PDA

View Full Version : 4WD HI Stuck, shifter in 2WD??

m38inmaine
04-03-2008, 11:59 AM
Put the transfer in hi 4wd the light came on, pulled lever back to rear right hand position, normal setting and the light stays on and it stays in 4wd as evident by hard turning. I have tried back and forth, shifting in and out and it still stays in 4wd. Any ideas? Or better yet anyone looking for a 95 disco cheap? Thanks.

Mark

Les Parker
04-03-2008, 02:08 PM
Try backing up for 30 feet, after trying from the passengers side, to pull the transfer lever as far to the right as you can.
I know my DI is a real pain after some 4WD-ing.

PS. How cheap is cheap?

m38inmaine
04-06-2008, 12:08 PM
Tried it last night, a good long straight reverse and it worked! I had reversed earlier but just a few feet. $500 is the price. Thanks for the advice. Long time Rovers North customer.

Mark

solihull109
04-06-2008, 01:56 PM
Put the transfer in hi 4wd the light came on, pulled lever back to rear right hand position, normal setting and the light stays on and it stays in 4wd as evident by hard turning. I have tried back and forth, shifting in and out and it still stays in 4wd. Any ideas? Or better yet anyone looking for a 95 disco cheap? Thanks.

Mark
Are you serious?...the truck is full time 4wd. You don't have the option of 2wd.
You have high and low, that's it.
You might mean you still have the center diff locked, but you'll still be in 4wd.