PDA

View Full Version : 1995 Disco will not start

mickeyb89
04-08-2008, 10:31 AM
I have a 1995 lr disco that wil not start. I have checked the spark, I have spark. I have fuel to the engine. What else is there to check? It started about 10 days ago a ran really rough, real shaky. Then I tried to start it a few das later it tried to start but would not. Now there is no bang at all, so I dunno. The starter whines like normal but no bang.

qmueller
04-17-2018, 04:28 PM
I'm in the same boat, do you have a 3.9 or 4.0liter? I have a 3.9. If you have a 4.0 likely the crank position sensor issue. 3.9 does not appear to have one so I'm looking for help too. Spray some MAS friendly starting fluid in the Airbox and see if it starts. If it does you know you still have a fuel issue. If not and you have spark it's a timing issue. If its does start but then dies without spray fuel, check pressure in the fuel rail, 34-39psi, then check for voltage at the injectors, should be very similar to your battery voltage. Ive checked all that and mine starts with spray fuel but didn't run a second after I stop spraying. 3.9 has no crank sensor I can find. Maybe a ECU issue but I feel they're commonly unnecessarily replaced too often so I'm checking all the rest. Lmk what ya find out. Good luck.