PDA

View Full Version : Hi from a newbie in Australia

banjo
04-23-2008, 12:22 AM
hi my name is jason everybody calls me (banjo) cause i play a 5sting banjo not very good but i am having fun with it.i am rebuilding a 73 series 3 LWB at the moment, i brought this 1 as i missed my last 1 witch was a 69 S2a LWB.this will 1 will be 7th or 8th yeah i kinder like the series rovers.this 1 has been converted to full power steering from a 60 series toyota ,defender seat,door rubbers & rear door.also duel brakes,rangrover steering colum..sports steering wheel.i had to replace the front dumb irons,i also cutout the gearbox x member & now it bolts in so can get it out without removing the seatbox & floor.
ok here is some pics of my last one let me know what use think.
well maybe not it says they to big.OK then this link shows all the build pics of latest one & a couple of the last one witch is the yellow one.hope i get this right..
http://s247.photobucket.com/albums/gg122/mebanjo/
hey let me know what use think of it sofar, i have come close to parting with it so many times it not funny..but i think i will finish it ..:eek: :eek: :mad:

LaneRover
04-23-2008, 10:11 AM
Looks like you got yourself a nice Rover!

Tim Smith
04-23-2008, 11:21 AM
Welcome aboard!

Not sure if I understood this correctly but it sounds like you've moved state side and have brought the 109 with you. Cool.

I should warn you though, depending on what part of the country you're in, we have something very nasty called rust. Keep your eye out and if you see sand on the roads you're driving, most likely there is salt in it. :eek:

Cheers,
Tim