PDA

View Full Version : 1959 Series II 109 Regular For Sale

dunerunner
05-02-2008, 11:55 PM
Left drive, original US import. Solid Frame, Swivel Ball housing rebuilt, all new! and New tie rod ends, New standard right side fuel tank, re-built drivers side custom made heavy gauge steel tank, both tanks professionally sealed with operational switching solenoid (Non Std.). Both tank fill ports are behind driver and passanger door post, on the side panel below the cab. I have a Fairey OD, new; never installed and a few new and used parts that will go with the truck. Truck needs some work, what Land Rover Doesn't; engine has unleaded head, runs but is tappety and lacks power but is driveable around town 30 - 45 mph. Clutch needs some TLC. New brake rebuild all around, drums, shoes, master cyl., brake cylinders. Truck is driven occasionally and currently garaged in Oregon. PM for more information, pics, phone number, etc..All recent work, professionally done. This truck originally sold as US import in Nevada, 1960 and is so registered. The VIN indicates the year of manufacture as 1959.

$8500.00.

http://i31.tinypic.com/35n3hpt.jpg http://i26.tinypic.com/10h3679.jpg

kenny k
05-24-2008, 07:39 PM
I would like to discuss the purchase of your series II please email me at jkgoodlife@aol.com

dunerunner
06-09-2008, 10:43 PM
OK...Haven't heard a word from kenny K since we traded e-mail. SOooo!! the 109 is still on the block !!

Daurie
11-05-2008, 07:31 PM
Is this normal? Three prospective buyers, only one that was serious enough to ask for more pics, the other two; wanted a free truck!!

She's still for sale!! I will entertain reasonable offers.

It's a nice loking truck but brakes, lacks power.. could need rebuild :confused: .. and then the clutch which would be a booger to replace for your average buyer.. I can see where 8500 would be considered high. I'm interested in seeing more pictures and a little more info on what the engine problem may be. Will PM my email.

Thanks!

dunerunner
01-03-2009, 12:35 AM
Brakes are new, drums, shoes, wheel cylinders. Master cylinder is rebuilt. The engine is probably in need of some TLC but at 70HP, it does good enough to get me up to 50 MPH. Just trying to be as honest as possible as selling a truck sight unseen makes the verbal descriptive very important. The clutch sucks! The peddle return spring is weak and the clutch master and slave cylinders need a rebuild.

kevin-ct
01-03-2009, 07:34 AM
What a nice truck. I wish I was in the market for a truck like this. I need a 5 door. Good luck with the sale. Have you tried LRE? or, maybe E-Bay

dunerunner
01-03-2009, 10:47 AM
Kevin, Thanks and since this truck replaced my D-90, I'm not in a hurry to sell her until the right buyer comes along. I'll just keep working on her and driving around until that happens. Scott - Or. :thumb-up: Hope you find a five door, happy rovering!!

dunerunner
11-25-2009, 11:35 PM
Going to bump this add for the last time. First $8,500.00US takes her!!

dunerunner
06-15-2010, 12:05 PM
After being up on the block for two years, I've decided to keep "Belle"!

Removed from sale

Thanks to all who expressed interest in purchasing this Land Rover.