Looks like your auction is getting some good interest! Good for you.

Bostonian1976
03-24-2008, 04:07 PM
jp, how long did it take you to restore the truck? you did a great job....

jp-
03-24-2008, 04:18 PM
jp, how long did it take you to restore the truck? you did a great job....

Thanks guys. It turned out well. It took me about a year and six months, but it seems like it's never finished. If you can't tell, I do have a mild case of shipfitters disease. Yes this is the one that was pulled home with the Saturn. The Saturn now belongs to my brother in Iowa, and is doing well. He did get rear ended by a big Lincoln that destroyed the hitch, but otherwise left the car undamaged (aside from the area where the hitch mounting bolts tore out). The Saturn will never have a hitch again. So the last thing it pulled was the 88".

I thought I would mention that they totaled the car out due to the hitch bolt tearout holes. They paid my brother $2400 and he kept the car. I welded up and painted the damaged holes in about 1 hour. Insurance adjusters = dumb.

Bostonian1976
03-24-2008, 04:24 PM
Thanks guys. It turned out well. It took me about a year and six months, but it seems like it's never finished. If you can't tell, I do have a mild case of shipfitters disease. Yes this is the one that was pulled home with the Saturn. The Saturn now belongs to my brother in Iowa, and is doing well. He did get rear ended by a big Lincoln that destroyed the hitch, but otherwise left the car undamaged (aside from the area where the hitch mounting bolts tore out). The Saturn will never have a hitch again. So the last thing it pulled was the 88".

still amazes me. I drive an SL2 all the time and I can't even imagine pulling a 4000 lb anything behind it...

my FJ even struggled a bit to get my station wagon home...ha.