PDA

View Full Version : Chassis number picture needed.

Exploded Rover
04-15-2008, 03:11 PM
Hey all.
I want to stamp my chassis number on the repair I have made to the chassis of my 1969 88" IIA. I have the number off the bulkhead plate, but there was no trace of it stamped on the 'swiss cheese' that went for the front horn. I have read that is is supposed to be on the outboard side of the front horn by the spring hanger but that is a little vague and would like make my stamping to look as original as possible. So, if anyone could be so kind as to post a picture for me, please do. Feel free to paint out the actual number if you don't want to share it with the world. Thanks for the help.
John

greenmeanie
04-15-2008, 05:10 PM
The htread below brings up a question about my 109. On a 1967 truck where would the VIN # be located. I know about the one on the chassis but where would the plates be located on a NADA 109. On my '71 there is a plate in the door jamb and also one screwed to the bulkhead. I can't even find any holes where they would have been on the '67.

As far as I can tell they are missing on my truck which could lead to some fun when it comes time to register it. If they are missing, are ther blanks available to make up new ones?

Cheers
Gregor.

greenmeanie
04-15-2008, 06:04 PM
Sorry for the thread hijack. That question was supposed to be a new thread by itself.

Leslie
04-16-2008, 08:57 PM
A) I don't have a pic, but to describe it a bit better...

With the front right wheel turned (or better, put a jack stand under there and remove the wheel).... First, note the sidewall of the chassis. Then look at the front spring hanger. It's a plate welded onto the sidewall of the chassis. Towards of the bottom of that plate, there's a bit of an offset toward the outside, just above the spring bushing. Above the offest, on the plate, is where the number should be.

http://www.landroverclub.net/Club/Series/Chassis%20nr%20Bernard.jpg

B) Our hosts here at RN don't have them (last I checked); however, BP has reproductions of them http://www.landroverparts.us/seriesLandRover/s_cat_pages/bp_series_cat76.pdf

Exploded Rover
04-17-2008, 01:56 PM
Oh! So its on the spring hanger plate itself, and not the chassis rail some where next to the hanger?