PDA

View Full Version : 1971 Ex-MoD 109 & NATO Sankey Trailer

andy driscoll
05-11-2008, 03:07 PM
1971 Late IIA 109 ex-MoD Ambulance with ex-NATO Sankey trailer -- $14,000
Converted to radio back ex-military vehicle with under 33K original miles. Vehicle features include: original vulcanizing in very good shape on straight frame; Series III transmision; no significant rust on bulkhead, footwells, door post areas, door interiors, radiator panel, or chassis; twin fuel tanks; NATO convoy lights (except rear 'pumpkin' light), and 12pin NATO trailer connector with cover; Santana overdrive; 8:1 conversion; Hella headlamps located within early IIA radiator panel, Hella fogs and Hella relays each; large, early IIA radiator; rear work light; 43amp alternator and alternator conversion; Defender doors, door tops and European locks with key; Series III hinges and Defender mirrors; rear military pintle and appropriate backing plates; front and rear bumper overriders; 5 Wolf vented rims; gaiters; plug-in heater for radiator hose; full and 3/4 canvas hoopset and related parts; newer 3/4 canvas (no windows) and older, damaged full canvas (windows); pick-up cab (LH gutter missing); full hardtop with fixed windows; rear tailboard fitted with Pioneer Kit. Only known item to not function on vehicle is Water temp gauge.

1986 Sankey ex-NATO trailer WITH TAILGATE
All lights function; newer shocks; newer Cooper tires; anti-sway bar; drop down tailgate. Sold with new replacement leaf springs that are not installed. Trailer has rust in bed toward the 'tongue' of the trailer, otherwise is very solid.

Additional parts:
Early IIA RH top/inner wing panel; additional Wolf vented rim(part of the set of five listed above, but without tire); all related parts and fittings for the pick-up cab, full hardtop, full and 3/4 hoopsets; Cooper Technica heater distribution box; Wolf heater and fan; pair rear jump seats;.

Principle work done since purchased from Rovers North:
8:1 conversion; addition of all Sankey pintle and electric connections; Hella conversions with headlaps placed into military housings within an early IIA radiator panel; alternator conversion; installation of larger radiator; fully rebuilt carb; installation of gaiters; new clutch plate and clutch withdrawal mechanism; Bill Hirsch sealed gas tanks; new tailpipe and muffler; installation of Santana overdrive; new spedo cable; 4 newer Nokian radial tires on Wolf vented rims; new locker tops for rear bed stowage compartments; new steering wheel; re-wrapped rear harness in PVC tape; installation of rear work light; installation of both pairs of bumper overriders. All new work done with stainless hardware.

IMAGES ON FLICKR http://www.flickr.com/photos/26470152@N02/?donelayout=1

call: Andy Driscoll (785) 838-4010 or e-mail: KDriscol@usd497.org

Les Parker
02-10-2011, 12:34 PM
I beleive this is still for sale.

Any updates, folks?

derekchace
02-10-2011, 05:04 PM
Look for another project Les?
If you want I will give you a great deal on one or both on mine!

Les Parker
02-14-2011, 04:10 PM
Derek,

Its a nice Sankey I need, or a REALLY good deal on a 109".

:sly:

luckyjoe
02-15-2011, 09:50 AM
At the asking price, this (http://www.roversnorth.com/store/p-16017-ex-military-trailer.aspx) should be an excellent, NOS Sankey.

Les Parker
02-15-2011, 12:24 PM
Now that is just TOO nice for my intended use, in the woods etc.
:eek:

Les Parker
03-23-2011, 09:50 AM
:) I believe this is now sold.
Best wishes to the lucky new owner, nice package deal.