PDA

View Full Version : 1992 RRC $3000 OBO

cookingwithfat
04-28-2008, 08:43 PM
I m officialy throwing in the towel on my '92 RRC. I know I have tried this before, but there was little interest so I am trying again with a lower price. The deal is this... If I can't get someone interested at a price that is at least fair for all the goodies this truck brings to the table I will just part it out, so if you are looking for a part, feel free to contact me and perhaps the requests will add up to me just going ahead and doing that.

I bought this truck with the intent to fix it up and use it for my honeymoon trip to Glacier National Park, and have been hunting am undiagnosed engine problem for five months now. In an effort to determine why the engine computer sends the truck into Limp Home Mode, we have replaced the:

Alternator
Fuel Pump
Fuel Sender
Coil
Plugs and Wires
and finally the Injectors - I choose to go with after-market ford motor sport injectors because my pocketbook has run out of help.

So, why should anyone pay $3000 for a Rangie that doesn't run right? Because the engine that is in it has 15K Miles on it. DAP says we need to open it up and pull the after-market (Crower) Cam Shaft and replace the Injectors that I put in. I'm broke and planning a wedding.

In addition to the above new items the truck also has

Classic RRC Brush Bar - NEW
RRC Bumper - NEW No End Caps
Steering Guard
T - Case Guard
Rear Brush Bar
Diff Guards
1 " OME Lift
Custom Shock Towers

It also has a practically brand new Rovers North Custom Stainless Full Length Roof Rack - with tire mount and rear facing Hella Work Lamp - that I am willing to sell in a separate deal. Retail on that is nearly $2000

I have a matching parts truck, which I am going to try to get going if no one is interested. It needs a new alternator and air in the tires and the brake switch that allows you to shift out of park into drive once you depress the brake. I will consider all offers on that truck.

The deal here is I am bailing out and trying to recoup some of the thousands of dollars I invested into this truck. My loss could be your gain, if you are willing to take it the last final step, or even better, if you know how to take an engine apart. I had intended to teach myself how to take care of this truck, but never even got the chance with it going into the shop about a month after I bought it. 5 Months later and $3000 lighter (about $6000 if we count the add ons and initial investment) I can take it no longer. Make a reasonable offer. Ask for parts from either truck and I will consider it. I am even open to selling the engine on its own. I made a big mistake here and need to raise some money for some other kind of honeymoon plan, so I am willing to consider any kind of plan anyone comes up with.

jeffrey.mukai
05-01-2008, 04:26 PM
where are you?

cookingwithfat
05-04-2008, 04:42 PM
I am in Vermont.