PDA

View Full Version : Great new LR ad

SeaMiler
04-30-2008, 01:10 PM
I can't figure out how to scan it because it's oversize, but you must checkout the new Rover ad in today's Wall Street Journal, p.A5 in the New England edition. It has 60 pictures of Rovers of all eras doing great things with the following copy:

"We've been submerged, frozen in ice, caked in mud, shot at, lost in the desert, run on banana oil, abused by royalty and rock stars, dropped from airplanes, driven to the ends of the earth and, somehow, we still managed to make it to our 60th birthday."
Too cool.

Tim Smith
05-01-2008, 08:50 AM
For sure, Land Rover has some of the coolest ads.

If you want to scan the image in multiple sections and then send them over my way as jpgs then I could probably do a little reassembly magic if you like. Feel free to send them as an email by clicking my name just to the left here and I'll do my best.

I wonder if there are copyright infringements to be thought about with this... :confused:

PH4
05-01-2008, 09:15 AM
I would definitely like to see it. I doubt LR would care even if there were any infringement which I doubt because you are merely passing on to the public and not using for any benefit other than that of LR. No advertising like free advertising.

LaneRover
05-01-2008, 09:16 PM
Just took a pic with my digital camera and had to make it smaller. It is kind of rough but this will give everyone who hasn't seen it an idea of what the ad was.

Oh yeah, I had to put it in sideways to get it even this big... Sorry no URL right now but I would e-mail it to whomever has a place to load it up for a better look for everyone.

Brent

gambrinus
05-01-2008, 10:19 PM
I wonder if that will be available at dealers as a poster or a print. It wouldn't be bad for "garage art"

RW