PDA

View Full Version : 2,000 rmp hesitation

chester rides again
05-14-2008, 08:24 AM
I've developed a hesitation at approximately 2,000 rpm in what seems to be all gears. It doesn't always happen, however, I'd say that it is happening during about 33% to 50% of my driving.

The hesitation is not a backfiring, but almost like something mechanical is locking up for just a second, resulting in a hick-up like feeling in my pickup!

Any thoughts?

scott
05-14-2008, 11:05 AM
are you running with a single barrel carb? mines a weber 2 brl, i would be thinking carberation but that's just a guess

Les Parker
05-14-2008, 11:09 AM
Hello there,

Do you have a Zenith 36IV carb. fitted?
If so, you might find this archive interesting.

http://www.roversnorth.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3121

MancunianExile
05-16-2008, 08:16 PM
2 suggestions based on exploits with my 2A & assorted zenith carbs
1- accelerator pump not working (non return ball valve circlip adrift inside the pump)
2- warped joint between the top & bottom parts of the carb ( you can usually fix this by new gasket and using an emery cloth on a flat surface plate to carefully sand the top half of the carb joint surface). Note:- remove the float, and chamber containing the accel pump, jets etc otherwise you will be sanding for a long time & end up with something that does not work at all.

chester rides again
05-16-2008, 09:57 PM
could someone explain what would be going on in the carb that would be causing this hesitation? it happened again today, and i watched the tach dance all over the place for a second while the truck hesitated. it happened right around 2,000 rpms again. i probably should have been in 3rd and not 4th, so the truck was fighting agains the gearing.

thanks for the posts, looks like i've got some exploring to do this weekend between raindrops...

I Leak Oil
05-17-2008, 06:38 AM
Certainly sounds like a fuel issue. Along with the carb, check your filter and strainer on your pickup tube for junk as well.
Jason T.