PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Gauge

Jim-ME
05-01-2008, 04:29 AM
I did a search and am still confused. While trying to hook up my cold start warning light I apparently blew the fuse for the signal lights, fuel gauge and don't know what else. I removed the cold start switch and put everything back the way I found it and replaced the fuse under the bonnet. Now my fuel gauge reads full all the time but everything else appears to be working. I also found a small glass fuse like looking object that is about 1" long and pointed at both ends lying amoungst the wires behind the dash. It appears whole as the wire inside looks to be intact. Any ideas on what to check on to get my fuel gauge reading properly again and where this fuse like device goes?
Thanks,
Jim

PS - I just discovered that the brake lights aren't working either. HELP!!!
PSS - Brake lights are back. Wish I knew why

1961 109 WAGON
05-01-2008, 08:20 AM
when i tested my brake switch/lights i just jumped the two posts on the switch with the key on, either that or the pressure is alittle low in the brake line

Jim-ME
05-01-2008, 09:39 AM
Drove to the office and the fuel gauge has started to drop but still reads full. I've also noticed that the temp gauge which now reads oil temp is also reading high. This suggests to me that the voltage stabilizer isn't working properly and that the gauges are getting too many volts which is what is causing them to read high. Is there any logic to this thought or am I out in left field?
Jim

Jim-ME
05-04-2008, 03:59 AM
I used a multimeter and found that I was getting 12 volts out of the stabilizer. According to the S2 forum folks you are only supposed to have 10. Replaced the stabilizer and all is well.
Jim