PDA

View Full Version : any new mexicans out there?

scott
05-12-2008, 02:36 PM
are there any new mexican besides badvibes and i frequenting this board?

jp-
05-13-2008, 09:40 AM
More come over everyday.

www.grassfire.org

scott
05-13-2008, 10:18 AM
More come over everyday.

www.grassfire.org (http://www.grassfire.org)

that caused a small chuckle

gambrinus
05-13-2008, 10:21 AM
I've got a few new ones right down the street.

Do you need some work done?

RW

scott
05-13-2008, 10:56 AM
it's bad enough when us senators ask questions like why federal dollars going to new mexico are not counted as part of foriegn aid but now i got roverers not knowing that we are a part of the union. new mexicans are not mexicans newly arriving, well not all of 'em anyways.

don't need any work done. just looking for series in the area. we have a rover club here but i believe it to be mostly rr, discos and defenders.

adkrover
05-13-2008, 01:06 PM
I must admit, when I first read your post I assumed you meant Mexicans who were "new" to the forum. Now I see you meant people from New Mexico. Here in upstate New York, the weather is still too cold for most Mexicans but climate change is helping them out. It won't be long. I own land outside of Taos but even that didn't help me get it the first time. I personally don't have a problem with LEGAL imigration and work closely with a non-profit that helps exiled Tibetans. It is very frustrating to play by the rules and then have someone decide to give amnesty to 12 million people who in my opinion cheated. just my 2 pennies (soon to be made from steel).

Momo
05-13-2008, 01:22 PM
...and the award for "Best Thread Hijack" goes to JP!

JP, you have won...

http://www.bcmtouring.com/auto-expo-2008/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/tata-nano.jpg

a new TATA!

Momo

scott
05-13-2008, 01:46 PM
i'd venture to say that if it weren't for that big freak'n ocean the tibetians along with a lot others would give our southern neighbors some competions when it comes to undocumented entry. wouldn't it be nice if they all drove here in old series?

scott
05-13-2008, 01:49 PM
...and the award for "Best Thread Hijack" goes to JP!

JP, you have won...

a new TATA!

Momo

momo, jp? don't ya mean adkrove? sure jp started this tangent but...

all i wanted was to find some series in the land of enchantment. the only state that has "USA" on it's license plates. the land of plenty of open space for roving and yes a few mexicans, old, new, legal and illegal yada yada yada

Momo
05-13-2008, 02:02 PM
momo, jp? don't ya mean adkrove? sure jp started this tangent but...

They can both fit in the TATA. It seats 15 in relative discomfort and comes with a Tandoori oven hooked into the turbo waste gate (premium models only)

jp-
05-13-2008, 02:21 PM
Mo,

I'll take it, but only if you put some spinners on it. Or maybe some chrome hubcaps, with little Cadillac emblems on them.

Pinze
05-13-2008, 11:47 PM
and have a '60 SII 88.

badvibes
05-14-2008, 03:38 AM
and have a '60 SII 88.

Thanks for bringing this back on topic. Is your truck a driver? Mine isn't at the moment, clutch linkage issues. I'm actually driving my friend, Scott's 2A. I've recently seen a 2A on the west side near where I get my dog groomed. Nice looking khaki truck with a soft top. Also in the driveway was a Disco, I think. Strange how when spotting Rovers I see the older trucks first. Yours maybe?

Jeff

ETA: Is "Pinze" short for Pinzgauer?

jp-
05-14-2008, 04:45 PM
I'm actually driving my friend, Scott's 2A.

What is Scott driving?

giorgio
05-14-2008, 05:28 PM
According to Scott's profile, he is in Iraq, without his Rover.

Pinze
05-14-2008, 10:31 PM
Mine is a driver, although the engine is pretty tired. I'm planning on rebuilding the engine as time and money allow. It's a kinda faded limestone color with a brown bikini top. Yeah, there are a few old Series around here.

I have the same eye problem, I seem to be fixated on old iron or aluminum! My wife think it's a disease.

I've also got a Pinz, hence the nickname.

badvibes
05-15-2008, 11:22 AM
What is Scott driving?

Not sure he's driving anything. But he's riding around in Hummers and the big iron thing in this thread:

http://www.roversnorth.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3741

badvibes
05-15-2008, 11:28 AM
I have the same eye problem, I seem to be fixated on old iron or aluminum! My wife think it's a disease.

