PDA

View Full Version : tuffy console and overdrive

green 'n stinky
05-11-2008, 09:23 AM
I'd like to get a Tuffy Console for my series III, but before I spend $300 on one, I wanted to be sure that it wouldn't interfere with the overdrive lever. Anyone out there using a Tuffy with an overdrive? Any issues? Thanks in advance!

scott
05-11-2008, 10:10 AM
i don't have a tuffy but i did hate the way my od shifter rested against the middle seat bottom so i put my truck in 4th, loosen the od shifter lock nut and rotated it 'til it almost made contact with the gear shifter. now w/ od disingaged it's about 3" off the seat. maybe you can do this then measure the distance from the disingage od shifter and that lip on the backside of the seat box and compare it to the outter demensions of the tuffy

LH Drive
05-11-2008, 12:49 PM
Not a tuffy console but I did install a child toddler seat so my son can hold my drink while I drive. Works great but he keeps taking sips off my soda.:) The Overdrive lever is about 2 inches from the seat box and is not as long as other levers i've seen. My son does kick the OD lever into nuetral once in a while, only 15 months old and already shifting gears. He just can't wait to drive the Landy.

galen216
05-11-2008, 03:16 PM
I have both and there is no interference issue. The tuffy box is great in that it is huge! It can fit a lot of stuff. Enjoy.

adkrover
05-11-2008, 05:34 PM
I have both with no issues. If it does hit, try Scott's suggestion to rotate the lever.

green 'n stinky
05-12-2008, 05:55 PM
Thanks for the responses. I'll have to try rotating the lever. Mine currently presses against the middle seat cushion.

Donnie
05-12-2008, 09:09 PM
I'd like to get a Tuffy Console for my series III, but before I spend $300 on one, I wanted to be sure that it wouldn't interfere with the overdrive lever. Anyone out there using a Tuffy with an overdrive? Any issues? Thanks in advance!
I used a little diff. tech. rather than turning the shift lever, I cut the connecting rod in 1/2 & took a 3 " round rod about 1" in dia. Bored thru it, threaded both ends, threaded both ends of the rod that I cut. then I had an adjustable rod that would allow me to position the shifter where I wanted it,I.E.fore & aft without losing the angle of the dangle that I preferred the handle to be in....
Does that make any sense??????????

Momo
05-12-2008, 09:47 PM
The only problem is with the radio sleeve-equipped Tuffy. It fits fine unless you want to attach the cup holder. Then it won't fit. However in a 109 you could mount it on the back provided you get it low enough to clear the lid and hinge.