PDA

View Full Version : ludwig is alive/runs again

autoguy
03-29-2008, 11:06 PM
god ludwig running again :D turns out the PO had not installed the gear on the distributor right and it had jumped timing 180, well we pulled the dizzy and dad saw a gear in the dizzy hole and pulled out the gear/piece that fits to the bottom of the dizzy, put it back on the dizzy and it would not fit easy so he got the small persuader :) aka the small ball-peen hammer, a couple of taps and it fit proper

stuck the dizzy back in and set the timing and he fired right up, and the miss is gone now too and i would almost bet the knock is gone too but we ran out of time so we could not check that

thank you, everyone for your help diagnosing Ludwig's problem :) :cheers:

Tim Smith
03-30-2008, 08:32 AM
Congratulations! See how much fun it is when you figure it out and get the beast running again?

I hope your knock is gone. It would stink to walk straight into a bottom end rebuild.

autoguy
03-31-2008, 12:09 AM
Congratulations! See how much fun it is when you figure it out and get the beast running again?

I hope your knock is gone. It would stink to walk straight into a bottom end rebuild.

thanks, fun it was, frustrating as hell too :)

the knock was gone until we changed the plugs to auto lights, because two of the four new bosch plugs i ordered died/ have an orange spark and ludwig runs bad with them in

we are going to play with the timing monday if its not raining somethin fierce, which it is supposed to