I've also got a Pinz, hence the nickname.

Your wife is right! Only seen a Pinz up close a couple of times. The guy out at BMG Tactical has a couple sitting out front on his property. Cool trucks. Your wife must also be very understanding of your sickness.

Jeff

scott
05-15-2008, 11:40 AM
i'm cruis'n in an up armored john deer gator. i'll post a pic tomorrow. and as for understanding wives, i use the "have another drink dear" method.

badvibes
05-15-2008, 11:57 AM
i'm cruis'n in an up armored john deer gator.

Like this one? Good trigger discipline by the way.

http://webmaila.netzero.net/webmail/new/21?folder=savedmail&msgNum=00000WG0:0017q2mi00001ucQ&count=1210869443&attachId=2&prevId=-2&action=photoviewer

scott
05-15-2008, 12:06 PM
i guess, i can't see. dang shoddy internet connection. you'd think there was a war or something going on here. we have since mod'd the gator. it now sports a NEW MEXICAN license plate. that's a plate from the 47th state not one newly arriving

jp-
05-15-2008, 03:30 PM
Is New Mexican a state? I've never heard of it.

By the way Scott, have you seen any Rovers over there? Series or Wolfs?

gambrinus
05-15-2008, 04:55 PM
I didn't know that Mexicans could join the U.S.Army.

Will you get your citizenship when you finish your enlistment?:D

RW

scott
05-16-2008, 11:08 AM
Is New Mexican a state? I've never heard of it.

By the way Scott, have you seen any Rovers over there? Series or Wolfs?

i've been all around the al anbar province and the only roves i've seen are some iraqi army ambulances

scott
05-16-2008, 11:12 AM
I didn't know that Mexicans could join the U.S.Army.

Will you get your citizenship when you finish your enlistment?:D

RW

hope not, i don't want to have to start filling federal tax returns:o and that "u.s army" crack was pretty offensive...go navy!

badvibes
05-17-2008, 01:50 PM
i guess, i can't see. dang shoddy internet connection. you'd think there was a war or something going on here. we have since mod'd the gator. it now sports a NEW MEXICAN license plate. that's a plate from the 47th state not one newly arriving

Try this again, sorry Scott it wasn't your connection...

http://webmaila.netzero.net/webmail/new/21?folder=savedmail&msgNum=00000WG0:0017q2mi00001ucQ&count=1211049447&attachId=2&prevId=-2&action=photoviewer

jp-
05-19-2008, 09:39 AM
hope not, i don't want to have to start filling federal tax returns:o and that "u.s army" crack was pretty offensive...go navy!

Are you in the Navy? You're in a land locked state.

Also would it be New Mexican or New Mexicoan.

New Mexicoan sounds better.

scott
05-19-2008, 11:01 AM
Are you in the Navy? You're in a land locked state.

Also would it be New Mexican or New Mexicoan.

New Mexicoan sounds better.

24 years in the navy, last 20 in the reserve with 2 deployments to iraq & 1 to kuwait since 03. after this it's retirement time. back to being a full time new mexicoan and a roverine

gobie desert
05-25-2008, 02:16 AM
i am a part-time "land of enchantment" person. have a good friend in taos and from time to time i will drive the series III there from cali but with gas prices these days i need to win the lotto to do another one. you ever visit rover farm?

i always find the immigration thing quite funny and must laugh at all the commotion it causes. i just sit back and think boy it's too bad my ancestors ( the first original people on turtle island who did not treat the land as though they owned it) did not build fences and send everyone back to their boats. but they, much to their demise, welcomed these new "white eyes"... and then got massacred. and now...well, like i said i just laugh.

www.pahasapafilms.com
i did a documentary about some of the great things these new settlers did. good times...good times.

dunerunner
05-25-2008, 05:29 PM
24 years in the navy, last 20 in the reserve with 2 deployments to iraq & 1 to kuwait since 03. after this it's retirement time. back to being a full time new mexicoan and a roverine

Scott,

Thank you for your comittment, loyalty and service. Congratulations on retirement...let the rovering begin.

Scott Maurer
EM2 '70 -'74
Subic Bay, Kowshung
WestPac '73

jp-
05-27-2008, 10:15 AM
i always find the immigration thing quite funny and must laugh at all the commotion it causes.

It's hard to laugh, when the future of our country is at stake.

I welcome all who come here legally and wish to be Americans. Those that come here only to protest against everything America stands for (while taking advantage of free health care, etc.), those I do not welcome.

