PDA

View Full Version : looking for locker feedback

glbft1
03-28-2008, 08:28 AM
I have a 93 lwb with lift and wanted to put a detroit locker in the rear end . anybody have any feedback on this application?? I am trying to decide between a full locker or trutrac want the detroit trying to get the most for my $$$ I use this as my dd and also out in the woods I do not want any nasty suprises driving on the road in slick conditions :eek: just want to make my 93 a little more rugged for those excursions:D
Thanks
Greg

I Leak Oil
03-28-2008, 04:46 PM
For a DD I'd suggest the Tru-Trac, or a selectable locker. If you really want a detroit I'd find someone with one and take the truck for a test drive to make sure you're OK with it. It won't be money well spent if you're not sure about it after you put it in. As for slippery roads, especially snow, my truck handles better in open diff mode than locked for sure. My ARB makes my truck very unpredictable on snowy roads. I have a series truck with a shorter wheel base so it might be a little different than a RRC. You won't have the option of unlocking the diff with a Detroit.
Jason T.