PDA

View Full Version : Tire choices for a stock 92 Range Rover

Fitzhugh
05-07-2008, 04:05 PM
Which tires do you have on your stock Range Rovers? I Originally had Coopers (not sure of the size) and they were great until an accident necessitated that they be replalced. I have a set of power king 215/85s but they provide poor steering feel and need replacing. I'm planning on getting 225/75s or 235/70s but am unsure of what brand or model to get. I'd appreciate some advice.

zerocanon
05-07-2008, 07:31 PM
I'm running 225/75 Kuhmo Road Venture MT's. They do rub very slightly at full lock when the tire is tucked. I've had them for about a year and a half. They are wearing very well. Good all around, mud, snow, rain. They clean out well and are relatively quiet on pavement but I wouldn't recommend them for a lot of interstate driving because the noise will get old on long trips.

http://www.offroaders.com/tech/AT-MT-Tires/images/kumho_venture_mt_kl71-section.jpg

twstrchasr
07-11-2008, 07:44 PM
I am getting ready to replace my BFG AT's on my 1991 RRC..I have been running the 235/70's. Never had any rubbing issues. Truck is not lifted BTW. I have had very good luck w BFG's for many years. Both the AT's and MT's have served me well. I have heard (never used) good things about the Bridgestone Revo's and Nitto Terra Grapplers also. Good luck !!

:cheers:

Fitzhugh
07-12-2008, 10:22 PM
East Coast Rover reccomends the BFG A/T because it has tough sidewalls. The BFGs were out of stock when I needed tires so I ended up with 225/75 Dunlop A/Ts which are so far unremarkable. Next time I'll go with the Goodrich.

jgkmmoore
09-23-2008, 01:50 PM
I'm really excited about a set of 255/65 X 16's by General! Yup, General. Tire Racks customers rate the tire very well, so I'm doing a set. They are outrageously good in wet or dry traction (had mine siped) and very quiet. Haven't tried 'em in snow yet, but they look like they would clean out pretty well. I had to do a high (sorta) speed aversion move to avoid a jacknifing trailer, and used full ABS. My 94 (with sway bars)handled the 70+ mph, double lane change, move with aplomb, and the tires tracked like a weasel in a rain drain!!! I'm wholly impressed. They are designed as a UHP summer tire, but they are superb in the Seattle rain. I have ridden on the best and least acclaimed tires in the world, and would place these tires easily in the top 10%. I can't respond to 'roadwear' or 'snow use' however....haven't had 'em long enough. They are priced right, but in high demand right now. You may have to wait up to a week for them, but they'll be hot off the line. I highly recommend them if your needs lean towards mainly highway use.

jgkmmoore
09-23-2008, 01:52 PM
Woops...........they are called the 'General Grabber UHP'...........255/65x16