Our ancestors fought too hard for this country for it to be given up.

Scott, thank you for your service to our country.

scott
05-27-2008, 10:45 AM
i wasn't phishing for thanks (but thanks for the thanks and know it's been my pleasure) or wishing to incite immigration debates. i just want to find series owners in new mexico. I’ve been around this planet a couple of times and seen how so many do with so little. i'm not so impressed with us. i've seen us through the eyes of others and we kind of look fat, spoiled and arrogant. how do we prove we're not? how do we enjoy the fruit of our labor without appearing to be squandering the world’s resources? i know i will be driving my 13 mpg series a bit less and not just because of the $4/gal.

LaneRover
05-30-2008, 12:28 AM
How do we enjoy the fruit of our labor without appearing to be squandering the world’s resources? i know i will be driving my 13 mpg series a bit less and not just because of the $4/gal.

I say we enjoy the fruits of our labor by driving our 40 year old trucks because the 'greenest' thing in the world is durability! If you can use and reuse something then all the better! It is much better to have an old truck for occasional use than a new truck for occasional use.

Most if not all of the Hybrids on the road today will be gone in 15 years and may have been replaced twice or even three times. I'll bet that most of our trucks will still be on the road - or still going off-road!

Brent

seaswood
05-30-2008, 03:05 AM
Down here on the Coast I rareley see them.
Sleepy town of manzanillo near Cabo Corrienties.
everything here is worn out

are there any new mexican besides badvibes and i frequenting this board?

Okar
12-01-2008, 12:00 AM
I find this thread amusing, assuming most land Rover owners are "ahem", cough" caucasian, driving old brittish cars... the one reply about "more come over every day" almost bothered me.. gee I was in Mexico a few weeks ago.. and boy o garsh darnit, i seen lots of you guys down there..:nono: oh no i just got sensitive.

jp-
12-01-2008, 11:49 AM
I find this thread amusing, assuming most land Rover owners are "ahem", cough" caucasian, driving old brittish cars... the one reply about "more come over every day" almost bothered me.. gee I was in Mexico a few weeks ago.. and boy o garsh darnit, i seen lots of you guys down there..:nono: oh no i just got sensitive.

That would have been me. I often find that our society has become too PC. You do not have the right not to be offended. I try to say what I think and believe for the most part without restriction. That is what was intended by our 1st Amendment. I am not a racist or anything else that people often try to label those who speak their minds, just making a comment about the sad state of affairs regarding our open border policy.

Welcome to the board.

scott
12-02-2008, 11:05 AM
i kind of think we should just open the borders, let all who want to work, live, thrive and contribute in. get rid of income taxes and go with gross receipt taxes such that the more you consume the more you pay for the support of the agencies that do what private interprize can't. as for our healthcare and social securies woes, well let's get rid of healthcare and retirement packages for all elected officials. these are just temp jobs anyways, right? and who has every held a temp job with these kind of benifits. we've complicated things way to much here. you shoud get out what you put in and it should really hurt if you take what ain't yours.

now back to the original question. any owners of running or near running series out there in new mexico?

jp-
12-02-2008, 11:58 AM
Scott, I respectfully disagree with you on open borders. Do you think Isreal should open its borders without restriction? Surely you know that the US military maintains border security of 40,000+ troups in numerous countries around the world including Germany (more than 60 years after the war) and in Korea. Why can't we patrol our own borders?

The other things, I tend to agree with you on.

scott
12-02-2008, 12:16 PM
i'm suggesting open borders for all who want to contribute and share, not destroy. whether you cross the border or not if you have ill intent you should consider yourself a target. i believe no matter where you are on this planet if you threaten us or our allies you die.

Terrys
12-02-2008, 12:59 PM
This thread seemed to have gone of track. Wasn't the guy looking for people from New Mexico?

Les Parker
12-02-2008, 02:01 PM
As Terry reminds us, stay on track, please.
The latest postings should be on :-

http://www.roversnorth.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=57

Tks

scott
12-02-2008, 03:33 PM
terry, this thread left the tracks quite a while ago. but it's cool. i think there's only about a half dozen series out here. badvibes and i go back 30 years so we are always together working on or running around in our old trucks. there's a cub here, high desert rovers, that we haven't gotten around to yet. most of their members are in discos, rrc and defenders but we've heard that there is some old iron in their mix too.