PDA

View Full Version : Check out this instrument panel on this SIII on Craigslist

xsbowes
05-02-2008, 07:30 PM
http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/car/662430899.html

previous owner must be Boeing employee.

Firemanshort
05-02-2008, 08:37 PM
I do not think there are that many systems on a Land Rover to monitor - jeesh!

Daurie
05-02-2008, 08:52 PM
I'd hate to see the wiring behind there and under the hood if that's all actually hooked up!

I can see it now....
Main buss power... check
Fuel pump... check
Ignition power... check
Taxi lighting... check
Engage starter... check
Release main parking brake... check

Filght 1972S3 you are clear to taxi.. :D

greenmeanie
05-03-2008, 12:16 AM
Ah yes, but while you have to come to the forum to ask what could possibly cause that strange whine that appears at the edge of hearing only turning this one corner he knows it is wear in the fifth roller in the gearbox output shaft support bearing on the back of the PTO blanking plate.

Who needs computers when you can have MORE GAUGES!

dunerunner
05-03-2008, 12:26 AM
I do not think there are that many systems on a Land Rover to monitor - jeesh!

You're right!! We have to add them! :cheers:

Momo
05-03-2008, 01:09 AM
Most of those gauges are a rare factory option... oil leak rate monitors.

The lower panel is for the flux capacitor

I Leak Oil
05-03-2008, 07:01 AM
The truck is made for a university study.
-There is a set of gages to monitor right side stock spring lean vs. the left side parabolic lean.
-Gage set number two compares swivel wear in the right side grease in SPH vs. left 90 wt filled SPH.
-The third set of gages compares fuel mileage/drive train wear with the FWH's engaged or disengaged.
-Several other gages monitor the hydraulic seal deterioration rate in the various components since half the master cylinder is filled with Girling fluid, half with regular dot 4.
-Finally that large round gage to the right is a high pitched frequency receiver designed to track up to 12 different drivetrain noises simultaneously.

The truck is being sold to another university because the hardtop vs. soft rain penetration study has been completed in Seattle. Results have not been analysed yet.
This study is being performed courtesy of your tax dollars.
Jason T.

yorker
05-03-2008, 07:05 AM
I see they put the roof vents in the doors- That is cool I haven't seen that mod in a while.

Daurie
05-03-2008, 07:56 AM
The truck is being sold to another university because the hardtop vs. soft rain penetration study has been completed in Seattle. Results have not been analysed yet.

Ah yes.. it must have the water ingress and level sensor. Only installed in 100 1976 s3 109's. Brit NW has 98 of the 100 and none are for sale. :rolleyes:

Linus Tremaine
05-03-2008, 10:28 AM
"Brit NW has 98 of the 100 and none are for sale"

That is funny! And so true!

I heard that one may have been for sale but no one could get a price quote on it.

As for the truck, I am a sucker for cool dash panels. I like it! My international has similar. I think the previous owner worked for rockwell instrumentation. The wiring was done very well.

LH Drive
05-03-2008, 11:10 AM
I also like the dash. It would serve as an Anti-Theft system along with the red/yellow shift knobs. It would also keep your brother-inlaw from asking " Can I take your Rover for a spin?"

NelsAnderson
05-04-2008, 11:56 AM
I would love to see a better photo and an explanation of what all those gauges and switches do :-)

PH4
05-04-2008, 03:11 PM
Note the air cleaner mounted above the fender well. I have seen this done many times by French Series Owners. Sometimes it will just be the air cleaner other times a snorkle will have a snorkle hooked to it. Anyone else run across these and know the pros and cons?

jp-
05-05-2008, 12:48 PM
I'd hate to see the wiring behind there and under the hood if that's all actually hooked up!

I can see it now....
Main buss power... check
Fuel pump... check
Ignition power... check
Taxi lighting... check
Engage starter... check
Release main parking brake... check

Filght 1972S3 you are clear to taxi.. :D

Lucas wiring... check

PoOf

-darkness-

Tim Smith
05-05-2008, 02:30 PM
Note the air cleaner mounted above the fender well. I have seen this done many times by French Series Owners. Sometimes it will just be the air cleaner other times a snorkle will have a snorkle hooked to it. Anyone else run across these and know the pros and cons?
One con would be visibility. Don't ask me how I know. :D