PDA

View Full Version : Recommended Manuals?

Apis Mellifera
05-04-2008, 08:01 PM
I'm looking for an Owner's (glovebox) Manual and a workshop manual for my Series III. Any suggestions?

Jim-ME
05-05-2008, 05:08 AM
Our hosts sell both the owners manual and the shop manual (the green bible). Other possible sources are E-bay for used and Amazon for both new and used. After trying to cheap it out by buying CDs and other shop manuals I finally gave up and got the real thing. Far superior to anything else short of the advice of experience you gain here.
Jim

thixon
05-05-2008, 07:58 AM
Our hosts sell both the owners manual and the shop manual (the green bible). Other possible sources are E-bay for used and Amazon for both new and used. After trying to cheap it out by buying CDs and other shop manuals I finally gave up and got the real thing. Far superior to anything else short of the advice of experience you gain here.
Jim

Amen to the above. Take a pass on the Haynes manual. It stinks.

alligatorfoot
05-05-2008, 02:04 PM
Jim

What is wrong with the CD version (aside from needing a good print quality printer)? I would image that the content is the exact same (pictures, descriptions, steps, etc...)?

Jim-ME
05-05-2008, 02:11 PM
The CD is copy write protected so you can't simply print pages that you need for a project, get them all greasy and then pitch them. That is what I had planned on doing and boy was I wrong. You can bring your laptop into the garage and get that all crappy if you want to. Glad I got the green bible. Wish I had done it right the first time and I would saved myself about $40 for the CD and $25 or so for the Haynes manual.
Jim

autoguy
05-05-2008, 02:30 PM
plus the cd does not work with apple products :mad:

spend the extra and get the paper manual, a greasy manual is a good thing, a greasy laptop is bad :) do you really want to get a $1000 + laptop greasy

PH4
05-05-2008, 02:37 PM
I would buy the green bible and the parts catalog. I purchased the cd and do not think it is worth a damn and rarely use it. Constantly use my Green Bible and old Rovers North Catalog.