PDA

View Full Version : WAXOYL Question

siii8873
04-06-2008, 10:36 AM
I'm preparing to give my SIII a waxoyl/Hardwax treatment. There is very little information on the can of these products. After applying the hardwax what solvent should be used to clean the gun? I tried denatured alcohol as a test and it didn't seem to touch the hardwax when dry. What about the waxoyl? What gun pressures should be used for the two products?
Thanks
Bob

Terrys
04-06-2008, 12:04 PM
I used acetone, modified HVLP gun.

TSR53
04-06-2008, 07:58 PM
Here are the recommended application FAQ info from
http://www.waxoyl-usa.com. Waxoyl 120-4 can be used for cleanup.

Hardwax
• Optimal product temperature for application is 70º F. Do not apply product at less than 59 F. Optimal ambient temperatures for application are between 41 F and 104 F.
• Shake 5-liter tins and Aerosol cans well. 58 Liter drums can be mixed, if necessary, by blowing air using the HRS Gun and the long wand.
• When using the HW-98 gun, apply using approximately 48 PSI. Pressure can be adjusted slightly to compensate for the products viscosity which is determined by temperature, i.e. if the Hardwax is hot you may find it is wise to slightly turn the pressure down for material economy. When using the HW 98 gun to apply take special care not to greatly exceed recommended pressure as it could damage the equipment.
• Recommended areas for application on passenger vehicle: all underbody surfaces EXCEPT: Exhaust, motor, transmission, transfer case (ect.) drive shaft, and fuel tank (as increased insolation could encourage condensation inside tank).
• Remove over-spray with white spirits, Waxoyl 120-4, or vegetable oil.

120-4 Waxoyl Professional
• Shake 5-liter tins and Aerosol cans well. 58 Liter drums can be mixed, if necessary, by blowing air using the HRS Gun and the long wand.
• Apply using approximately 100 PSI for fogging cavities. For surface application use 60 PSI. Pressure can be adjusted slightly to compensate for the products viscosity which is determined by temperature, i.e. if the product is hot you may find it is wise turn the pressure down slightly for material economy.
• Optimal product temperature for application is 70 F. Do not apply product at less than 59 F. Optimal ambient temperatures for application are between 41 F and 104 F.
• Product dries clear, however if applied too thickly it appears pink and can attract dirt. Optimal performance can be achieved with only 60 NM film thickness, so for material economy purposes and cleanliness it is wise to not over apply.