PDA

View Full Version : About to have a crazy adventure...

Dashface
04-26-2008, 02:09 PM
Well guys, I've got to get Mr. Grumbles to the mechanic's today... The mechanic's is about thirty kilometers away. I couldn't get it towed because I don't have full insurance on it. I couldn't get full insurance because I don't have a void cheque. I couldn't get a void cheque because the bank is closed on Saturday. So instead I have a day pass for insurance, just for today. That's the setup.

Here's the kicker, though - Mr. Grumbles has a leaky fuel tank and a radiator that's too small for the engine. This could be good times. I'm taking lots of extra water, some extra gas (it's a slow leak), and a cell phone and my BCAA membership ;) Wish me luck - maybe I'll take pictures :cool:

Tim Smith
04-27-2008, 09:32 AM
You gotta love stories like these.
So how did it go?

Dashface
04-27-2008, 01:16 PM
Well - it went okay, actually!

Things were a little shaky - he's been sitting for four months, after all. Lots of pine needles and bits of spiders and whatnot falling out for the first few km. As a matter of fact, though, the tank held enough gas that I only had to pull over and put more in once :thumb-up:

Plus, I only overheated once, and it was when I was about 6 km from my destination.

All I have to say, though, is this was the first time on the highway with this beast, and boy was it an eye opener! Thank goodness my overdrive worked. My steering was loose as all get-out, though - hopefully that's not _too_ hard to fix. And I averaged 77kph the whole way - I would've thought I'd have to push it off a cliff for that to happen :D

I Leak Oil
04-27-2008, 02:22 PM
It is amazing the kind of condition these this will not only run in but get you where you need to go! Glad you made it safely.
Jason T.