PDA

View Full Version : Where to get a 200tdi motor

Zook
12-04-2006, 02:53 PM
My 2.25 diesel just is not cutting it anymore. Is there anyone out there who has a ready to go tdi motor or knows where to get one? Thanks much.

singingcamel
12-05-2006, 11:55 AM
Paul Safari in toronto canada may have a source ,i do not know if he's still in business.marc

yorker
12-05-2006, 02:39 PM
http://britrest.com/

They were going to quit rover work after that accident at their shop but now it looks like they might still be working.

Matt Nelson

Dan Dixon
12-05-2006, 09:28 PM
Try Google "ebay uk". That takes you on a trip to England. There you can drool over all the rovers that our Uncle Sam says we cannot have. You should be able to browse related parts there. Or you can go down to Barnes & Noble, the one across the street from the old post office in the mall where the statue of eros is in front of Jamba Juice. They have "Land Rover Owner" (I think that is the name) magazine. It is a British Magazine, so shipping may be of issue there as well. 200tdi motors were never imported in vehicles sold in US (I think)
The Kind folks at Rovers North tell me in the event you do find such an engine you will have to relocate the battery and move a motor mount. Maybe a few other minor things. If you want to get rid of your diesel motor, let me know.