X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 1961 109 WAGON
    2nd Gear
    • Dec 2006

need close up pic of...

the the rear step on a series 2. i have the hardware, just cant figure which way the hardware goes. its new in the box by the way, thanks!

o, and it looks like its going to hit the rear tire,and the f%$@# hitch has to come off!!
  • Bostonian1976
    5th Gear
    • Nov 2006

placement? I don't think the hitch has to come off. this is as close of a pic as I have...

'67 sort of station wagon (limestone), '65 gray hardtop, '63 blue Station Wagon, '64 limestone station wagon in pieces

Comment

• 1961 109 WAGON
      2nd Gear
      • Dec 2006

damn that was fast thank you!
      i need a close up of the brackets mounted to the bumper from a few inches away
      the way mine mounts, it mounts to the three pretapped holes in the center section of the bumper, you just choice under the pto hole, or to the right of it.
      i see the bpr 6 pack is mia!!

Comment

• Bostonian1976
        5th Gear
        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by 1961 109 WAGON
        i see the bpr 6 pack is mia!!
        I believe the picture was pre-purchase!

I'd post a picture of a close- up if my Rover was close to me. Alas - it's not.........city life keeps them far away
        '67 sort of station wagon (limestone), '65 gray hardtop, '63 blue Station Wagon, '64 limestone station wagon in pieces

Comment

• daveb
          5th Gear
          • Nov 2006

hitch = step...

Originally posted by 1961 109 WAGON
          the the rear step on a series 2. i have the hardware, just cant figure which way the hardware goes. its new in the box by the way, thanks!

o, and it looks like its going to hit the rear tire,and the f%$@# hitch has to come off!!
          A Land Rover would never turn up to collect an Oscar. It'd be far too busy doing something important, somewhere, for someone."

Comment

• 1961 109 WAGON
            2nd Gear
            • Dec 2006

i have the bracket that the hitch plate bolts too, but not the hitch itself. i cant find a close up picture in any of my books

Comment

• Hormel
              Low Range
              • Jan 2007

Rear Step Picture

1961 109 WAGON,
              I hope this helps. One of the bolts goes through the bottom of the crossmember in just one of the existing threaded holes, the other attachment is on the angled section. My cross member is a later replacement, as well as the "custom" steel gas tank beyond but I would think the mounting should be the same. You should be able to have the step and hitch.

The tire does indeed hit the rear step but it can be adjusted out by changing the inner set of olive nuts on the tire carrier. I have not moved mine out as far as I should but I was thinking by being slightly tight against the step it might keep the tire from rocking up and down (and working the door frame and hinges). The tire is a 235.
              John
              Last edited by Hormel; 12-25-2008, 10:48 PM.

Comment

• Bostonian1976
                5th Gear
                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Hormel

The tire does indeed hit the rear step but it can be adjusted out by changing the inner set of olive nuts on the tire carrier. I have not moved mine out as far as I should but I was thinking by being slightly tight against the step it might keep the tire from rocking up and down (and working the door frame and hinges). The tire is a 235.
                John
                food for thought - wouldn't the rear door usually be open when said step is being used?

Comment

• 1961 109 WAGON
                  2nd Gear
                  • Dec 2006

thank you hormel for those pics, thats the angles i needed!! my mounting bracket it differnent, mine is flat and bolts to two threads holes, and then bolts to two holes directly in front of the threaded holes.i got some kind of reject mounting hardware. it also does not match any of the front four doors either, so i dont know what i have

Comment

Working...